Cristiano Ronaldo - Man Utd Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

SATA

Looking at some of the posts here, i can finally see why Ronaldo’s instagram has 338M followers. That’s absolutely insane

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
This thread has already gone to the dogs

If he does well

“greatest player of all time, absolutely no doubt about it. Not up for debate anymore”

if he doesn’t

“greatest player of all time who took a huge risk coming here but everyone else let him down”

:lol:

Mr Smith

As United fans I think we should be supporting our own. We are very lucky to have had the one of the greatest players of all time Ronny play for us and in the Premier League. Not just once but twice!

you HAVE to be fair and give Ronaldo some carrot and credit here. If he succeeds at United and delivers major trophy he will end the GOAT debate once and for all. He's taking a massive risk coming to United in the most physically Demanding League in the World at 36 years old where most players are either retired or the legs go just like that (Remember that game we and they knew Gary Neville and Roy Keane was finished? It can just happen just like that!). Messi isn't taking a big risk in comparison going to play in the farmers league in France where he can be rested in loads of games for the CL.

Coming back to United at 36 years old and winning the Premier League/CL bringing success to United for a second time after the club not winning any major trophies for almost 10 years is the stuff of legends/dreams people will Be talking about for years and years telling the grandkids about ala Maradona at Napoli. Its statue worthy stuff.
Can we please not turn this into a Messi v Ronaldo thread? We have a whole separate one for that.

Ish

Lights on for Luke

If he does well

“greatest player of all time, absolutely no doubt about it. Not up for debate anymore”

if he doesn’t

“greatest player of all time who took a huge risk coming here but everyone else let him down”

:lol: I actually would have feared for the safety and the mental well-being of a ton of our supposed fans if Ronaldo ended up signing for City.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I think nostalgia is kicking in for most of us. I'm thirty and he is easily the best football player I have seen play Man Utd. That coupled with the last decade or so of shite from the club I think it is perfectly normal to still be buzzing and full of hyperbolic and over the top nonsense.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

If he does well

if he doesn’t

Ronnie's first real test

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
You guys are far too emotionally invested it’s just business nothing to do with doing the dirty or being friends :lol:
That's the thing. I am not being emotional. My initial post came in response to someone who questioned why we're paying 15m in installments through time. I replied that we did that because we can. Juve were desperate to sell and we capitalized on that desperation. Shitty are oil rich but they wanted to take them to cleaners far more then we did. Then someone flipped things on its head by stating that I am being emotional when its really not the case.

If you want to see a proper meltdown then I'd suggest that you'll check how Juventus are acting towards Ronaldo's departure. Its embarrassing really.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

If he does well

if he doesn’t

I guess you haven’t picked a side…

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He’s gonna score plenty of goals here. That’s good enough for me. Are we going to win the league or CL? probably not but I have decent money on us to cause an upset.
If Ronaldo won the League and UCL at a club that hasn’t won either in nearly a decade, you don’t think that would enhance his reputation?

kerano.

Swedish newspapers asking Lindelöf (on PK before our game vs Greece) "what do you think about playing with a player being accused of rape?" (Ronaldo)
God I hate my feminist bullshit country sometimes...

The Firestarter

Swedish newspapers asking Lindelöf (on PK before our game vs Greece) "what do you think about playing with a player being accused of rape?" (Ronaldo)
I hope you don't hate your newbie tag though .

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Crazy question to ask him really, especially before a game!

How did Lindelof even respond to that?

kerano.

Crazy question to ask him really, especially before a game!

How did Lindelof even respond to that?
"It's hard for me to sit here on the podium and answer a question like that" basically said nothing about it.

El Zoido

Wow, what a terrible thing to ask.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
:lol: so his biggest test wasn’t leaving Madeira without family to go to sporting? Or coming to United as a youte? Or going to the handkerchief bandits with a record price tag? It’s coming to United at the tail end of his career?

United is a washed up club in terms of trophies/highest honours. If he wins with us, it’s another feather in his cap. If he doesn’t, hardly anyone will mark it against Ronaldo for not winning with a club that hasn’t really done much since 2013 at the tail end of his career. It’s a romantic endeavour, that could pay off in many ways for United, but hardly anything career or legacy defining. Ronaldo is certified out here. Again, I doubt he’s nervous about going out there and kicking ball.
Not really, when he joined Madrid as the most expensive player at the age of 24, surely that was the biggest test of his career.
Now he has nothing to prove to anyone.

I think that those Champions League finals when they said he wouldn't do it in such games or Euro 2016 final were bigger tests.

Maybe "biggest test" was the wrong word but it surely is the most different or newest challenge yet.

The challenge here being winning the league for Manchester United.

Ronaldo will be 37 this season and if he comes back at 37 to win the title for Man United, which they've been missing out on since sir Alex, it will be an incredible achievement and for me probably second to those champions league wins after champions league wins.

It would be yet another dimension for a player who desperately wants to be seen as a GOAT and if he does pull it off I think sentiments will change fast.

I also think the expectation is were not winning the league but we all know what Ronaldo has in mind. His contemporary meanwhile went to the easiest team in the easiest league to rack up more trophies.

shamans

If he does well

if he doesn’t

You really have some odd hate for Ronaldo don't you? From being the most active member in the miss thread, to here.

Both points are valid.

RetroStu

He’s probably at home eating 5,000 calories of walnuts as we speak.

Edit: also watching YouTube videos of himself
You continue to be incredibly salty over Ronaldo for some reason.
Hopefully he does fantastic for us and hurts you even more.

BarstoolProphet

I thought I was excited, but the bed wetting worshipping and just general hysteria is flabbergasting.
This :lol:

CR7Giggs11 and RedRon. Completely unbiased :wenger: . Hopefully rest of our players will not be trying to steal Ronaldo's limelight by, let's say, trying to score without attempting to set up Ronaldo first.

shamans

You continue to be incredibly salty over Ronaldo for some reason.
Hopefully he does fantastic for us and hurts you even more.
It's the Ronaldo way. Piss them off. Score more goals. Miss them off more. Score even more goals and the cycle goes on.

Also a certain you know who has just joined a money grabbing easy league to pad his stats further so that has further driven some mad!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
What do you mean? Of course we have good players but so did Napoli/Argentina with Maradona have other good players and so did Brazil with Pele. And same when Barca won everything with Messi and United with Ronaldo in his first spell they all had other good players. Didn't stop Maradona and Pele becoming 2 of the greatest of all time. All I'm saying is you can't suddenly start saying that a group of players who haven't won a major trophy for almost 10 years are now the main reason and not Ronaldo coming back if we win the league/CL. That would be disingenuous and agenda driven to try to discredit his impact it wouldn't be fair. Of course the other players deserve credit too but let's not pretend Ronaldo wouldn't be the main reason.

Do you think Brazil and Argentina fans was saying stuff like "there's other good players too" when Brazil and Argentina was winning stuff with Pele and Maradona and the media was highlighting Pele and Maradona as the main reason. Of course not.
I mean not everything in the world is about Ronaldo. You can post in other threads and about different things just FYI

Status
Not open for further replies.