Cristiano Ronaldo: Set to leave by mutual agreement

Is Ronaldo justified to say that he “feels betrayed” by Manchester United?

• Ronaldo should be not be allowed to play for United again

Votes: 1,536 81.7%
  • He's always been a massive bellend

Votes: 884 47.0%
  • Messi has always been the better player

Votes: 574 30.5%
  • He should be begged to come back with double the salary and ten Haag should bow to his greatness

Votes: 126 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GregM40

He’s doing us a favour really let’s face it. We need him out the club asap, and surely the board will be forced to dip into the market for a striker if he’s off the books.

DevTheRed

Well, that’s that then.

Not a chance he plays for this club again after this.

lsd

The Oracle
Getting the feeling the only people watching this are those United fans desperate to hate on him willing him to say stuff they can then feign despair off online

saivet

All the stuff about lack of progress at the club hard to argue with though and these are things that have already been briefed to the press, as are his view on Rangnick. Nothing new in the regards, we've just heard it from his mouth rather than 'sources close to him'

Telsim

No. He's not saying anything because he gives a shit about the club. He's just manipulating the fans. if he didn't think much of us since Sir Alex left, then why did he come back>
Here's the thing though - I don't care about his reasons. What he says here is objectively, undeniably the truth. And since this is ultra high profile it will get carried by the media far and wide. Which is good in it's own way. A means to an end.

Betson

He has burnt his bridges now with ETH.

But he is right about Utd been stuck in the time wasp since Fergie left and how far the club has fallen behind in terms of facilities , structure and technology. We all sort of knew that anyway, that the club has been a shambles and ran into the ground over the last decade. That is not news.

But saying you do not respect the current manager is more of less saying you want out.

Best thing for all is to mutually cancel the contract , but I suspect he wants a big payout for that.

ETH can not have him back in the first team squad again.

M Bison

Supports
York City
I can’t see anyone wanting to sign him now after this charade. Absolute embarrassment.

Let’s see how his World Cup goes and him make that all about him.

cyberman

I do feel for him here to be honest. The line was family emergency but the narrative around it sounded like bullshit which I guess the club could painted better. Not sure what they would or should have said but I can understand why he felt hung out to dry.

Unfortunately for him, it was his team
making briefs that he wanted to leave at the same time which ultimately made it look like bullshit. So without the club or him giving details of what was happening him dropping those briefs made the narrative hard to control and no wonder some executives were dubious.
The club said they believed his reasoning, it was everybody else who didn’t! There were even leaks saying it shouldn’t be argued with

the_cliff

Weird how a player apparently still at the peak of his powers has to resort to this to try get himself a move.
He's not trying to get himself a move, he's not that dumb to do this knowing that he has no offers on the table for him. What he's trying to do is worse than that. He's hoping this will get the fans on his side and get ETH sacked so we'll get a coach of his choosing.

It's probably his last option and he knows that. We won't be falling for it though and he'll be in Saudi Arabia by January.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Anyone who defends him at this point probably deserves a temp ban for wumming. This wanker has never been a club legend, and he blew any chance he had of becoming one. But hey, at least now finally everyone can finally admit that they've always thought Messi was the better player.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I'm intrigued to see where he goes in January now though. I assume Chelsea are the frontrunners?

strandty

?I hope so. Outrageous and he sits down with one of the most horrible people in the media, tells me a lot about what kind of shit person Ronaldo is.

We should at least suspend his ass again and not pay him for several weeks at least.
The club could terminate based on gross misconduct and bringing the club into disrepute, but his agents etc would file for wrongful dismissal, end up in courts etc and wouldn’t end for months

Stadjer

Surely there is already a deal behind the scenes and he is gone next transferperiod? If not, that deal will be made soon enough now. Wonder who will even take old Ronaldo.

Surely he played his last game for Manchester United. Anyone thinks he will play for Manchester United ever again?

Chairman Steve

I’d like to think him leaving is already done and hence this interview is to save face and to deflect from the fact he is deteriorating.

Highfather_24

Because Rooney had the cheek to not embarrass himself like Rio and Keane and Evra and tell the truth.

We play better without Ronaldo and Ronaldo was out of order to refuse to come on and storm out the stadium.

That is apparently too much for Ronaldo to handle so he's throwing a hissy fit.
Neville and Carragher are not even 1/10th the player Ronaldo is. They should refrain from commenting too much about the quality of player he is. Particularly Neville, because he is a former teammate/captain, and should have some loyalty.

siw2007

It’s incredibly frustrating that this has come out some hours after a big win in the league, at a time when it should be about Garnacho saving United, it’s almost typical l that it’s become about Ronaldo again.

He’s right to criticise the direction the club has gone in the last 10 years, I will give him that, though I think he should have known that before he joined, even fans who have never stepped into OT before knew that. He is right about the RR to a degree, he is the worst manager we’ve had in recent years. I’m also very sorry he feels the club lacked empathy over his child, I can’t comprehend the impact it has had on him, I did think the club and the wider footballing community got right behind him.

However, he is the one that tried to engineer an exit in the summer, he’s the one that walked down the tunnel and refused to go on the pitch, he say he loves the fans and feels betrayed by the club but it is him that has betrayed us. He might not be at his best this season but we still count on him, he is still a big player for the team but he’s the one who hasn’t performed.

This is the first time in a long time that the club is moving in the right direction, he does not want to be part of it, and to be honest he no longer fits. He has played his last game and needs to go immediately.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Some of these quotes are just... :lol:

A lot of the things he'll say about the club are probably correct but it's not like the fans were not aware of this beforehand.

If he wanted credit for 'exposing' United from the fans, he should have taken a financial hit in the summer. It all looks a bit too self-serving now.

rooney2009

Please don’t release, that’s all he wants
He is doing this because he wants to be released for free
He needs to accept that no big club wants him
He is so deluded if he thinks that he is bigger than Man Utd

Jericholyte2

Fully expecting news to break that he’s been released. You don’t come back from this.

Still, January will be interesting.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
It's funny he's using SAF's name in that interview. I have no doubt SAF and Gill are advising Arnold to get rid of him in their meetings. You don't undermine the manager. SAF knew that better than anyone. Just ask Keano.

justsomebloke

Getting the feeling the only people watching this are those United fans desperate to hate on him willing him to say stuff they can then feign despair off online
You do realise he has actually said those things?

Status
Not open for further replies.