Cristiano Ronaldo: Set to leave by mutual agreement

Is Ronaldo justified to say that he “feels betrayed” by Manchester United?

• Ronaldo should be not be allowed to play for United again

Votes: 1,536 81.7%
  • He's always been a massive bellend

Votes: 884 47.0%
  • Messi has always been the better player

Votes: 574 30.5%
  • He should be begged to come back with double the salary and ten Haag should bow to his greatness

Votes: 126 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I don't consider them to be. They all actively choose to support Ronaldo over the club. All very good players in their own right but anyone still trying to support Ronaldo even now doesn't care a single bit about the club in my view.
Wow.. Fergie might still smile and hug Ronaldo when they meet. How is that?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Nah man, as a parent I can't imagine losing one of the twins and another one hospitalized situation. It's completely understandable, what I don't understand is why the club didn't make any statements during this time, they could have handled the media easily but chose not to do. The whole media and fans were bashing him over the whole summer but nobody knew his infant had a medical emergency. The only reason I can think of is the club didn't want to bed with him to ship him somewhere.
Yeah. There are still some fans who use his pre-season as example of him being a kunt.

saik

Wow.. Fergie might still smile and hug Ronaldo when they meet. How is that?
He might because of their working relationship. But then Fergie will be going against his words because Ronaldo thinks of himself bigger than Man United.

Marcus

I think United fans need to unfollow him on social media. That's probably when brand CR7 will take notice.

Isle

Firstly he's the one who was whoring himself around Europe without any interest.

Secondly teams sell players all the time. He plays like an abomination and is paid a fortune so why wouldn't we want to sell him?

He's a lost cause. We should get rid asap. I'm very happy with ETHs handling of this.
Agreed, better get rid of him as soon as possible. But he may also be aiming for contract termination expecting a big pay day, we shouldn't reward that either.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
After those comments I don't think SAF will back him. I would be surprised to see him named to a squad again.

Marcus

At least now EtH can avoid the circus and leave the non-performing Ronaldo out of the first 11 (ill, injured) without anybody wondering why. Story should be about the magnificent goal and win, but no, again its about him.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Ronaldo has some serious personal issues, and he should keep that private, but he can't, cause he always needs the attention.

Ten Haag shouldn't play him again for the reminder of the season, ship him out in January if he can.

I would say sad end to his career, but he caused it himself, no one would really care if he was finished and just handled it with dignity.

sosolid4u09

i don’t think you can read anything into media trained stock answers

he was always gonna say that
Ronaldo didn't need to say anything.

If he wanted a new club as soon as he knew we're not getting CL, why would he wait until after pre season? Why not tell us in the summer he wants out and start looking for another club?

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
Don't let him go, make him turn up every week, warm up like the rest of the squad and then sit him on his arse for the duration. He signed a contract, he has an obligation he freely accepted, just like the bags of money that came from your pockets - hard earned not to be made fools of - and if you let this mega ego take the piss, well the next one will know what to do.

Not as if you'll sell him anywhere decent really, it's MLS time for Ronnie, last few pay days before he gets to sit in TV studios telling fans what rubbish they are watching - in his day, blah blah.

Humiliate him, he's no true servant of anyone but himself.

ElCuddlos

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina
Ronaldo has some serious personal issues, and he should keep that private, but he can't, cause he always needs the attention.

Ten Haag shouldn't play him again for the reminder of the season, ship him out in January if he can.

I would say sad end to his career, but he caused it himself, no one would really care if he was finished and just handled it with dignity.
Maybe he has been calling Uncle Flo every night for the past 6 months, and with Mbappe off, you never know:)

Tarrou

If he wanted a new club as soon as he knew we're not getting CL, why would he wait until after pre season? Why not tell us in the summer he wants out and start looking for another club?
Of course he did, it’s his job to answer questions from the media in certain scenarios

if they ask him what he thinks of the new appointment and he doesn’t respond, it would become a huge story in itself

edit: in answer to your question, I would guess he probably did tell us

when nobody wanted to pay a fee and his wages, he then tried to force our hand by going public

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

He wanted out and was rejected by every club.

I have seen clubs distancing themselves from a player, never seen so many club officials speaking to media to distance themselves from the circus.

roonster09

Scout
Good that he gave this interview, hopefully we won't see him in ManUtd shirt again. Liability on and off the pitch.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Thats what ronaldo said. The coach and the club wanted to force him out.

Eth has a right to sell him that's fine, but then u can hardly blame him for whoring himself out to find a new club (which is the comment I'm replying to)
When did the coach/club want him out? We've sell players players years. It isn't falling forcing unless one can't deal with it.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Agreed, better get rid of him as soon as possible. But he may also be aiming for contract termination expecting a big pay day, we shouldn't reward that either.
That I agree with. He can sit in the stands until a buyer comes along.

roonster09

Scout
His comments on Rooney :lol:, confirms what a sad individual he is. He is so insecure that he wants everyone to tell how great he is everyday.

sosolid4u09

He wanted out and was rejected by every club.

I have seen clubs distancing themselves from a player, never seen so many club officials speaking to media to distance themselves from the circus.
Thats not what ronaldo is saying though is it? Hes saying eth and the club forced him out! Did the transfer request come before or after eth supposedly told ronaldo he doesn't want him? These are questions i hope we get the answer to in the full interview!

Why did ronaldo go from publicly backing ten hag in May, to looking for other clubs in July?

NK86

He lost a newborn last season. His daughter was severely ill in the summer. He feels utd treated him poorly through those ordeals. On top of that hes clearly playing terribly and is rightly dropped. Hes obviously going through a horrendous time and is probably suffering mentally. It doesn't excuse his actions such as refusing to come on. But i want to know (from the full interview) to what extent the club treated him "poorly" from his standpoint. As I said, if its purely because he was dropped then he's a childish idiot. Let's see what comes out
Even if ETH told him he is not part of his plans but will be sold, still there are no excuses (obviously his daughter being I'll was sad but I feel he used it to justify not coming back for preseason).

Many players are transfer listed, or made known by the manager that they are not in the long term plans. But they don't start throwing around tantrums and telling the media they are "disrespected".

This is assuming the worst scenario where Eth told him he's not wanted. Based on what ETH told the media, the club informed the media, and how ETH started him regularly, clearly shows that he was part of the new manager's plan but he took exception to having taken on a squad player role rather than that of the main talisman.

You may want to wait for the full interview but I won't trust a word out of his mouth.

Reddevillondoner

Wooow.
I was in the living room with family watching a movie and my brother says, have you seen what Ronaldo has said about the manager? He says he doesn’t respect him. My first reaction was if I ever see a Man united fan defend him again.
Came on here… three hours later having read 28 pages. I am even more shocked.
Why is he always doing this, why does everything negative about Ronaldo come out when we have a good win.
His comment about our manager, Rooney and Rangnick(no matter how you feel about him) were very very disrespectful.
I hope this is the end of it and we never get to see him play for us again.
Ruined my F**cking night after absolutely buzzing from the Fulham result. Same bulls**t against Tottenham as well.

Last edited:

roonster09

Scout
Thats not what ronaldo is saying though is it? Hes saying eth and the club forced him out! Did the transfer request come before or after eth supposedly told ronaldo he doesn't want him? These are questions i hope we get the answer to in the full interview!

Why did ronaldo go from publicly backing ten hag in May, to looking for other clubs in July?
If you are putting so much weight on what Ronaldo said, then why are you ignoring what EtH said. He said he is looking forward to work with Ronaldo and he is one of the best goalscorer, so every coach wants to work with Ronaldo, something like that.

bringbackbebe

Don't let him go, make him turn up every week, warm up like the rest of the squad and then sit him on his arse for the duration. He signed a contract, he has an obligation he freely accepted, just like the bags of money that came from your pockets - hard earned not to be made fools of - and if you let this mega ego take the piss, well the next one will know what to do.

Not as if you'll sell him anywhere decent really, it's MLS time for Ronnie, last few pay days before he gets to sit in TV studios telling fans what rubbish they are watching - in his day, blah blah.

Humiliate him, he's no true servant of anyone but himself.
When he couldn't make his football do the talking, he turned into Kim Kardashian doing circus on reality TV. Won't benefit anyone if we make him stay. Best we cut the tumor and move on with life.

Tarrou

again, the public backing in May is clearly a stock answer

using this as part of your reasoning is super disengenous

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
He is clearly handling his decline gracefully...

We really shouldn't have taken him back, as dealing with this sort of stuff was always likely to be the result. He clearly can't accept or see that he is no longer the best striker at the club. His ego simply doesn't allow it, so now he is lashing out at everyone who is actually judging and finding his performances lacking.

Best base scenario for the club, is he finds another club to play at. We rid ourselves of a problem and save a large amount of money in the process. Though it would be amusing to see him have to try and come back into the team with his tail between his legs after not being able to find a club elsewhere. Though United should be looking to get rid, and remove the side show.

Waynne

Should've gone to City with that kind of toxicity. They'd be a few points off the top of the table and the dressing room spirit in ruins.

Scholsey2004

He'll be out immediately after the World Cup and we'll be better for it. As soon as we failed to qualify for the Champions League it was obvious we'd have this problem.

Oluwaplumpie

I love the timing of this shite show. It means we most definitely have to sign a striker in January.

Can only be good for us.

Last edited:

Oluwaplumpie

And I'm genuinely interested in seeing the club who's interested in signing him... Well... Apart from Sporting.

Wing Attack Plan R

.tnuc a s’eh esuaceB.

city-puma

You probably need to consider stepping back a bit to look in a big picture on the whole episode starting from when he rejoined. A balanced consideration from what all parties involved said is necessary.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
It’s good for everyone that he came out and did this. Proved that he’s a massive cnut, proved to the ex players that he thinks he is bigger than the club when they constantly bang on about nobody being bigger than United etc.

GinobiliTheGOAT

I may get blasted for this but United would have been a better team if Messi somehow joined them last season onward instead of Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.