Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wing Attack Plan R

No, sorry. That’s all wrong. He’s an absolutely toxic shit house. As I’ve said before in this thread, I have a whole bunch of inside info on this, and it is absolutely shocking how awful he is for the dressing room. He’s a fecking disaster, and bringing him back was the worst transfer we’ve made in recent memory. Even worse than renting Pogba for 89m for 6 seasons, plus wages.
Is Ronaldo a “toxic shithouse”, really? There were dressing room divisions along the lines of who should be captain, meaning, a bunch of people including Ronaldo thought Maguire should not be captain. Half the Caf also thinks Maguire should not be captain. Ronaldo is a peacock but he’s not a shirker. I’m guessing he demanded more effort and quality from his teammates than they could deliver.
That said, Ronaldo should be Plan B coming off the bench. He can’t fit the ETH system and playing everything through him isn’t how the system is designed to work. Impact sub or feck off to China.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Is Ronaldo a “toxic shithouse”, really? There were dressing room divisions along the lines of who should be captain, meaning, a bunch of people including Ronaldo thought Maguire should not be captain. Half the Caf also thinks Maguire should not be captain. Ronaldo is a peacock but he’s not a shirker. I’m guessing he demanded more effort and quality from his teammates than they could deliver.
That said, Ronaldo should be Plan B coming off the bench. He can’t fit the ETH system and playing everything through him isn’t how the system is designed to work. Impact sub or feck off to China.
It’s worth noting there’s been dressing room divisions at every club Ronaldo’s been at since he left us. He’s never the unifier.

Phil Osophy

If Ronaldo stays I'd start him in all the Europa League games against unknown teams from the east. Seeing his face with the EL anthem in the background would be glorious. I'd keep him just for this reason alone.

Pearl.Jam

So the narcissist is staying, he was obviously spending all those weeks in Portugal when he should have been actually doing what he’s paid to do waiting on us to buy a player or two..not the fact that no decent or even half decent club wouldn’t fvcking go anywhere near him…if he comes out with ‘love United ‘ blah blah I’m going to fvcking hurl

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I'm not sure we can move on from this distraught period we've had with him in the building.

That isn't to suggest he's the reason for the dire form we've been in for ages now, I just as long as he's here then a real revolution will kind of be on hold.

GreatDane

I really hope all the noise about signing Antony AND Gakpo means Ronaldo is leaving.

scottser

china? this isn't 2016 anymore buddy.. china is skint..

MegadrivePerson

Bet he feels like a bit of a daft cnut. Rejected by a dozen or so clubs around Europe. He probably thought he'd be spoiled for choice
If Ronaldo has any sense now he will buckle down here and work hard under the new manager. This should be a wake up call for him that he's not the great player he once was.

Hopefully it works in our favour and he uses this season to try and prove himself again.

Reyoji-Utd

I like him for what he did with us before but for what it worth, we should part with him and start fresh with EtH. He is not fit what EtH system and the club will riddle with all the drama of if we going to bench him or not? Changing system just to fit him in and waste another season...etc. Simply too much and wasting time. Not worth it.

redshaw

It will be tough for him if Messi does well this year and it's looking likely.

bakalhau

Should we attribute "Professional CR7 PR guy" tag to MrEleson? Seems like the torch has been picked up from Peyroteo :lol: Not a dig to you, I'm on your side to be honest.

Anyone read the Casemiro words about Ronaldo? Some people might be shocked the dude would want to play with Ronaldo, and some people might even be shocked Casemiro still considers him "incredible". We keep focusing on the darn twitter account instead of talking about what Casemiro had to say, which is way more important than discussing a random twitter dude.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
*transfer window closes in 2 weeks*

CR: 'I tell you in two weeks the truth'...

2 weeks passes and transfer window closes...

CR after JM can't find a club: 'I love Man United, this is my home. We go back to top'...

or

CR after JM finds him a club: 'It was my time to try a new challenge at the top level blah blah blah'

It's all just too predictable. Nobody wants him and he therefore can't force his move away, yet we've got posters buying every bit of spin they can find :lol: Cringeworthy. Have a bit of pride.

pocco

loco
Should we attribute "Professional CR7 PR guy" tag to MrEleson? Seems like the torch has been picked up from Peyroteo :lol: Not a dig to you, I'm on your side to be honest.

Anyone read the Casemiro words about Ronaldo? Some people might be shocked the dude would want to play with Ronaldo, and some people might even be shocked Casemiro still considers him "incredible". We keep focusing on the darn twitter account instead of talking about what Casemiro had to say, which is way more important than discussing a random twitter dude.
With all due respect, Casemiro is not a Manchester United supporter, nor does he yet have any sort of bond with the club. He is talking from experience playing with a great player. He probably doesn't care that Ronaldo wants out, but that is for two reasons...1) He only knows Ronaldo as a great player that scored and won loads for Madrid, and 2) like I said, he has no reason to be annoyed at Ronaldo for wanting out because he doesn't look at this from our POV right now.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
No, sorry. That’s all wrong. He’s an absolutely toxic shit house. As I’ve said before in this thread, I have a whole bunch of inside info on this, and it is absolutely shocking how awful he is for the dressing room. He’s a fecking disaster, and bringing him back was the worst transfer we’ve made in recent memory. Even worse than renting Pogba for 89m for 6 seasons, plus wages.
:lol:

bakalhau

With all due respect, Casemiro is not a Manchester United supporter, nor does he yet have any sort of bond with the club. He is talking from experience playing with a great player. He probably doesn't care that Ronaldo wants out, but that is for two reasons...1) He only knows Ronaldo as a great player that scored and won loads for Madrid, and 2) like I said, he has no reason to be annoyed at Ronaldo for wanting out because he doesn't look at this from our POV right now.
I'm not disputing that point in particular, and I agree 100% with you that Casemiro's thoughts =/= how many United supporters feel. It just seems that whenever there's a rumour, a leak, doesn't matter the source, as long as it's negative on Ronaldo, people jump in ready to pound him. But when something comes out directly from a source, and is positive on him, people just seemingly ignore it (hence me asking if anyone read what he had to say).

pocco

loco
I'm not disputing that point in particular, and I agree 100% with you that Casemiro's thoughts =/= how many United supporters feel. It just seems that whenever there's a rumour, a leak, doesn't matter the source, as long as it's negative on Ronaldo, people jump in ready to pound him. But when something comes out directly from a source, and is positive on him, people just seemingly ignore it (hence me asking if anyone read what he had to say).
That's not true though. I, and probably many other United supporters, completely understood when he first wanted to leave for Real Madrid. He was an unbelievably good player then, so it was worse for us, but not many held a grudge.

There was no noise around him this summer until his desire to leave came out. I think until that point the general consensus was actually 'f*ck the rest of the players, they need to get on Ronaldo's level and have some pride and will to win' sort of thing. But there was clearly something going on this summer, and I don't blame anybody for getting the daggers out because of the timing and the position that we find ourselves in.

Status
Not open for further replies.