Cristiano Ronaldo - Man Utd Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inter Yer Nan

And yet some people rate him like he's only ever scored goals and nothing else. For some 6-8 years he did it all on a football pitch.
Yeah, I’m always hearing how he’s only a goals guy and the detriment to all of his teams. Unbelievable how biased fans can be really. Ronaldo is one of the greatest and most complete attacking players the game as ever seen.

croadyman

Thought I would feel absolutely ecstatic IF Ronny ever came back but it's tinged with concern he won't get enough service from that very poor looking midfield with no CDM but window is closed now so just hope he can pull up the others levels around him

Le Red

Why do people pretend that Ronaldo is attractive. Gay men seem to fawn over him, but he’s a fcuking weird looking dude
He was quite a pretty fella in his 20s but he seems to have done something to stretch his face and that's what gives him the weird look you refer too imo.

Will Singh

Was down the pub and was talking about that last line on Ronaldo’s post PS - Sir Alex, this one is for you…
Emotions were high and we’ve agreed if we win the PL with him we are getting it tattooed. What a fecking signing we’ve made!!!!

Goku1983

Thought I would feel absolutely ecstatic IF Ronny ever came back but it's tinged with concern he won't get enough service from that very poor looking midfield with no CDM but window is closed now so just hope he can pull up the others levels around him
That is literally my only concern about it he can create himself but not every game I hope we find a way to get him service

croadyman

Was down the pub and was talking about that last line on Ronaldo’s post PS - Sir Alex, this one is for you…
Emotions were high and we’ve agreed if we win the PL with him we are getting it tattooed. What a fecking signing we’ve made!!!!
Like I said in another thread for that to happen he's gotta really pull up the levels of those around him, a little bit like we have seen in the past at Leicester with Kante & Mahrez and the scousers with Alisson & Van Dijk.

Last edited:

Will Singh

Like I said in the Ronny thread for that to happen he's gotta really pull up the levels of those around him, a little bit like we have seen in the past at Leicester with Kante & Mahrez and the scousers with Alisson & Van Dijk.
He’s gave us he’s word that history will be written again. The rest of the team give us an extra 10% because of him and he will demand it then we hopefully win a cup this season. Next season we need to sort the midfield out and if we make the right signings we can win it!!!!

croadyman

He’s gave us he’s word that history will be written again. The rest of the team give us an extra 10% because of him and he will demand it then we hopefully win a cup this season. Next season we need to sort the midfield out and if we make the right signings we can win it!!!!
So if I give you a straight choice now next summer of IF Pogba leaves

CDM & playmaking CM or CDM & Haaland which one would you choose?

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Love this video. No shit music, filters or 30 replays per clip.
Its baffling to remember how silky smooth he was with his dribling an aspect of his game that he seems to completely have shafted as every game of his that I saw in juve jersey he seemed more content to pass it backwards then to take on the defender

But my my if thats not mesmerizing to watch i don't know what is

croadyman

Its baffling to remember how silky smooth he was with his dribling an aspect of his game that he seems to completely have shafted as every game of his that I saw in juve jersey he seemed more content to pass it backwards then to take on the defender

But my my if thats not mesmerizing to watch i don't know what is
Jadon when he's fully up to speed and Marcus FINALLY 100% fit will be able to take on players and he can get on the end

cletus7

I'd say trust your brain but it seems you'd be buggered if I did.
My brain tells me you didn’t answer the question. Let’s revisit this conversation in 9 months when I’ll hopefully be eating humble pie.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Jadon when he's fully up to speed and Marcus FINALLY 100% fit will be able to take on players and he can get on the end
Oh I've got no doubt about as he may be the world's best poacher right now with so much more on top but its hard to not miss this version of ronny

Kearnkoff69

The most entertaining version of Ronaldo.
Totally agree - been saying for years that United-era Ronaldo was subjectively the best to watch. He became an absolute terminator goal scorer in Madrid, but to do so he de-emphasized the dribbling and playmaking that led to so many of those moments that make you gasp and leave your jaw on the floor.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
What’s the media’s obsession with Cristiano being unable to handle Van Dijk

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'm not sure what it is, but he looks like he's had so much work done since he first left us. Not a fan.

noelyman

Judging by some of the comments about Ronaldo's appearance in here, some of you lot must look like gods and goddesses by comparison :lol:. Perhaps it should be mandatory to include a selfie with every negative comment about appearance. I thought we were signing him for his football.

noelyman

What’s the media’s obsession with Cristiano being unable to handle Van Dijk
I'm pretty sure that was started by Souness "“He won't be the difference in the big games against the better defenders, imagine him against Van Dijk!"

and the rest of the 'journo's' have just ran with it. It will make it all the more sweet seeing Ronaldo put Van Dijk on his a** when he plays against him.

NewYorkRed

If/when Jadon finds his feet here, think Ronaldo will love playing with him. He will absolutely feast on the service he gets from him and Pogba (the balls he played last game, Ronaldo will always make the right runs for them)

Last edited:

Valencia Shin Crosses

Nice overall thread

Just check his stats vs those other top strikers. If we had signed Lewa on a 2 yr deal for that fee people would be creaming themselves saying we'll win the league. Or all I had to hear last year is if we had Kane he'd transform us. Well we're getting a guy just as good as Lewa (and better than Kane at everything besides passing) who also happens to be the one of the best big game players of all time alongside Messi to help in those late stage tournaments.

I understand that we need a top DM to really complete the squad, but it's like people are more hesitant because "It's Ronaldo" as opposed to if someone just blindly was asked if they would be happy the club signed a top striker in football and world class player even after Sancho/Varane. Bizarre really.

Eddy_JukeZ

Just check his stats vs those other top strikers. If we had signed Lewa on a 2 yr deal for that fee people would be creaming themselves saying we'll win the league. Or all I had to hear last year is if we had Kane he'd transform us. Well we're getting a guy just as good as Lewa (and better than Kane at everything besides passing) who also happens to be the one of the best big game players of all time alongside Messi to help in those late stage tournaments.

I understand that we need a top DM to really complete the squad, but it's like people are more hesitant because "It's Ronaldo" as opposed to if someone just blindly was asked if they would be happy the club signed a top striker in football and world class player even after Sancho/Varane. Bizarre really.
Pretty much.

Just read back the Neville: Varane, Sancho, Kane thread.

Everyone thought all 3 would be impossible. We ended up getting Varane, Sancho and then Ronaldo instead of Kane. We had an incredible window.

A failure to challenge this season would be horrific.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The way the media talks about Van Dijk and Harry Kane you'd think it was Baresi and fecking R9 trotting out every week. I've never seen another two players so beloved by the general press.
Absolutely. Even at his best he got twatted 3-1/4-1 or something by Barcelona. People really go overboard with VVD. I'd fancy a front three of Rahsford, Sancho and Ronaldo against Liverpool's backline.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Nice overall thread

Exactly. It’s true that he is more superior and all rounded than all other no.9 on today’s game. The criticism he got are mostly from Messi fans for his lack of dribbling/playmaking as compared to Messi. But overall he is still at elite level, especially when compared to all other top no.9 around.

I could also imagine he would interchange with Rashford on left wing alot, and also encourage Greenwood to cut in from the right, or Bruno to make forward runs when he start build up from the left wing.

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Pretty much.

Just read back the Neville: Varane, Sancho, Kane thread.

Everyone thought all 3 would be impossible. We ended up getting Varane, Sancho and then Ronaldo instead of Kane. We had an incredible window.

A failure to challenge this season would be horrific.
Absolutely. Like you said in the other thread, there's no reason why some tactical tweaks Can't improve the supply to the brilliant forward line. Fred is panicky and inconsistent for example but he does play for Brazil and they play pretty good football - see Neymar goal record for them.

amolbhatia50k

Ronaldo may be 36 but the likes of him , Ibra, Messi and Lewandowski operate at a very high level at 32/33 plus. Get them doing what they do well and set up the team right and they can deliver more than enough. Chelsea won the league spearheaded by an excellent Diego Costa and Eden Hazard. Our forward line is potentially better than that one.

Mr Smith

Ah apologies I’ll have a look now!

To be honestly it’s purely down to the fact that I don’t think we’ll create as many chances for him as Juve did, his conversion rate will no doubt stay the same though! Closer to 20 goals which I’ll be more than happy with, but I don’t think he’ll match his Juve numbers, down to our own limitations.
We'll create more chances for him than Juve, they were completely dysfuctional last season.

TsuWave

My favorite Ronaldo goal -

There may of been more important goals, or even better, but the distance, the fact it was Champs League semi's, and Tydsleys classic 'Too far for Ronaldo to think about it....huuuuh!'. :lol:
Just classic. :D
That has to be the most beautiful United shirt ever. It’s up there for me.

ash_86

Ronaldo may be 36 but the likes of him , Ibra, Messi and Lewandowski operate at a very high level at 32/33 plus. Get them doing what they do well and set up the team right and they can deliver more than enough. Chelsea won the league spearheaded by an excellent Diego Costa and Eden Hazard. Our forward line is potentially better than that one.
True and also i feel that Ronaldo will bring the winning mentality to this squad. We seem to reach final/semi final and kind of stall there. Ronaldo would be of great help here in calming down our team and guiding them through the final.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

To be honestly it’s purely down to the fact that I don’t think we’ll create as many chances for him as Juve did, his conversion rate will no doubt stay the same though! Closer to 20 goals which I’ll be more than happy with, but I don’t think he’ll match his Juve numbers, down to our own limitations.
Have you watched Juventus game last season? Of course we will create more chances for him at United, Juventus is far more defensive than us with dysfunctional team. He still manage to score 43 goals at Juventus/Portugal last season.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)

We are a better team than Juve or atleast our attack is.

Status
Not open for further replies.