Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Sanchez now apparently on 560k a week, and Ronaldo on way more. :lol:

The press never change do they.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ah, we're at the stage of a United transfer where the wages keep increasing every time they're mentioned as the media add more and more conditional factors into the value, as well as having a couple of dodgy conversions of currency
Yep. General rule is take the maximum possible amount based on signing on fees, sponsorships, hitting every single possible bonus and trophy.
Then stroll from Euros to Pounds, add a bit, and there we have it.

stw2022

When the press reported the Lukaku fee we paid they added up his entire projected earnings and maximum bonuses throughout the entire duration of the contract, added a zero and reported it as part of the up front transfer fee

Highfather_24

Although on paper we are a 4-2-3-1 where Ronaldo will simply play up top, with Greenwood/Sancho, Bruno and Pogba/Rashford behind him, on the ball I can see us lining up like this :

---------------Matic
-----------Fred---Pogba
Sancho--Bruno--Ronaldo

With Bruno as the false #9, and Ronaldo making runs from the left. Pogba drifting wide to the left, and Sancho to the right, with Bruno and Ronaldo up top. Ofcourse we can also bring in Rashford for Ronaldo or even Cavani off the bench, nvm Greenwood for Sancho.

We have an terrific attack :drool:

SAFMUTD

Funny how when he was supposed to sign with City the numbers were around 215K, but now of course its us so the reported numbers are around 600K.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
He's having his medical in Lisbon and staying there to join up with the Portugal team next week. We won't see him in Manchester until after the international break.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
I was in a petrol station just outside merthyr Tydfil, my Mrs had ducked in to get some coffee and I checked my phone to see this news appear! She came running back out in a panic because I was just hammering the horn and screaming at the top of my voice :lol:
I've been talking about it all day today, and still cant stop grinning. It feels so good, like the negativity of the post saf years have gone, clouds cleared and a beautiful ray of sunshine has shone down on us. I actually feel emotional, with the excitement building between now and the Newcastle game, by the time it rolls around the atmosphere will be like nothing we have seem in almost a decade, welcome mack you beautiful moody magnificent wonderful Portuguese god, welcome home

Arth_

I call bullshit on that Ducker's article. I mean, if he can't even get Sanchez' wages right, which were made public by Football Leaks (£391k base wage + £75k starting bonus), how can you trust him with the rest of the mentioned figures?

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Shaw, Pogba and Bruno serving Cristiano Will be pretty tasty to watch i reckon.

Edit: Forgot Sancho :lol: God Damn, some team we have now.

Last edited:

Wing Attack Plan R

Listen, I was totally done with that girl. I never really loved her anyway. And you know what? She really wasn't all that hot to begin with. I don't care if she's going to Man City, because... Wait. What? She's what? YES! YES! SHE'S BACK! SHE LOVES ME! MY BROKEN HEART IS MENDED!!

Duncan the Great

Hope his work ethic and dedication rubs of on the young guys. They should improve just by training with and being around him, fantastic deal that could prove as influential as signing Eric and we all know what that initiated.

Reactions: Penna

Dahmmy

so many people nitpicking in this thread about Ronaldos impact etc etc

in RM and Juventus- he carried the burden of the one carrying the team...he was expected to deliver every match
At united, its not like that.. he has players around him that will shoulder that.
hes like the bonus ball..

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
in RM and Juventus- he carried the burden of the one carrying the team...he was expected to deliver every match
Yup, he could be having a good game in terms of creating chances, setting himself or others for a goal but if for some reason he wasn't able to score the consensus would be that he had a bad game. It didn't matter if the rest of the team didn't step up to win us a game the blame would be his. In that aspect his determination and mentality is the very best you could ask for.

Also even if he plays more like a striker he's still a very direct player and handful at other things, aside from goals so it shouldn't be hard to acomodate him.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Yup, he could be having a good game in terms of creating chances, setting himself or others for a goal but if for some reason he wasn't able to score the consensus would be that he had a bad game. It didn't matter if the rest of the team didn't step up to win us a game the blame would be his. In that aspect his determination and mentality is the very best you could ask for.

Also even if he plays more like a striker he's still a very direct player and handful at other things, aside from goals so it shouldn't be hard to acomodate him.
Well Juventus are not exactly doing great without him. Just lost 0-1 at home to Empoli.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
We just had to sign him before the international break. Can’t wait to see him play.

MyBloodIsRed

I get you don’t want to take a number off somebody. And Cavani has worked his butt off for the badge. But there’s just something wrong about not having ronaldo and seven on a shirt. Hope it gets sorted and everybody is happy. I’m sure Ronaldo 28 shirts with so I’ll just finI get you don’t want to take a number off somebody. And Cavani has worked his butt off for the badge. But there’s just something wrong about not having ronaldo and seven on a shirt. Hope it gets sorted and everybody is happy. I’m sure Ronaldo 28 shirts will sell just fine but not the same feel….

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I get you don’t want to take a number off somebody. And Cavani has worked his butt off for the badge. But there’s just something wrong about not having ronaldo and seven on a shirt. Hope it gets sorted and everybody is happy. I’m sure Ronaldo 28 shirts with so I’ll just finI get you don’t want to take a number off somebody. And Cavani has worked his butt off for the badge. But there’s just something wrong about not having ronaldo and seven on a shirt. Hope it gets sorted and everybody is happy. I’m sure Ronaldo 28 shirts will sell just fine but not the same feel….
What's 28? Has anything been said that he's having 28?!

SirAF

Ageist
Doesn’t have anything to do with that, the potential hitch is the PL rules for changing numbers at this stage. If that can be bypassed the 7 will leave Cavani ASAP.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Why is no-one worried about him being 36? Isn't he too old now? What am I missing? Yes I know he looks after himself but that won't stop him getting slower.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
What did Messi to PSG get? :)
In all honesty Ronaldo is a “bigger” player and a more marketable player than Messi without a doubt. I am not talking about who the better play on the pitch is - that’s debatable. But marketing wise it’s not even a question.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Why is no-one worried about him being 36? Isn't he too old now? What am I missing? Yes I know he looks after himself but that won't stop him getting slower.
Because he's already signed? What can we do now by worrying?

SirAF

Ageist
101 goals in three seasons at Juventus.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
He was top scorer in Serie A last year at the age of 36. He scored 29 league goals and 36 overall. He outscored Lukaku who went for £97m and only scored 24 in the league.

Top players like Ronaldo and even LeBron in the NBA know how to manage and adapt their game as they get older. That’s why they are still the best at what they do. Just cause they aren’t as explosive as they were 6-7 years ago doesn’t mean they aren’t good. There isn’t one team that thinks going up against Lebron is easy just cause he is old. He can still rip apart any team if he wants to. Same with Ronaldo. And mind you Ronaldo has a better supporting cast around him than Lebron does at the Lakers.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
He was top scorer in La Liga last year at the age of 36. He scored 29 league goals and 36 overall. He outscored Lukaku who went for £97m and only scored 24 in the league.

Top players like Ronaldo and even LeBron in the NBA know how to manage and adapt their game as they get older. That’s why they are still the best at what they do. Just cause they aren’t as explosive as they were 6-7 years ago doesn’t mean they aren’t good. There isn’t one team that thinks going up against Lebron is easy just cause he is old. He can still rip apart any team if he wants to. Same with Ronaldo. And mind you Ronaldo has a better supporting cast around him than Lebron does at the Lakers.
He wasn't ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.