Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreatDane

Absolutely ridicilous. Rashford and Harry Maguire has been aybmsal. They need to go first. Ronaldo is way down the list.
Agree with Harry and Rashford, but Ronaldo is big fecking problem as well. He needs to go yesterday.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Absolutely ridicilous. Rashford and Harry Maguire has been aybmsal. They need to go first. Ronaldo is way down the list.
Those two want to stay, the other one want to leave. So just give him the "letter of freedom". The money Man Utd saved from his salary is probably enough to buy another striker.

Club simply has to back manager here, even if that means telling him to sling his hook on a free.
Understand why he’s pissed mind, but if ETH thinks he is undermining squad harmony, there’s only one decision to be made.

Jev

Interested to know on what grounds we would terminate his contract? Ronaldo and his team would need to agree to this, otherwise United will be paying out the remainder of it. £35mil, I believe.

If he is a free agent, then what? Who is going to take him and his £500k a week salary?
He is effectively a free agent now because every club knows they could put in a measly bid for him and have a good chance of United accepting.

Personally, i think the best option for him would be to take a salary cut and go back to Sporting. He could play in the CL, im sure he would score a ton of goals in the Portuguese league and it would be a fitting way to end a great career.

He deserves better than finishing his club career with United, in the state we are in right now.
I'm assuming it would be by mutual content given that he wants to leave?

Last edited:

troylocker

Hi there troy!

I'm not going to argue against your pressing stats, since my point isn't that Ronaldo is either good at pressing or does it a lot. We all know that. We have also seen he's willing to do more of it and learn as he took the feedback to heart last season and was lauded in here for pressing and dropping back to help defending a few games after that criticism was pointed out to him. Your pressing stats help me in that he doesn't indeed do it a lot, so when he actually does it, and the LW and RW stand there instead of moving up on the pitch, there's something seriously wrong going on, and Ronaldo isn't getting the positive reinforcement that doing it is actually helping the team, since he's doing it alone, and it's no wonder he ends giving up on doing it and maybe it's fair enough that the issue arose during the training session. Talking about things in training doesn't mean he's moaning like a 5-year old child. But people will read the tweet and will read without trying to contextualize it just the tiniest bit. As for the pressing stats, I can't argue against you.

As for your final point, eh... I don't think at this moment I intend much with my posts. I'm just trying to point out a few things and trying to balance the discussion. Everyone has made up their mind about Ronaldo by now. I 100% respect your view and I think both sides of the fanbase by now understand that it's good for everyone if he leaves. I don't want to sound like Ronaldo is perfect and we should be pounding everyone else first and try to get them out the door immediately while Ronaldo stays and gets lauded by fans and pundits. But I do think a part of the fanbase is focusing too much on him, while I see even deeper problems that should be tackled first somewhere else. I think United need more players like Ronaldo from a mentality point of view, but I completely get it that it would be positive if he left so we could looking longer term and start rebuilding something that needs to be rebuilt from the ground up, and that the kind of work that needs to be done, no Messi, no Ronaldo, and Pele and no Maradona could ever hope to resolve by themselves. I also agree with you about the rotting players blossoming again. I think a quite large portion of said players will never blossom again, but I do see some players that are quality and can fight back from psychological issues to regain their confidence and reach their best quality again. Varane looks like a shadow of himself and I've watched him his entire career at Madrid and he's quality, just not right now. Bruno I trust can fight back too, etc. And in that way, as many of you say, it would be better if he left so Erik can keeping watching the group play, and make sure by the time next season starts, we let go of the rotting players, and keep those who have spirit, care, want to be successful at United and want to make United go back to where it belongs.

Thanks for taking the time to reply!
Thanks for this wellrounded look into your thinking around the pro's and con's with Ronaldo at Manchester United. I appreciate it and respect it.

We obviously see this with different eyes. I'm thinking 100% from a footballing and whats best for the club perspective, or at least I'm trying to. We have many other issues to handle and take care of for this squad (+eventual additions) to perform like we want to, but I truly believe that the biggest and sharpest stone in our shoe is Ronaldo and keeping him for another season will only put us in an even worse spot.

When you sign a 36 year old player who probably will go down in football history as one of the absolute GOATs, you expect him to elevate the players around him and mentor the others in addition to lead the line and be an example for the other players on the pitch. Thats not what we got. We got a selfcentered, non-pressing, falling star that instead of elevating his teammates has had the opposite effect on the squad. This is well documented through our results and all measurable team parameters before and after his arrival and with and without him on the pitch. When he also fails to turns up for pre-season, flirts with every other topclub in Europe and draws so much attention away from football and what we want to do on the pitch, it's not hard to see why many thinks he's a huge disruptive factor in the club as well. We are in a position where we need everyone in and around the first team to pull in the same direction.

SER19

Has to go im afraid. Would give ten hag authority among players and the hassle isn't worth it for one more season. Get in the atletico guy and one more cheap short term option like vardy, and just accept that it's an essential part of rebuilding this team

MUFC OK

Has to go im afraid. Would give ten hag authority among players and the hassle isn't worth it for one more season. Get in the atletico guy and one more cheap short term option like vardy, and just accept that it's an essential part of rebuilding this team
Yeah let's get a striker who scored 7 goals last season for nearly 50m. Great shout.

youmeletsfly

These leaks from the dressing room are annoying as feck.
Or they're just BS written after seeing Ronnie having an argument with Mclaren.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Only what some of us said when this first broke. The people running things at this club are so so dim. Takes them months to figure what we can in minutes.

Idxomer

From all the reliable sources around the club, it does seem he has been a huge cnut and a deliberate disruptive influence for the last year.

On the Athletic podcast during pre-season, they all agreed that most footballing people at the club don't want him there anymore.

LARulz

Just freeze him out from the first team. I have no interest in letting him go if it's to another PL club and giving him whatever he wants because he is crying, he can go dab his tears with his stupid pay check

If a team from Europe comes after him then he can go and go feck himself

romufc

I see loads of people like Mark Goldbridge completely backing Ronaldo as if he is some saint.

Lets look at facts.

1. Under Ole, we finished 2nd and had a good team spirit, Ronaldo signs, we lose games and the dressing room is a disaster
2. Ralf comes in and its still a disaster, he is dropped for City game and he decides to go to Portugal.
3. Pre season Ronaldo doesn't turn up, great atmosphere in the squad and team pressing.
4. Ronaldo back and the morale is down again.

This can't be a coincidence. It is clear he is causing some issues. I honestly think that he thinks he is bigger than the club and should be gotten rid of.

I have been watching All or Nothing and I can see similarities to the Aubameyang situation, as soon as Arteta got rid, things changed.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Hardly news that he's a bad influence on our dressing room but who even wants him for us to be able to get rid?

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Apparently the Glazers are reluctant to let him go because he still brings big marketing value to the club, it was mentioned in United Hour podcast. If true, that certainly seems like another obstacle to running a club the healthy way.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
I see loads of people like Mark Goldbridge completely backing Ronaldo as if he is some saint.

Lets look at facts.

1. Under Ole, we finished 2nd and had a good team spirit, Ronaldo signs, we lose games and the dressing room is a disaster
2. Ralf comes in and its still a disaster, he is dropped for City game and he decides to go to Portugal.
3. Pre season Ronaldo doesn't turn up, great atmosphere in the squad and team pressing.

This can't be a coincidence. It is clear he is causing some issues. I honestly think that he thinks he is bigger than the club and should be gotten rid of.

I have been watching All or Nothing and I can see similarities to the Aubameyang situation, as soon as Arteta got rid, things changed.
Hes got more money than the club, he could probably fund our transfer window and bring in a full new team of stars, charity starts at home dont they say.

romufc

Hes got more money than the club, he could probably fund our transfer window and bring in a full new team of stars, charity starts at home dont they say.
More reasons to get rid of him. I dont know why anyone can't see the correlation between him signing and us looking shit

On top of that, him coming back this season and us looking shit.

2 seasons, 2 similarities.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Apparently the Glazers are reluctant to let him go because he still brings big marketing value to the club, it was mentioned in United Hour podcast. If true, that certainly seems like another obstacle to running a club the healthy way.
The fact we signed him because twitterdom went into meltdown tells you everything about how healthy the running of this club is.

Mainoldo

Hands up if you are shocked CR7 would come back after pre season and be a bad influence?

Obviously the club. :lol: These guys are so stupid. Lord help us.

foolsgold

The clubs thinking on Ronaldo only matters if there's somewhere willing to take him that's acceptable to his ego and his wages.

Right now I don't see a taker. What we have here is a mismatch between his opinion of himself and the markets.

I think we're stuck sadly. When there was talk of him going to city last year I said they were welcome to him.

The Urban Goose

Lets look at facts.

Indeed. Feck him. Give him a loan deal, anything to get rid.

Mainoldo

The fact we signed him because twitterdom went into meltdown tells you everything about how healthy the running of this club is.
Did the Glazers phone the club and tell us to sign him or was it the f up that is our board and club structure?

SuperiorXI

I can't wait to hear the actual facts of this rather than leaks and rumours. I find it hard to believe that Ronaldo would be acting like this, by all accounts he's supposed to be only interested in winning, and creating a toxic atmosphere does not lead to that.

In any case, I still believe there are a number of causes to our situation, it cannot simply be one single player causing all the issues.

Rolaholic

I can't wait to hear the actual facts of this rather than leaks and rumours. I find it hard to believe that Ronaldo would be acting like this, by all accounts he's supposed to be only interested in winning, and creating a toxic atmosphere does not lead to that.

In any case, I still believe there are a number of causes to our situation, it cannot simply be one single player causing all the issues.
Doubt BBC would do their own reporting on it if it were simply unverified rumors tbf

Infra-red

If true, there's no way they'll sanction his departure. If we're stuck with him, we need to find a way to get it to work.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Did the Glazers phone the club and tell us to sign him or was it the f up that is our board and club structure?
It’s tough to know isn’t it? I think people at the club felt letting him go to City weeks after fans stormed old Trafford would be a very bad idea. It was given as the main reason at the time. No ESL bullshit no Ronaldo. He definitely wasn’t signed by the football people - Mitten has said none of them had a clue he was coming. Ole was sentimental enough to want him though imo.

DavelinaJolie

It's easy to say "by all accounts he's supposed to be only interested in winning", but I doubt anyone in the world has a sole single motivation in life, aside from narcissists. It's easy to look at him and things he has said and done over the years and conclude that he's very interested in getting his own way.

Whatever it is, we won't ever really know "the facts" because there'll be two sides to the story, then it'll just be the two sides picking what suits their view.

That's why it's not worth worrying or arguing about anymore.

Mainoldo

It’s tough to know isn’t it? I think people at the club felt letting him go to City weeks after fans stormed old Trafford would be a very bad idea. It was given as the main reason at the time. No ESL bullshit no Ronaldo. He definitely wasn’t signed by the football people - Mitten has said none of them had a clue he was coming. Ole was sentimental enough to want him though imo.
So a conundrum of f ups. The manager for not being strong enough to say no and request a midfielder and the board for again believing they know what’s best for the club after loads of past mistakes.

We seen it again with the whole board room turning up for when Ronaldo came back. ETH needs to get some authority with this team and starting 11. Fast. He can’t look above him for help. They don’t have a clue.

Gurtej

He goes and I am sure we won’t replace him given the fire situation of our recruitment team!!

I don’t mind him leaving, I think he should for his own and club sake but I am also prepared for us to end up between 7-10th place!!

I think few years of pain with right coach and recruitment strategy is the right plan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.