g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Cristiano Ronaldo: Set to leave by mutual agreement

Is Ronaldo justified to say that he “feels betrayed” by Manchester United?

• Ronaldo should be not be allowed to play for United again

Votes: 1,536 81.7%
  • He's always been a massive bellend

Votes: 884 47.0%
  • Messi has always been the better player

Votes: 574 30.5%
  • He should be begged to come back with double the salary and ten Haag should bow to his greatness

Votes: 126 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Yes entire world already knew who the better footballer is, and now we all know who is a professional and who is a circus act.
Laughable take especially when Messi publicly quit on his country.

Compared to a guy who just lost a child and who knows the state of health of his 3 month old who was in the hospital shortly after and the possible lack their off compassion from a new boss.

Glorio

This interview he's done City wanted him??? Unless St pep is at a different Club
Ronaldo can say what he wants. Has City ever said that? I just don't see it - Pep doesn't do superstars and individuals at all. Especially one that doesn't work hard off the ball. It's the same as the Pogba going to City story, really hard to believe

OT1214

I am actually pleasantly surprised that most journos out there have come to United’s and Ten Hag’s defense rather than trying to milk the situation and throw mud at the club. Ronaldo has done a massive favor for Ten Hag.

RedOrange

Compared to a guy who just lost a child and who knows the state of health of his 3 month old who was in the hospital shortly after and the possible lack their off compassion from a new boss.
Gonna laugh at ya when he goes back to Sporting and plays like shit.

JustAGuest

This seems like fiction – is there any indication of this having happened?

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
He’s been attacked and black balled as the scapegoat of the team last season and the fans and pundits have talked nothing but shite about him. False rumors every other day all summer etc. He’s been put through the ringer when in particular last season he was far from the issue.

He’s responded too it and called out the club that has stagnated publicly which was correct. We have not heard the whole interview yet but the main and only thing upsetting fans is his lack of respect for ETH.

He would not just randomly say something like that without a reason, clearly their is some legitimate truth to this story and as stated before if it was about a lack of care/compassion for his daughter being ill especially after recent events then I don’t blame the man. He said nothing about the fans and he stated he loved the fans. I’m curious to see the full interview.

The fans will back the manager and look at things one sided but it will be interesting to see the long term view. Fans hater Mourinho blunt honesty as well and he ended up being correct about nearly everything he said.

Also when he said people at the club didn’t want him their last season either it makes perfect sense. The glazers or Woodward or someone didn’t want to feel the backlash/embarrassment of him going to City and he was brought in despite what seems to be many not actually wanting him their to begin with.

One thing I will say is Ronaldo truly made the worse late career moves I have seen. Juve he performed at a high level and he probably should have stayed their but he wanted to win the CL so he was going to City then he got sucked into old pals and Ferguson telling
Him to go to United and he let his heart make a decision over his mind. Bad decision.

The United fans will just look at him as the bad guy but an objective view would show their is a lot more to this.

Heck I’ll probably get multiple replies just for even saying an opposite view.
What false rumours? It is well known he was being hawked around Europe by Mendes looking for a transfer.

He has pundits on major networks with massive platforms going to bat for him.

If he felt all of this he could have kept it all private, he is doing this for one reason and it isn't altruism or to "call out" the club. He has done it too secure a release from the club for a cash settlement.

We/the club know that the club has issues, they can't be fixed in 6 months. He has also made himself a part of said problems this year so he is rightly in the firing line.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
He's playing with the fans with some of the comments.

He's praising Sir Alex because he knows well he dare not say anything to antagonise the fan base by bad-mouthing a legend. He's criticising the Glazers and the ownership structure knowing he'll get brownie points from the fanbase. He was completely fine when he played for the club whilst they were the owners back in his first stint and returned again last season.

My son was at Carrington a few weeks ago and the facilities have had massive investments over the last few years.

He's trying to justify having a bad season and not being relevant as a player anymore.

clarkydaz

Ronaldo can say what he wants. Has City ever said that? I just don't see it - Pep doesn't do superstars and individuals at all. Especially one that doesn't work hard off the ball. It's the same as the Pogba going to City story, really hard to believe
the man himself has literally said in interview Fergie said you cant go city

Nicolarra90

How to taint your legacy 101. He could have acted like a role model and mentor for the younger players and bowed out grace, instead he opted for toxic, narcissists trash.

I guess China next then. No top club is going to going anywhere near the dumpster fire that is CR7 now
That's expecting too much from someone. He's just a person who happened to be excellent at football and a hard worker. He's nothing more than that.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

If it's true that he publicly called out on how Rooney looks (and I believe nothing these days online) then my last iota of praise for him has gone.

Whilst yes Rooney has been my favourite player in recent years, attacking someone for not looking as good is just unacceptable. End of.
As someone who is much less attractive myself, it's a typical thing where your achievements are overlooked by how you look and it's ridiculous.

If true Ronaldo has burnt his last bridge with me and for all I care he could've joined City or Liverpool.
We'll have to wait and watch the whole thing, but i think that this one somewhat got lost in the translation.

He probably insinuated that the main reason for Rooney's recent criticisms is his jealousy because Ronaldo is still performing at the highest level at 38 (or so he believes) while Rooney was basically done for after he turned 30.

Which, despite the fact that Ronaldo has taken much better care of his body than Rooney, is still a hit below the belt. Especially after Rooney opened up about the alcohol and mental health issues that plagued him in his career.

Bobski

Completely unbothered by this. It was obvious before the season even started that it was pointless him being here, and that he was in a steep decline that would require Utd to take a different direction. Would have been better for all involved if he had been dumped in the Summer.

Just bored of the guy, poster child for our tediously narcissistic generation.

And he’d look a right dickhead if Pep gets asked in his next interview and says “no, we were never interested”.

SportingCP96

Supports
This seems like fiction – is there any indication of this having happened?
He just said it. Unless you think he would lie about the health of his child or on his child’s name after just losing one ? As a parent that would be utterly insane to play with your child’s health like that which I highly doubt he did.

But yes what he says is fiction but what rumors say are true Spartak Moscow and Barcelona decline Ronaldo who totally wanted to go their.

Everyone is only going to believe what they want to believe.

Nick7

He just said it. Unless you think he would lie about the health of his child or on his child’s name after just losing one ? As a parent that would be utterly insane to play with your child’s health like that which I highly doubt he did.

But yes what he says is fiction but what rumors say are true Spartak Moscow and Barcelona decline Ronaldo who totally wanted to go their.

Everyone is only going to believe what they want to believe.
He’s talking about the so called “lack of compassion” from ETH.

SportingCP96

Supports
Didn’t the club defend him through the press when he didn’t show up for pre-season?
The club yes. Especially in a time where the rumors were he wanted out the club but the club didn’t want that to be the case.

We don’t know what ETH may have told him or someone else who then told Ronaldo etc etc.

What happened in public and in private are very different…..

Just like politicians say one thing in public and do the opposite in private.

BerryBerryShrew

I'm quite despondent at his behaviour. Not only am I going to burn my United shirt with his name on the back, but I'm also going to incinerate all of my CR7 branded manpanties. I don't have any other jocks so I'm willing to go commando for the next few days in order to demonstrate the sense of betrayal that I'm feeling. That's a measure of how utterly heartbreaking this situation is for me.

SportingCP96

Supports
He’s talking about the so called “lack of compassion” from ETH.
Yes exactly. I don’t see why he would randomly decide to say that if their was not some truth to it.

(...)

Supports
Arsenal
Hurt people hurt people. With his reported massive ego, it's completely plausible that he interpreted seemingly normal decisions from ETH as acts of war. The worrying thing is that no one at the club was able to calm him down.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
There must be a clause in his contract that he broke and if there is, we can fire him for no compensation. That's what he deserves.

Mmm-Qatarian

He’s been attacked and black balled as the scapegoat of the team last season and the fans and pundits have talked nothing but shite about him. False rumors every other day all summer etc. He’s been put through the ringer when in particular last season he was far from the issue.

He’s responded too it and called out the club that has stagnated publicly which was correct. We have not heard the whole interview yet but the main and only thing upsetting fans is his lack of respect for ETH.

He would not just randomly say something like that without a reason, clearly their is some legitimate truth to this story and as stated before if it was about a lack of care/compassion for his daughter being ill especially after recent events then I don’t blame the man. He said nothing about the fans and he stated he loved the fans. I’m curious to see the full interview.

The fans will back the manager and look at things one sided but it will be interesting to see the long term view. Fans hater Mourinho blunt honesty as well and he ended up being correct about nearly everything he said.

Also when he said people at the club didn’t want him their last season either it makes perfect sense. The glazers or Woodward or someone didn’t want to feel the backlash/embarrassment of him going to City and he was brought in despite what seems to be many not actually wanting him their to begin with.

One thing I will say is Ronaldo truly made the worse late career moves I have seen. Juve he performed at a high level and he probably should have stayed their but he wanted to win the CL so he was going to City then he got sucked into old pals and Ferguson telling
Him to go to United and he let his heart make a decision over his mind. Bad decision.

The United fans will just look at him as the bad guy but an objective view would show their is a lot more to this.

Ronaldo wasn't scapegoated for performances last season any more than other players at United. In fact, he was largely given considerably more leeway when he performed poorly because on the whole his goalscoring was still decent and he was also very popular amongst United fans in general.

Also, your assertion that the rumours about him all summer were "false" is based on very little. It's patently obvious he was trying to force a move out of the club and this understandably did not sit well with a good number of fans or Erik ten hag and his coaching staff.

I also simply do not agree that Ronaldo wouldn't lash out against Ten Hag without reasonable grounds for doing so. The man has proven time and time again that he's an egomaniac, and the fact that he's no longer a starter doesn't require some ulterior motive on the manager's part when his garbage performances serve perfectly well as a justification.

It's easy to say this now but I never believed that re-signing Ronaldo was a smart move. Beyond the fact that I didn't think he added any significant value to the side, I also find him to be a pretty reprehensible character. I am not an unbiased observer here. However, I think many fans who until now have backed Ronaldo are probably just sick and tired of trying themselves in knots trying to defend his childish behaviour.

phelans shorts

Yes exactly. I don’t see why he would randomly decide to say that if their was not some truth to it.
Because he’s a narcissist who is aiming to portray Cristiano Ronaldo in the best way possible, so throwing his boss under the bus in the hope that it will turn fans onto his own side.

He however isn’t very smart and has failed spectacularly.

Nick7

Because he’s throwing a strop to leave the club. He’s literally going scorched earth on everything possible but sticking a few little nuggets in there like giving out about the Glazers to try keep his fanboys onside and garner sympathy. We let him take the whole summer off, he requested a transfer before even meeting ETH, but yeah it’s definitely the managers lack of compassing. It’s so incredibly transparent I’m embarrassed people aren’t seeing right through it.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
As someone with a 3 month old child who has been in the hospital since birth, I would also feel like telling my boss to go feck themselves if they weren't understanding of family commitments.

I haven't read into or really care about the rest of what he said and who is to blame for what but that part just stuck out to me.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid

I do think a lot of fans in here have a fragile ego and he was definitely made a scapegoat by a tangible portion of the fanbase and media. I initially thought it was a bad move for him but then as the season went on I thought he was doing better than I had expected. Anyway now it's prettt obvious it was a bad move for both parts but I don't think he's as egoistical as people make out of him, otherwise he would had ended at City were it would be easier for him to continue padding his stats.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I don't agree with what he said about Ten Hag, but the rest you have to be too fecking ignorant to not consider, especially how the club is run !
The issues were and are well-documented prior to his signing for the club. Again, I would say he's just trying to win over the fans by highlighting the problems we fans had concerns about over many years. It would be ignorant on our part to think he cares about anything but himself. He was fine signing a fat contract and taking the money whilst he knew the ownership issues existed and a lack of investment in the clubs facilities.

SportingCP96

Supports
Because he’s a narcissist who is aiming to portray Cristiano Ronaldo in the best way possible, so throwing his boss under the bus in the hope that it will turn fans onto his own side.

He however isn’t very smart and has failed spectacularly.
Except Thats all assumptions you have said without any basis of proof especially since his track record shows he has never done this before and most of the time the stuff he says are true.

clarkydaz

Hurt people hurt people. With his reported massive ego, it's completely plausible that he interpreted seemingly normal decisions from ETH as acts of war. The worrying thing is that no one at the club was able to calm him down.
Being on the bench, and not being brought on is likely the crux of this devastating ordeal

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

He's playing with the fans with some of the comments.

He's praising Sir Alex because he knows well he dare not say anything to antagonise the fan base by bad-mouthing a legend. He's criticising the Glazers and the ownership structure knowing he'll get brownie points from the fanbase. He was completely fine when he played for the club whilst they were the owners back in his first stint and returned again last season.

My son was at Carrington a few weeks ago and the facilities have had massive investments over the last few years.

He's trying to justify having a bad season and not being relevant as a player anymore.
It's that simple, really.

JustAGuest

I think the funniest thing has to be no other club wants him, and after

Didn’t the club defend him through the press when he didn’t show up for pre-season?
Ten Hag didn't say a bad word about him in his press conferences throughout that circus when Ronaldo was by all reports desperate to leave and refusing to train.

TheReligion

Abusive
The club yes. Especially in a time where the rumors were he wanted out the club but the club didn’t want that to be the case.

We don’t know what ETH may have told him or someone else who then told Ronaldo etc etc.

What happened in public and in private are very different…..

Just like politicians say one thing in public and do the opposite in private.
I think it’s a stretch to suggest Ronaldo may have done nothing wrong at all here. Not just in this interview but since he returned.

He’s clearly upset a number of people.

edcunited1878

He should be schweinstegered til his contract is up.
Let him rot in the reserves.
??? Bastian did nothing like Ronaldo has done, as he was just shunted out of the team for no particular reason by Mourinho. And Mourinho actually owned up to his mistake by drafting Bastian back into the side again and played him.

Ronaldo is totally done at the club. He can just not show up after the World Cup and extend his time off due to 'injury'. Endings are usually messy and this has just taken on a whole new life. It's shameful from Ronaldo and his camp. fecking tit he is now and he's taken so poorly to the fact that his time at the highest end clubs with all to play for don't want or need his services on their terms.

fallengt

From the same guy who posted himself naked in a sauna for millions people to see during that period?

Yea pardon us for lack of compassion

SportingCP96

Supports
I do think a lot of fans in here have a fragile ego and he was definitely made a scapegoat by a tangible portion of the fanbase and media. I initially thought it was a bad move for him but then as the season went on I thought he was doing better than I had expected. Anyway now it's prettt obvious it was a bad move for both parts but I don't think he's as egoistical as people make out of him, otherwise he would had ended at City were it would be easier for him to continue padding his stats.
Of course.

The fans are upset for him saying the truth or hurting their feelings so Now it’s “ohh he’s this and that so of course he would do this”

No basis behind it at all. What he’s said in the little of the interview we’re all correct.

If people believe he sprinkled a lie about the ETH part then wake up. No matter what he’s enemy number 1 now so even if he’s correct which he probably is he will still be wrong to the fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.