Cristiano Ronaldo - Much Ado About Al Nassr

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Scored his 50th goal in 2023, quite amazing for his age. I don’t think people could expect more from him, even though it’s Saudi.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
50 goals for the season. All kinds of quality goals, outside the box, link up plays with the finishing touch, volleys out of nowhere, his technique still there, his weak foot still there, his timings, his creativity to ditch defenders, all still there. Been a joy to watch this season, specially for those who enjoy watching the absurd amount of fine details that make him such a great goalscorer still.

He and Otávio are building some good chemistry between both - hopefully they'll keep it going in Euro 2024.

This is not a comment on where he stands in world football and whether he could or couldn't still play in a top league.
Yeh I am quite surprised by the quality of his goals there. He may have loss many yards of his pace, and his overall energy level isn’t quite up there anymore. But his shooting techniques, link up play and consistency of scoring goals has been top class this season.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
It all looks very good, cause the level he is up against is quite low.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
The exact profile of player we're missing at the club. 50 goals this year, in a bad year. Would be perfect to mould Hojlund into a scoring machine and give him time to hit the ground running. Would provide confidence, professionalism and, most of all, goals. Imagine the furore if he returned again, it would be immense. Even Jesus didn't come back twice.

Anustart89

The exact profile of player we're missing at the club. 50 goals this year, in a bad year. Would be perfect to mould Hojlund into a scoring machine and give him time to hit the ground running. Would provide confidence, professionalism and, most of all, goals. Imagine the furore if he returned again, it would be immense. Even Jesus didn't come back twice.
You had me in the first half, not gonna lie.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
You had me in the first half, not gonna lie.
There's a tiny bit of a point to it if you discount the parts of his character where he threw a massive strop over being benched and phased out due to his age and couldn't cope with the fact that he wasn't as good anymore. If he could have coped and done something like Ibra's role at Milan in old age, he would have been immensely valuable in changing the kind of Pogba and Sancho turning up late for everyday shit we had going on in our squad's mentality. Everyone would look up to him and follow his example, and he would have been huge for lads like Hojlund, Garnacho (he already was huge for Garnacho) and Mainoo. Shame his ego couldn't let him stoop to not being the #1 guy!

frostbite

Don't forget that our manager has very high standards, and that's why he replaced Ronaldo with Wout ... and then played Wout every game. Do you think that Wout would score 50 goals in SA? Ten goals? Five?

klsv

Don't forget that our manager has very high standards, and that's why he replaced Ronaldo with Wout ... and then played Wout every game. Do you think that Wout would score 50 goals in SA? Ten goals? Five?
Was he supposed to keep Ronaldo or was he supposed to create a GoFundMe campaign for a new striker?

Rockets Redglare

What’s with the revisionism? Ronaldo refused to play and was basically sacked for being a petulant brat and giving an interview slating the club to that scumbag Morgan.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Ronaldo got himself deliberately fired. And Ronnie wasn't lighting up the pitch that season either.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
Ronaldo got himself deliberately fired. And Ronnie wasn't lighting up the pitch that season either.
Nor was our entire team in an attacking sense to be fair, besides Rashford's purple patch. Our goals for and expected goals for was terrible, even before this season. We have been shit at creating chances for the duration of Ten Hag's time in charge.

Idxomer

Nor was our entire team in an attacking sense to be fair, besides Rashford's purple patch. Our goals for and expected goals for was terrible, even before this season. We have been shit at creating chances for the duration of Ten Hag's time in charge.
It wasn't great but it wasn't terrible. It was the best xG for United since the stats became available and the biggest underperformance in terms of converting it into actual goals. This year on the other hand has been terrible but still scoring much less than expected.

Gehrman

Yeah, but Ronaldo looked well past and was almost 38 when he got himself deliberately fired. I know the post that bumbed this thread was wumming but only man utd fans pine about what a almost 39 year player could bring to this team when we already saw it at 36 and 37.

frostbite

The problem is that ETH replaced him with Wout. Did Wout light up the pitch? And then ETH spent 70+ million for Hojlund. Did Hojlund light up the pitch?

I am not against replacing anyone. But what is the point of replacing a striker who is "past it", with a striker who never scores? For a full year now, the replacement strikers that ETH picked have scored zero goals in the PL. That's certainly an achievement! Can you imagine how much people would scream if Ronaldo had stayed and actually scored ZERO goals in 12 months? And yet, people accept this situation, only because it is not Ronaldo but some "nobodies". It seems that fans are not even bothered that our strikers are "nobodies"... we used to have the best strikers and now we have nothing, and we think it's okay.

Last edited:

frostbite

Some people compare 39-year old Ronaldo with peak Ronaldo. That's pointless.

As a Man Utd fan, I compare 39-year old Ronaldo with the strikers that replaced him, Wout, Hojlund, Martial.

That's our reality. We did not replace 39-year old Ronaldo with peak Ronaldo. We replaced him with strikers that can't score. Not even with strikers that score less, but with strikers that don't score at all!

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Goals in Saudi means nothing, he could be on double of what he is, and he still wouldn't be up for it in EPL.

JogaBonitoRooney

We'd be competing for the PL and still in Europe this season if a happy CR7 was still here :(
Literally came 7th the season he was at United for a full season. Came 2nd the year before he came and 3rd after he left last season. He's also even older and close to 39 years of age.

I'm not saying Ronaldo was the problem and United couldn't have come 3rd with him but what do you even base this on?

Only answer could be is fanboyism.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Imagine using output in SA league to make any sort of argument. CR7 fanboys are just a special bunch.

Gehrman

The problem is that ETH replaced him with Wout. Did Wout light up the pitch? And then ETH spent 70+ million for Hojlund. Did Hojlund light up the pitch?

I am not against replacing anyone. But what is the point of replacing a striker who is "past it", with a striker who never scores? For a full year now, the replacement strikers that ETH picked have scored zero goals in the PL. That's certainly an achievement! Can you imagine how much people would scream if Ronaldo had stayed and actually scored ZERO goals in 12 months? And yet, people accept this situation, only because it is not Ronaldo but some "nobodies". It seems that fans are not even bothered that our strikers are "nobodies"... we used to have the best strikers and now we have nothing, and we think it's okay.
Our forum is absolutely full of complaints about our lack of prolific forwards. I dunno how one can browse it and come away with a different impression.

cyberman

Who gives a feck. Having to scramble for a loan because Ronaldo deliberately got fired is on Ronaldo and not the manager. It’s nothing to do with standards, Ronaldo was let go because he burnt the club down in an interview with Piers Morgan for which he pretended he was unwell and missed a game to participate in.
feck Ronaldo

Oranges038

Ronaldo was not the problem. Just as Martial is not. DDG was not.
I defended Ronaldo on here, personally I thought his actions were as a result of him not being able to deal with his physical decline and also the frustration stemming from what happened with his twins.

But, he became a huge problem on and off the pitch, he just had to go.

Gehrman

I defended Ronaldo on here, personally I thought his actions were as a result of him not being able to deal with his physical decline and also the frustration stemming from what happened with his twins.

But, he became a huge problem on and off the pitch, he just had to go.
And was on absolutely massive wages despite his age.

Gehrman

Imagine using output in SA league to make any sort of argument. CR7 fanboys are just a special bunch.
I dont see any clubs chasing the legend that is Hamdallah. Nicknamed "The executioner" in SA.

sepulturite

I don't know how old the video is, I think it's very recent, but did anyone see it where Conor McGregor sits next to him and Ronaldo looks like he'd rather be anywhere else :lol: McGregor clearly high as a kite aswell, surprise surprise

SirAF

Ageist
I don't know how old the video is, I think it's very recent, but did anyone see it where Conor McGregor sits next to him and Ronaldo looks like he'd rather be anywhere else :lol: McGregor clearly high as a kite aswell, surprise surprise
Yesterday. Pretty funny yes :lol:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Well whether you are fanboy or hater, I think people should just move on from the whole Ronaldo leaving United thing. In the end I think it works for both parties - Ronaldo is happily starting games, scoring goals for fun, still making headlines and counting dollar notes from his bank account, whereas we did reduce our overall wage bill, can focus on our rebuilding phase with younger players under ETH, press more as a team, and move on addressing our other “problems”. It’s kind of win win situations for both.

putzmcgee123

I need to link this. Nothing else can do this justice. :lol:

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Well whether you are fanboy or hater, I think people should just move on from the whole Ronaldo leaving United thing. In the end I think it works for both parties - Ronaldo is happily starting games, scoring goals for fun, still making headlines and counting dollar notes from his bank account, whereas we did reduce our overall wage bill, can focus on our rebuilding phase with younger players under ETH, press more as a team, and move on addressing our other “problems”. It’s kind of win win situations for both.
That Pier Morgan interview should be unforgivable able to any Utd supporter

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
That Pier Morgan interview should be unforgivable able to any Utd supporter
Yeh the way he disrespect ETH, club management and club facilities were quite unacceptable. But he did won us 3 PL titles and CL during his first stint here, I think that should be all good to cancel out.