Cristiano Ronaldo - Much Ado About Al Nassr

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Another big difference is that player didn't make that much money during their carreer, they needed to cash in to sustain their lifestyle when they retire. Ronaldo is set for 12 generations.
This is true too. Albeit quite a few of those players were selfish, greedy and maybe a little deluded at some point, too. So it seems plausible that someone like Cruyff would do similarly in the same position. But undoubtedly the position modern mega players are in now is on a different stratosphere so the calculations take on a different meaning.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Xavi at 35 moved to Al Sadd
Iniesta at 34 played for Vissel Kobe.

Messi will probably play in Miami soon.

I'm not sure they moved there following their football passion.
None of them were bitching about being disrespected and insisting on playing Champions League/top level football. I don't remember any of them saying that moving to the Middle East would be a step down for them.

I don't get the point you're trying to make by throwing all these names out there.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Reports Mendes had no involvement in this move. He also apparently didn’t know about the interview either. Safe to say their relationship is broken.
Won’t surprise me if Ronaldo blames him for his predicament. His last six months has resembled an unmanaged player.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
The internet never forgets. He finishes his highly impressive career as a bit of a laughing stock and hypocrite.
Human nature is such that we tend to forget the crap things about a person after a period of time. In 5 years time he will make an appearance at OT and he will be greeted like a long lost son.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
The ‘he could have waited until the summer’ posts make me think there are fans who would have liked him to stay here until then. That would have been shit.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Well, I'm pretty sure this is how he didnt envisage his career finishing.
What a almighty c*ck-up that interview has been for him. :lol:

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Didnt ten haag promise to let him go in Jan anyway? Now he just pissed off a large part of his fanbase and became a bit of clown.

BorisManUtd

Finished as a top flight player, he said it was not for the money, he was lying, but nobody could tun down that amount of money.
How long before Sky or BT has the Saudi League on
Nope, he thought he could land another European club.

dabronxolivera

Supports
Al Hilal
Didnt ten haag promise to let him go in Jan anyway? Now he just pissed off a large part of his fanbase and became a bit of clown.
My analysis on his situation is he bet on himself having a great WC and he didnt have any plan B. Based on the reports that he kept Mendes in the dark, it looked like he didnt do any due diligence on any european teams that might be interested signing him prior to that interview. His ego definitely didnt expect the backlash/reaction from the interview. He might expect his contract to be terminated, but he didnt think his shit attitude put off a lot of european teams. In his mind he is still prime Ronaldo therefore he acted like one. Cue the pikachu face when he had a shit WC and the only offers he got were from arab league and mls. Mind you this is from the guy who said he wanted to retire with "dignity", not in US, Qatar and Dubai :lol: . Karma does exist huh

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
This is true too. Albeit quite a few of those players were selfish, greedy and maybe a little deluded at some point, too. So it seems plausible that someone like Cruyff would do similarly in the same position. But undoubtedly the position modern mega players are in now is on a different stratosphere so the calculations take on a different meaning.
Yeah. But as a couple of posters mentionned here, that's not really why Ronaldo is laughed at anyway. The ridiculous part is him forcing a move from United believing that he's still a top player, offering himself to any CL side in Europe, getting redjected by pretty much everybody, maintaining that he won't go to Saudi Arabia to end up there anyway because no european club wants him.

I have no problem with players like Iniesta who quietly finish their carreer in Japan or something because they know that can't compete at the highest level anymore.

m1tch

I'm wondering if in his mind he's planning to rediscover his old scoring levels before doing a Zlatan and coming back to Europe. Does the Saudi off-season make short loan moves to Europe possible for him?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It's funny how he hasn't actually posted anything or said anything about the transfer, feel like he's embarrassed by it :lol:

BorisManUtd

he tried that in the summer nobody wanted him, I stand by my post, he just wants the money.
We will agree to disagree about this.
My theory is he tried that in the summer but wanted huge wages. Tried the same since, even at lower wages, but this time no one wanted him. Only my theory though.

But, as you said it nicely, agree to disagree.

Red Star One

I think USA was always off the table for him for the sexual harassment allegations or something?

He respects likes of Jordan Peterson, goes his narcissistic ways and lives in a bubble of people only telling him about his greatness - a golden cage in Saudi Arabia and being surrounded by worshippers sounds like something tailor made for him.

90 + 5min

I can’t believe some are having a go at him. He is fecking 38 year old. His age mates are in tv doing punditry. He would be insane to stun down that kind of money.
Nobody can turn that kind of money. If they don't have. I think those who are having a go or laughing is because of his behaviour. Nothing else.

Had everything been done behind closed doors and club let him go I'm pretty sure that most of people here would thank him and wish him good luck. He has been part of our team once and those memories is something people will remember. He had good comeback season and scored lot of goals but we all could see his decline. It is no shame in that, being 37-38.

He had a horrible familiy situation in the summer. II feel sorry for him. But that should not excuse his behaviour during this year. He put him self very high in that wierd inteview blameing everybody and saying some things that I hope he regrets in his own mind. He knew what he was doing and he knew what was waiting for him. Both from our club and from future clubs. He knew very well that he was done for every big club but his own mind kept him believing that he was still 25 year old kid. That is why he could talk the way he did.

For me, this is just sad ending. I don't blame him, I don't dislike him. I feel kind of indifferent. He will still be one of the best players ever. I wish him good luck in Saudi League.

carlbcfc

Supports
Birmingham City
Finished as a top flight player, he said it was not for the money, he was lying, but nobody could tun down that amount of money.
How long before Sky or BT has the Saudi League on

He said he treated football as a business the moment he rang into work last summer and he felt they didn’t believe him. It turns out that Ronaldo was genuine, but the swirl of the media suggesting he’s ‘on strike’ as he wanted Champions League football, most likely made some internal directors to think that way. They thought he was blagging, it turns out he wasn’t, and constantly alluded to it. He was hurt his word was not good enough.

For me, it was at this point that Ronaldo has thought, ‘f*ck this!’ Let’s just cash out as much as we can.

This money will see Ronaldo as one of the richest ever footballers/sportspersons.

Where has Jnr ended up? Surely he ain’t joining the Arab academy?

PieCrust

I don't understand why he didn't just go in the summer. Clearly he wasn't interested in being a part of the squad at United.

Whatever, ETH handled this brilliantly.

Aki_United

And I was right when I was against Ronnie moving to United. He only thinks about himself and is the biggest narcissist in the game. I can only laugh about people who think he is a United legend and put him above Wazza. But it comforts me to know that all the money won't stop his anger and envy over Messi's World Cup title. He'll always have to nibble on it. Ronnie, find a psychologist!

arnie_ni

I'm actually still struggling to piece all this together. After everything he said and done to feck of to a nonsense league is crazy on one hand from his POV but obviously after that interview what decent team would actually have wanted him. The whole saga is just unexplainable

He will certainly look back on this period with regret when he hangs up his boots.
I’m not sure he will. Reckon he’ll still be blaming all on Manchester United for swapping out Ole for manager’s that wanted a different kind of striker.
Just can’t see that ego suddenly coming to realise that football always moves forward and that he should have been more humble & accepted a squad role.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
The modern equivalent of the 70s footballer taking over a pub when he retires.

jm99

He's earning enough off this contract that he can probably buy a smallerCL club and play in it til he's 60

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
His decline is embarrassing and sad. He deserved it totally though.

But I wish him all the best and hope he’ll be happy in the remainder of his career and life. I don’t get some people hating him so much.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
So Piers Morgan's son ends his career in ignominy, burning all bridges and good will to play out the embers in low level obscurity.

And Messi won the World Cup.

What a fecking loser.