Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Some people need to take a break from the thread.

I've seen one guy try and equate Ronaldo with Pogba!
And another guy suggest selling James is why our season went to pot.

Plain daft stuff.

Glorio

I completely understand Ronaldo's position. However, considering a "happy" Ronaldo doesn't seem to have the most harmonious effect on any dressing room these days, I can't imagine the kind of toxicity an unhappy one would cause - please get rid.

I can't believe the club didn't envisage this happening though, surely there must have been a secondary (or even primary) plan for a striker?

It's just difficult to think of Ronaldo content enough running around the Europa league and unleashing 'Siuuu's all over the place

Zippycup

Thank God your limit has been reached. Stop trolling.
Trolling? I make a joke in regards to your ridiculous made up survey that 95% of Manchester United fans were delighted that Ronaldo joined the club last summer. Show me the proof of that?
It’s an outlandish statement that deserved to be mocked. I can assure you many fans were not happy about his return. Many fans still haven’t forgiven him for the way he left in 09, nor for the way he has treated the club since. Yes they may still respect him as a player and for what he has achieved at the club, but not so much for the brand that is Ronaldo.

If you want to defend him and his cowardice stance in regards to leaving the club for nothing more than the protection of his brand, please, go ahead. Some will agree while others won’t, but please don’t come out with nonsense like 95% were delighted about his return. Id imagine a large % were delighted that he never went to city.
If you’re basing this “survey” on the opinion of Redcafe then you really do need to look further a-field. While Redcafe does seem like a fantastic place to debate all things Manchester United, it in no way is the vocal point for Manchester United fans.

You really don’t know how statistics work, do you?
Wait. You used a statistical survey to prove that 95% of fans were delighted that Ronaldo returned to the club. Honestly. Your dedication to this is remarkable.

Reactions: moses

Mmm-Qatarian

I don't begrudge Ronaldo wanting to leave us. Realistically, he hasn't got much longer at the top so if he thinks he can get a move to a club that will offer a chance to compete for domestic and possibly continental in the near future then it makes sense for him to take it.

I just rue the fact that we ever decided to bring him back in the first place. A load of people talk about how we'd have been relegated without him but on the few occasions we got to see United with him not in the side (e.g. first-half against Everton at home), I don't think we were any worse off. We've essentially spent about 35 million quid (minus any money we might get for him if we do decide to sell) for one year of a guy who, whilst he's scored a lot, has not actually improved the side at all (in fact, it got considerably worse when he joined), has reportedly contributed to destabilising the dressing room, and has now asked to leave after one season.

In my eyes, if he wants to go we shouldn't stand in his way. In the long-run, I think it'll be a huge benefit to us.

Bobade

oh that’ll work, boot out the only winner at the club and let footballs answer to the top boy cast lead the line for a season, bravo
What on earth is that Top Boy comment meant to mean?

romufc

Ronaldo can leave if he wants but lets be realistic, he isn't going to City, Liverpool or Real Madrid, so even if he plays CL the chances of him winning it are slim.

Again, unless he moves to Bayern or PSG, the likelihood of him winning a league are slim too.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I don’t want to party poop your spat with the other poster, but I actually think James was sorely missed. Elanga is clearly superior in some respects, but James’ tireless work off the ball and willingness to track back has yet to be replaced.
I respect that opinion, same as people thinking Ronaldo is a bad influence, but justifying either with the position on the league table is nonsense with the amount of changes between the two seasons.

GarrinchaNZ

Muchos respect him for all he has done...
Team will be better off without him...ET will probably be going, "Phew"
Get someone in who has the legs for ET's uber intense play system!
It's a win win!

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
This was only ever a short term vanity project anyway, so I can't begrudge him wanting to leave for a club that's more likely to win silverware next season and provide CL football.
Wouldn't it be ironic if United went on to win the Europa though...

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
We need to let him go. I was thinking about it and I actually think we might get a big fee for him for the following reasons:

1. He's the one seemingly desperate to leave whereas we're happy to keep him
2. You know there'll be clubs out there who'd do anything to see Ronaldo in their shirt, particularly club owners.
3. It doesn't matter that his contract expires in 12 months. He's 37, no club will feel they can sit back and wait a year. Time is ticking.

Let him go.

Revaulx

So professional, loves the club. Viva Ronaldo or something.
Or maybe the club has told him that he needn’t rush back?

It’s not unlikely that the club is as keen for him to leave as he seems to be. Maybe his PR people are in cahoots with United’s.

EtH

He’s such a man child. Can’t wait to see the back of him. Not remotely worth the circus at this point in his career.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Or maybe the club has told him that he needn’t rush back?

It’s not unlikely that the club is as keen for him to leave as he seems to be. Maybe his PR people are in cahoots with United’s.
Yeah, likely story.

Don't rush back for a proper pre season with your new coach Ronaldo!.

no doubt he will have more family issues when he can't make the tour either.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Kudos to Ronaldo for having the guts to push the club and owners to start making the interminable transfers.
Let's wait and see.

Brophs

The One and Only

Any word on how the club feel about it?

Woodzy

Sounds to me like we've just briefed the media to avoid the 'omg Ronaldo hasn't turned up to training' circus that would inevitbly come later on.

Revaulx

Yeah, likely story.

Don't rush back for a proper pre season with your new coach Ronaldo!.

no doubt he will have more family issues when he can't make the tour either.
What if ETH would rather he wasn’t on the tour, and the club is backing him?

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Whether he stays or goes I wouldn't worry about him downing tools, love him or hate him he is always a professional on the pitch.

crossy1686

career ending
He’s such a man child. Can’t wait to see the back of him. Not remotely worth the circus at this point in his career.
Ronaldo is Ronaldo, no matter what he says or does there will always be some sort of drama attached to it.

Reading the quotes for the reason he wants to leave, it says something along the lines of the club not showing enough ambition to currently match where he's at in life, which is pretty much what we've all been saying about the club for a while now. It all sounds a bit Rooney circa 2010 if you ask me.

Either way, if he leaves we probably sign a striker, maybe this Antony lad. If he doesn't leave maybe it forces our hand in the transfer market to sign more players than we initially planned to keep him happy and "show ambition". However, if this is all about CL football then we're fecked. He could be worried about Messi winning a CL next year while he watches on from an Azerbaijani hotel room after our EL game.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Reading the quotes for the reason he wants to leave, it says something along the lines of the club not showing enough ambition to currently match where he's at in life, which is pretty much what we've all been saying about the club for a while now.
Come on now. It’s a convenient excuse. Ronaldo’s wanted out since he came back and he’s trying to do it best he can to save face.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Whether he stays or goes I wouldn't worry about him downing tools, love him or hate him he is always a professional on the pitch.
A consummate professional who’s not showing up for preseason? Who took an unauthorised trip the Portugal to one time his manager told him he wouldn’t be playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.