Cristiano Ronaldo: Set to leave by mutual agreement

Is Ronaldo justified to say that he “feels betrayed” by Manchester United?

• Ronaldo should be not be allowed to play for United again

Votes: 1,536 81.7%
  • He's always been a massive bellend

Votes: 884 47.0%
  • Messi has always been the better player

Votes: 574 30.5%
  • He should be begged to come back with double the salary and ten Haag should bow to his greatness

Votes: 126 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I hope our Twitter announcement when he leaves is an absolute burn. No room for sentimentality when we announce he's fecking off to play in an inferior league.
"Manchester United has agreed a mutual termination of Cristiano Ronaldo, this is for you Sir Alex "

Or

"Manchester United has agreed a mutual termination of Cristiano Ronaldo, thanks for helping us finish 6th"

AlPistacho

It's not possible unless he's said something in the (carefully scripted) interview that is grounds for a sacking without pay. I presume a mutual termination of the contract would allow Ronaldo to leave and go wherever he wants and we wouldn't have to pay him which is the best outcome, but it depends if he wants to leave that badly and forgo the money.

:lol:

It will make a difference to ours if he did that. As I've said, a contract is binding, there's nothing to stop United from telling him to train on his own until his contract runs down. People will say it's a distraction but if he's not involved in team meetings/training etc. then I don't see what's wrong with that. For me the club has to look strong over this. The idea we could pay to get rid of a tw*t who doesn't want to be here is revolting, especially when ordinary people are dealing with severe economic hardship.
Very true. If he’s banished and doesn’t turn up then it would also be down to the club and press manager to make sure journalists don’t ask about Ronaldo and all questions in pressers are related to the first team and United’s matches.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The man said that Ronaldo is the most charismatic footballer in the world. I have a bag of paper toilet with more charisma than Ronaldo.

Last edited:

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
To some extent but I include patience in the notion of being well behaved. And no Marseille fans aren't really hooligans, for them it's almost exclusively about Football, they are vocal and ready for action if they feel that the players or the club isn't representing the club well. I think that they are childishly impatient but it's rarely for no reason.

Nice, Lyon or Montpellier have lunatics of all sorts within their fanbases that will create havoc regardless of what happens on the field.
Right, yeah, fair enough.

Woodzy

The man said that Ronaldo is the most charismatic footballer in the world. I have got a bag of paper toilet with more charisma than Ronaldo.
Ronaldo is quite possibly the most boring man in football. Throwing your arms up in the air and stropping around the pitch doesn't mean you have charisma.

Herman Toothrot

Ronaldo is quite possibly the most boring man in football. Throwing your arms up in the air and stropping around the pitch doesn't mean you have charisma.
His fanbase is largely made up of people who think Elon Musk is a genius.

The Dane

He must be persona non grata in all of Europes big leagues. Only chance to play on an ok level must be a return to Sporting Lisbon, but if he ruins Portugals World Cup then they will probably also not touch him.
Sad to see it end this way though

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Exactly, he has a lot of qualities as a footballer and an athlete in general but charisma isn't at the top.

Seveneric

Can't even feel much in all of this. The transfer should never have happened (and quite a few people on here were against it tbf) serves the club and the fans right for bringing him back to start with.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
I actually worry for the guy once he has to hang them up for good. He doesn't strike me as a person who can take that well and just move on to other things.
I feel bad for his kids. You just know he'll try and live football Vicariously through them.

But can also imagine it now. "When I was 20, junior, I was playing in international tournaments and winning leagues for fun. Wtf are you doing? Nothing, like a dickhead. DICKHEAD.

Now go finish your homework"

Greck

The number of his fans who think last season is good enough reason to start him this season. It wasn't even good enough justification to prioritize him last season. Where is a team supposed to finish when a player who spent several months in detrimental form is allowed to take 20% of a team's total shot attempts.

appleman

Supports
Atletico Madrid
I actually worry for the guy once he has to hang them up for good. He doesn't strike me as a person who can take that well and just move on to other things.
I guess he could be like Pelé and come out every 3 or 4 years to call a hot new talent someone who "could be one the world's best, not as good as I was, but still really good".

djembatheking

What a clueless cnut Morgan is, I would love to see someone wipe the floor with him. The way he keeps going on about Ronaldo scoring one more than Harry Kane and being top scorer with no context at all. Clueless cnut. There would be nothing better than to see him get his wish and Ronaldo ends up at Arsenal but it won`t happen with Arteta there. I just can`t wait for this pathetic, selfish botox ball rubber headed bell whiff to feck off from this club . Who the feck does Morgan think he is bringing a real legend like Rooney into this too?

CloneMC16

This is a good point. He is clearly obsessed with football and hasn't taken being out of the starting line-up well at all. His whole life has been dedicated to football for the last 20+ years. He's almost certainly one that won't take retirement well.

On an unrelated note, Piers said on Twitter he wished Ronaldo could play for Arsenal. He would supposedly win them the league. He is a complete moron. Jesus is a way better striker than Ronaldo. Imagine benching/moving one of the better #9's in the league for Ronaldo.

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
Can someone keep a tally on how many times he says ME.
Its been loads ready

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
Oh Piers, just get down and blow him.
He is the lickspittle's lickspittle.

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
Now he's lavishing praise on Rio and Keane because they're defending him. :lol:

It's comically childish at this point.
He's turning into the Donald Trump of soccer. Narcissism and pettiness to an unbelievable degree.

Matt007a

Even the way he says “they” instead of “we” is angering me. He’s already gone in his mind.

RedDevil@84

I am confused by all these tweets. I am watching on youtube and many of those points haven't been discussed yet

atkar83

Would we have cared to take him away from a competitor last year if it were Chelsea lined up to sign him? Did we just take offense that he was considering City?

Rolaholic

Juve have been in even worse shape than us since he joined them and left them in tatters though :lol: :rolleyes:

Can't ever remember a player publicly disrespecting and shitting on his current employer for all to see like this though, we're in uncharted waters and it should be a sledgehammer blow to whatever 'legend' status he was purported to have with us...

Status
Not open for further replies.