Cristiano Ronaldo - Man Utd Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
We’re in 6 competitions mate, that’s 300 goals total. Not realistic for a 36 year old at all and some of the competitions have a maximum of 8-10 games so that’s an average of above 5 goals per match for those competitions.

People really need to take their expectations or they’re going to be bitterly disappointed.
Think 25-30 is a good expectation.

Chairman Steve

At very worst I can see him racking up 20 goals in all competitions. Personally I think he’ll finish around the 30 mark providing there are no injuries (fecking touch all the wood in the world saying that).

I think he’s starting every match unless it’s some early round League Cup tie, a minnow FA Cup tie or a dead rubber CL game. I think he’s guaranteed to start every league match if he’s fit.

Blood Mage

If he scores 20 goals this season he'll have done well. Can't expect much more from a 36 year old in the world's toughest league.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
If he scores 20 goals this season he'll have done well. Can't expect much more from a 36 year old in the world's toughest league.
20 goals in the Premier League or 20 goals in all competitions? Cos Ronaldo will score far more than 20 goals this season. I think 40 goals is a reasonable expectation across all competitions.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Judging by some of the comments about Ronaldo's appearance in here, some of you lot must look like gods and goddesses by comparison :lol:. Perhaps it should be mandatory to include a selfie with every negative comment about appearance. I thought we were signing him for his football.

RoNaLdo’s UgLy

Infra-red

Should score plenty of goals. The question is, will he make us a better team. Should be an interesting season.

Highfather_24

In terms of how many goal involvements I would consider a good season considering he plays around 40-45 matches :

Less than 20 : Flop/Disappointment
20 to 30 : Good
30 to 40 : Excellent
40+ : Elite

romufc

He is going to attract so many players towards him, hopefully other players who are very talented get space and time on the ball. I can see him linking up with Bruno really well though.

Becks-7-

Supports
United & Eintracht Frankfurt
Hopefully such statements will arrive him - going to push him even more.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Somebody pissed in Trevor Sinclair's coffee this morning...
This coming from a guy who hasn’t done shit in his career. People don’t understand Ronaldo is a freak of nature. Giggs started for us in a Champions League QF against Real Madrid when he was 39. You don’t do that if you’re aren’t in peak condition. Same with Ronaldo.

Last edited:

big rons sovereign

This coming from a guy who hasn’t shit in his career. People don’t understand Ronaldo is a freak of nature. Giggs started for us in a Champions League QF against Real Madrid when he was 39. You don’t do that if you’re aren’t in peak condition. Same with Ronaldo.
Now now, he scored that overhead kick for QPR.

mav_9me

Not sure if anyone has seen this. Apologies if posted previously

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
In terms of how many goal involvements I would consider a good season considering he plays around 40-45 matches :

Less than 20 : Flop/Disappointment
20 to 30 : Good
30 to 40 : Excellent
40+ : Elite
No chance he gets less than 20 goal involvements.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Not sure if anyone has seen this. Apologies if posted previously

If every wedding is like this I'd attend them all. No love music from the 90's "oooo me love you so much". BORING.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
I swear our fans are some of the most negative fans I've come across. For such a successful team we have the most negative fans. Ronaldo is 30 goals guaranteed a season and yet because he's suddenly at United, he'll do well to score 20 goals or he's past it. If he joined any of our rivals, you'd be predicting 40 a season for him there. Some asking who will create chances for him are forgetting how many goals we scored last season.

Judas

Open to offers
To be fair I'm keeping expectations low, but anything less than 20 league goals would be disappointing. Should easily be getting 30 across all competitions.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I was euphoric on Friday like all United fans but a few days later now and I’m full of questions.

How do we accommodate Rashford, Pogba, Greenwood, Sancho and Bruno in our lineup? I know it’s a squad game but these guys are all superstars.

Are we really leaving Cavani warming the bench?

Is Ole strong enough to bench Ronaldo if he doesn’t deliver?

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Somebody pissed in Trevor Sinclair's coffee this morning...
does he not realise Ronaldo played more minutes than all our Midfielders and Attackers last season, bar 2 (Rashford & Bruno)?

Maguire, Lindelof & AWB played more, but lets be honest they had to when we had the backups that we did. He will easily play 40+ games if he stays injury free.

Status
Not open for further replies.