Cristiano Ronaldo: Set to leave by mutual agreement

Is Ronaldo justified to say that he “feels betrayed” by Manchester United?

• Ronaldo should be not be allowed to play for United again

Votes: 1,536 81.7%
  • He's always been a massive bellend

Votes: 884 47.0%
  • Messi has always been the better player

Votes: 574 30.5%
  • He should be begged to come back with double the salary and ten Haag should bow to his greatness

Votes: 126 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gza the genius

Yes exactly. I don’t see why he would randomly decide to say that if their was not some truth to it.
Because he's mad he's still here and he's mad he's not a starter. It's very obvious. Ronaldo is completely self-serving. It's all a bit complicated anyway because although I believe something was going on with his daughter it still doesn't mean he can use that time to try to engineer a move away and then expect no one at the club to have an opinion about it.

HookedOnAPhelan

Except Thats all assumptions you have said without any basis of proof especially since his track record shows he has never done this before and most of the time the stuff he says are true.
He has never been in this position before.

Also his track record shows he has a massive ego and is prone to cnutish behavior.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
To top it all that idiot Piers 'Arsenal' Morgan says that Ronaldo left the ground when United were losing to Tottenham!!

United were winning 2-0. :D

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He's playing with the fans with some of the comments.

He's praising Sir Alex because he knows well he dare not say anything to antagonise the fan base by bad-mouthing a legend. He's criticising the Glazers and the ownership structure knowing he'll get brownie points from the fanbase. He was completely fine when he played for the club whilst they were the owners back in his first stint and returned again last season.

My son was at Carrington a few weeks ago and the facilities have had massive investments over the last few years.

He's trying to justify having a bad season and not being relevant as a player anymore.
I find the idea that people not only accept but agree with his alleged statement about the facilities, baffling. Unless the man is blind and can't see that he is in a revamped dressing room at carrington and Old Trafford or that there are litteral new buildings that were there in 2009, there is no way to explain his claims.

As someone with a 3 month old child who has been in the hospital since birth, I would also feel like telling my boss to go feck themselves if they weren't understanding of family commitments.

I haven't read into or really care about the rest of what he said and who is to blame for what but that part just stuck out to me.
As I mentioned on here last year, my few week old daughter ended up in intensive care with RS, was absolutely horrendous, but like feck I’d use that in an truly fecking cringeworthy and transparent egomaniac self serving interview.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I think it’s a stretch to suggest Ronaldo may have done nothing wrong at all here. Not just in this interview but since he returned.

He’s clearly upset a number of people.
I think the timing of this interview is awful and I want to here the rest of it first but on paper nothing he has said was wrong

The only question mark is the ETH comments but common law is their is a cause and effect for everything and he could have said anyone else didn’t have compassion for his ill baby but he only said one name. Their HAS to be a legitimate reason for that.

MadMike

Heck I’ll probably get multiple replies just for even saying an opposite view.
The view has to be based on something tangible. Your's isn't though. It's just contrarian for contrarian sake.

He’s been attacked and black balled as the scapegoat of the team last season and the fans and pundits have talked nothing but shite about him.
Plenty of fans and pundits supported him and (incredibly) support him still. The nature of being a top footballer and being paid top dosh, is that people will talk about you. Some good, some bad. But scapegoat, he was not made to be. Because a scapegoat takes the blame and the punishment that comes with it. Who, in position of power or in the team, scapegoated him? How? Pundits and guys called @name12873172 on twitter aren't exactly relevant, eh. Talking shite, is what they do.

False rumors every other day all summer etc.
The "false rumours" that he was angling for a move to a CL club, came out form every single reputable transfer information source. Hardly false. Some particular links would certainly have been false, but not the fact that he was pushing for a move. It was literally everywhere. And also, how is that the fault of the club?

He would not just randomly say something like that without a reason . If it was about a lack of care/compassion for his daughter being ill especially after recent events then I don’t blame the man.
We'll see, I guess. He got given leave of absence to be with his family all pre-season, doesn't exactly strike as uncaring. The reason could very well be a player who's wantaway and using anything to blame the club in order to engineer a move. Not like Ronaldo hasn't done such things before.

Fans hated Mourinho blunt honesty as well and he ended up being correct about nearly everything he said.
Fans hated Mourinho for the shite, defensive football and for unnecessarily courting media drama and toxicity in almost every media interview. Not for his honesty.

All I see is conjecture about the ways the club has disrespected him or done him wrong. No acknowledgment of the many ways in which he clearly and visibly disrespected the club, the team and the manager.

SportingCP96

Supports
Yeah he sure put on a brave face, what a soldier.
These same comments only further prove his point.

You might as well say “feck his daughter” while your at it.

Nick7

I think the timing of this interview is awful and I want to here the rest of it first but on paper nothing he has said was wrong

The only question mark is the ETH comments but common law is their is a cause and effect for everything and he could have said anyone else didn’t have compassion for his ill baby but he only said one name. Their HAS to be a legitimate reason for that.
The legitimate reason is he wants out of the club.

the_cliff

He’s been attacked and black balled as the scapegoat of the team last season and the fans and pundits have talked nothing but shite about him. False rumors every other day all summer etc. He’s been put through the ringer when in particular last season he was far from the issue.

He’s responded too it and called out the club that has stagnated publicly which was correct. We have not heard the whole interview yet but the main and only thing upsetting fans is his lack of respect for ETH.

He would not just randomly say something like that without a reason, clearly their is some legitimate truth to this story and as stated before if it was about a lack of care/compassion for his daughter being ill especially after recent events then I don’t blame the man. He said nothing about the fans and he stated he loved the fans. I’m curious to see the full interview.

The fans will back the manager and look at things one sided but it will be interesting to see the long term view. Fans hater Mourinho blunt honesty as well and he ended up being correct about nearly everything he said.

Also when he said people at the club didn’t want him their last season either it makes perfect sense. The glazers or Woodward or someone didn’t want to feel the backlash/embarrassment of him going to City and he was brought in despite what seems to be many not actually wanting him their to begin with.

One thing I will say is Ronaldo truly made the worse late career moves I have seen. Juve he performed at a high level and he probably should have stayed their but he wanted to win the CL so he was going to City then he got sucked into old pals and Ferguson telling
Him to go to United and he let his heart make a decision over his mind. Bad decision.

The United fans will just look at him as the bad guy but an objective view would show their is a lot more to this.

Heck I’ll probably get multiple replies just for even saying an opposite view.
Euro 2024 when he's 40 years old, still starting over players better than him because of his ego and destroying your talented national team please stay with the same energy.

You're blinded by your love for the guy that you can't admit that he's finished at a high level, let's see what he does in the world cup, only a matter of time till Portugal fans turn on him as well.

TheReligion

Abusive

I understand your stance.

I think you’ll do well to find any ex players or peers of Ten Hag saying he lacks compassion though. He’s very well thought of and even the rest of the squad now seem very positive about him.

Something is a bit off somewhere, I agree.

AlexUTD

Of course.

The fans are upset for him saying the truth or hurting their feelings so Now it’s “ohh he’s this and that so of course he would do this”

No basis behind it at all. What he’s said in the little of the interview we’re all correct.

If people believe he sprinkled a lie about the ETH part then wake up. No matter what he’s enemy number 1 now so even if he’s correct which he probably is he will still be wrong to the fans.
Jorge Mendes working overtime i see.

I find the idea that people not only accept but agree with his alleged statement about the facilities, baffling. Unless the man is blind and can't see that he is in a revamped dressing room at carrington and Old Trafford or that there are litteral new buildings that were there in 2009, there is no way to explain his claims.
New woman’s facilities too, new manager facilities, restaurants were all refurbished last Summer also. But hey, Chef Pete is still working there, which is obviously horrendous stuff for a top club who should change chefs every week.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
As someone with a 3 month old child who has been in the hospital since birth, I would also feel like telling my boss to go feck themselves if they weren't understanding of family commitments.

I haven't read into or really care about the rest of what he said and who is to blame for what but that part just stuck out to me.
My sympathies, bro. Wishing him/her speedy and long-lasting health.

Without being tasteless and unsympathetic unfortunate as it is babies die and we as parents have to deal with the process. I am positive the club gave him time off and I would like to think never forced him back to play. I'm not sure what an employer can do to help a member of staff when a loved one dies besides giving the family time off to grieve and bereavement support.

I always hear comments from footballers and staff about United being a family club and treating its staff on that basis.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I'm a bit lost when it comes to his lost child. The club allowed him to take a break when it happened and his poor behavior started way before April 2022.

Whenever it becomes a topic, I'm completely lost.

He'sRaldo

Hopefully this whole episode is a harsh lesson to the higher ups who seem insistent on holding onto players who want to leave until the situation becomes untenable.

If anybody tries to tell me we wanted Ronaldo to go in the summer but he couldnt find a club, I wouldn't believe it purely based on our track record with the likes of Pogba, Lingard, Henderson, etc.

JustAGuest

He claimed Rooney criticised him because he is jealous. What's to say Ronaldo isn't doing this because Ten Hag doesn't consider him to be the main man? It may have hurt his ego.

SportingCP96

Supports
Euro 2024 when he's 40 years old, still starting over players better than him because of his ego and destroying your talented national team please stay with the same energy.

You're blinded by your love for the guy that you can't admit that he's finished at a high level, let's see what he does in the world cup, only a matter of time till Portugal fans turn on him as well.
No I actually agree that he can not be the focal point of a team anymore and in fact I think it’s time to drop down a level and come back to Portugal and win stuff here. So as you can see this has nothing to do with what where I believe his level is at.

Portugal fans won’t turn on him especially. He has done more for this country then anybody else they can’t repay that debt to him.

MUFC OK

New woman’s facilities too, new manager facilities, restaurants were all refurbished last Summer also. But hey, Chef Pete is still working there, which is obviously horrendous stuff for a top club who should change chefs every week.
Surely we are all of the common belief that the club is a mess and stuck in the dark ages behind the scenes.. now I’m seeing fans defend the club for investment. Have you been behind the scenes and thus are able to see the improvements made?

SportingCP96

Supports
He claimed Rooney criticised him because he is jealous. What's to say Ronaldo isn't doing this because Ten Hag doesn't consider him to be the main man? It may have hurt his ego.
I could of sworn he laughed after saying the “I’m better looking part” almost as if he said that jokingly. But people took it literal.

Have to see the full interview to see

Surely we are all of the common belief that the club is a mess and stuck in the dark ages behind the scenes.. now I’m seeing fans defend the club for investment. Have you been behind the scenes and thus are able to see the improvements made?
I’ve seen the new dressing room yes, Sultan’s kid has recently seen Carrington also.

Have you been and seen the jacuzzi and pool?

NICanRed

He should be schweinstegered til his contract is up.
Let him rot in the reserves.
No! I think he should be forced to play one more game at Old Trafford so that the fans have the chance to show their “appreciation”.
Goodbye.

Fully Fledged

Except Thats all assumptions you have said without any basis of proof especially since his track record shows he has never done this before and most of the time the stuff he says are true.
Ronaldo: I am a slave
CRISTIANO Ronaldo put himself back on a collision course with Manchester United last night after declaring he agreed with FIFA president Sepp Blatter's claim that he had been treated like a slave by the Reds. In an interview that is bound to further infuriate United boss Sir Alex Ferguson and the Old Trafford hierarchy, the 23-year old winger also appeared to reiterate his desire to move to Real Madrid.
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ronaldo-i-am-a-slave-960332
He has though.

TheRedHearted

Why exactly were we playing him the last few weeks if he’s been feeling like this? I don’t think ETH is anybodies fool. Our performances have majorly suffered with him in the team. I will be so happy once this is all dealt with. I was one of the very few who said this would happen when he signed. Worst transfer in the clubs history and that takes some doing so soon after Sanchez.

That’s the most worrying thing, ETH did such a good job not playing him then all of a sudden he’s back in. I would rather play a fluid front three of Garnacho Rashford and sancho then Ronaldo anywhere there
So we now have a chance v Barca
Yep.
i know Ronaldo lost a child so I don’t want to trash talk, but we can’t play him at all. He may be gone
I am actually pleasantly surprised that most journos out there have come to United’s and Ten Hag’s defense rather than trying to milk the situation and throw mud at the club. Ronaldo has done a massive favor for Ten Hag.
He shouldn’t have been back in the team but without a striker I sort of get it but not really. We should have just played a fluid front three of any of garnacho, rashford, sancho, Elanga, Bruno
Looks like Woy Hodgson.
You gotta see more videos of him, he’s hilarious[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

SportingCP96

Supports
I understand your stance.

I think you’ll do well to find any ex players or peers of Ten Hag saying he lacks compassion though. He’s very well thought of and even the rest of the squad now seem very positive about him.

Something is a bit off somewhere, I agree.
Yes and one has been at the tip top level of the sport for 18 years with not even a blemish on his character or with any proof that he would flat out lie while the other has been around for 5 years.

I wonder whose resume on self righteousness or truth holds more value

Status
Not open for further replies.