Cristiano Ronaldo: Set to leave by mutual agreement

Is Ronaldo justified to say that he “feels betrayed” by Manchester United?

• Ronaldo should be not be allowed to play for United again

Votes: 1,536 81.7%
  • He's always been a massive bellend

Votes: 884 47.0%
  • Messi has always been the better player

Votes: 574 30.5%
  • He should be begged to come back with double the salary and ten Haag should bow to his greatness

Votes: 126 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zetrio2002

This your King ? What a fecking baby, so happy he is fecking off now. What a coward to have this published right before the WC break
Actually the whole point is to post before WC. After WC, most people will forget and Ronaldo will be back to scoring goals again.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
How to taint your legacy 101. He could have acted like a role model and mentor for the younger players and bowed out grace, instead he opted for toxic, narcissists trash.

I guess China next then. No top club is going to going anywhere near the dumpster fire that is CR7 now

Garnacho's Shoelaces

Some elements of the interview, such as no development of the training facilities in 15 years, are difficult to disagree with. However, Ronaldo has crossed a line criticising RR and EtH.

The club need to handle this swiftly without setting a precedent for others leaving the club using this method to tank their value. Personally, I would prefer to see him suspended until the end of the season or demoted to the reserves than be rewarded for such tactics.

Reactions: Cheimoon

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I think a lot of the posts are hypocritical considering all he’s doing in the interview is criticising UTD which is what all of us ever do on the Caf. Piers Morgan is his Caf and he’s entitled to it imo.
:lol: That's one of the strangest defences I've seen yet

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Can you believe that the kitchen has stayed the same since SAF?

They're still using ovens and stoves! They're stuck in time with this new fangled fire technology

On the training ground they're still using footballs and grass!

After United sacked Ole they brought a consultant in can you believe it!

Ronaldo is using deflection, and blame shifting. Ragnick was an interim waiting for the right candidate.

Tap

I think a lot of the posts are hypocritical considering all he’s doing in the interview is criticising UTD which is what all of us ever do on the Caf. Piers Morgan is his Caf and he’s entitled to it imo.
Know the difference between fans criticising the club online versus a player under contract blasting the club in the media.

It would be like Smalling or Matic talking crap about Roma and Jose in a public interview.

Water Melon

Terrific player in his prime, one of the GOAT contenders, but never a Man Utd legend. He is a toxic ageing player, who is, hopefully, done at United. The sooner we get rid, the better.

RedDevil@84

At least the club has nowehere to hide when someone like Cristiano comes out and says lot of things at the club are 10-15 yrs behind, in terms of infrastructure and technology.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Coming back here has ruined his reputation and love with us. No way back from this now… he’s probably played his last game for us. Get rid in January and sign a striker! You’ll see a massive difference in our play.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Some of the things he said are worth listened to like for example his criticism towards the facilities. The rest is further proof of the spineless mentality Ole had instilled in the team were players think they own the place. ETH has a big job in his hands.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Some of the things he said are worth listened to like for example his criticism towards the facilities. The rest is further proof of the spineless mentality Ole had instilled in the team were players think they own the place. ETH has a big job in his hands.
I doubt it's as bad as he says, although I can see it being below what other top clubs have.

The only real manager United have had is Mourinho, Moyes I doubt used a lot of technology, Van Gaal was a dinosaur and Ole didn't really go to top clubs to know.

The kitchen point I doubt was true, how many clubs do you go back to after 13 years? obviously he will compare, he would say the same if he went back to Sporting I'm sure.

Obviously Madrid will have great facilities but I think it's overstated.

I personally think he's just doing what narcissists do best and that's deflection. He's got a victim mentality here and because he doesn't have it on the field anymore he's point the finger at the club not himself.

If Ronaldo was world class banging in a goal every second game and performing, he would be on the pitch. He's lost his place to Martial and he can't deal with it.

tariqo

Supports
barcelona
Someone in media must clarify things now :
1- there no team in Europe wants him
2- coming back to man united was only because he wanted publicity & to be in the highlights specially when the whole world went crazy over messi transfer , which made him pay a lot to bots in social media to get the most liked tweet so saying he was loyal is bs .
3- Manchester play better without him & were second before him coming back
4- he was the top scorer yes but most of his goals were useless & against below average teams & disappeared in big matches .

5- attacking Rooney who in fact a real legend & sacrificed big time just to make Penaldo shine in 07/08 is something sad to see & proves what kind of a man he is

6 wished Morgan asked him about his plastic surgeries how many are they , this topic suits morgan much more

RedDevil@84

After reading some of his other quotes, I wouldn’t give his comments like that any credence at all.
Maybe. We will need to see the whole interview to get some kind of context. He always was an asshole. That is not really news. He being childish and a moaner is on par with my expectations.
Can call it confirmation bias, but when he (or anyone else at the club) says that we are stuck in time, in terms of infrastructure and technical development, it would be on par with my expectation about Glazers. Our struggles on the ground to compete with bigger teams goes far beyond just managerial appointments.

devilish

Also why did he give the interview to Piers Morgan? He's one of the most self centred and less likeable people there are on the media and would sell his own mum for a bigger audience share. Ronaldo should have done this interview with someone who knows football well and he would have tried to protect his legacy. Gaz or Romano (if he doesn't want a former United player interviewing him) would have been perfect.

TheGame

Also why did he give the interview to Piers Morgan? He's one of the most self centred and less likeable people there are on the media and would sell his own mum for a bigger audience share. Ronaldo should have done this interview with someone who knows football well and he would have tried to protect his legacy. Gaz or Romano (if he doesn't want a former United player interviewing him) would have been perfect.
I believe they know each other so that’s why Morgan is up Ronaldo’s ass all of the time.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Because he wanted someone to gobble what he says ? Morgan does really hate Man Utd.

devilish

I doubt it's as bad as he says, although I can see it being below what other top clubs have.

The only real manager United have had is Mourinho, Moyes I doubt used a lot of technology, Van Gaal was a dinosaur and Ole didn't really go to top clubs to know.

The kitchen point I doubt was true, how many clubs do you go back to after 13 years? obviously he will compare, he would say the same if he went back to Sporting I'm sure.

Obviously Madrid will have great facilities but I think it's overstated.

I personally think he's just doing what narcissists do best and that's deflection. He's got a victim mentality here and because he doesn't have it on the field anymore he's point the finger at the club not himself.

If Ronaldo was world class banging in a goal every second game and performing, he would be on the pitch. He's lost his place to Martial and he can't deal with it.
I have some friends who are very close to SAF, the Nevilles and Beckham. They were even invited to the weddings of the latter. Now their links dried out a year after he retired (ie when LVG took over) but were revived when Ole took the job and were often in Carrington during those two periods. They pretty much said to me what Ronaldo said.

We don't need ITKs and Ronaldo to know that the Glazers had invested almost nothing on our facilities. You only have to look at the stadium.

I am not defending Ronaldo in any way. That interview is anything but a train wreck. But there might be some truth in what he said.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
I suppose the timing of this is quite fortunate for us. With our next game being like six weeks away, the fallout from this will likely be over by the time we play again.

I hope we don't buy him out of his contract, rather let him rot without the chance of a new contract elsewhere

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Lost all respect for him. Thought he would act professional but obvs not, only cares about him self and it’s all about personal achievements. As if he’s come out and had a pop at Rooney aswell. He’s fired more shots at the club and manager than he has on the pitch this season.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I have some friends who are very close to SAF, the Nevilles and Beckham. They were even invited to the weddings of the latter. Now their links dried out a year after he retired (ie when LVG took over) but were revived when Ole took the job and were often in Carrington during those two periods. They pretty much said to me what Ronaldo said.

We don't need ITKs and Ronaldo to know that the Glazers had invested almost nothing on our facilities. You only have to look at the stadium.

I am not defending Ronaldo in any way. That interview is anything but a train wreck. But there might be some truth in what he said.
I can think that on the technology side, having data analysts, sports scientists and a modern scouting department would be suffering massively under the Glazers.

I think it's also to do with the appointments, you hire bad managers essentially and don't have the right hierachy or departments. You have a manager, board, kitman, players but not all the other departments other clubs may have so I get that.

His example was the kitchen though, I just think he's using deflection heavily to get away from his own shortcomings here. The issue is he's surplus to requirements because he's fallen of a cliff this year in terms of ability and movement.

United did bring in consultants last year for a restructure, and the good news is for United if it was sanctioned it isn't going to cost more than a few million to fix those problems.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Proud to say I booed him when he came on against Brighton and have proven right :)

devilish

I believe they know each other so that’s why Morgan is up Ronaldo’s ass all of the time.
I believe that Morgan got him where he wanted. He stroked his ego enough to encourage him to do this exclusive interview that is only meant to create as much controversy as possible. In the end there will be only one winner coming out of this and this is not Ronaldo (but Morgan). Ronaldo will end up the worst loser of it all.

Because he wanted someone to gobble what he says ? Morgan does really hate Man Utd.
I remember when United brought the youths in Malta. There were some great talent back then like Jesse Lingard and Paul Pogba. SAF made fans sit in circles with 2-3 youth players rotating per table. He then specifically asked us (the fans) to go tough on them in terms of questions. We felt a bit awkward tbh but SAF insisted on it as it was important they learn how to handle tough questions at this point of their career.

Journalists are not players friends especially someone like Piers Morgan. There are there to attract audience. Which is why I do question Ronaldo's choice of interviewer.

Will Singh

He’s shattered the hearts of millions of United fans, always knew he’s a cnut but didn’t realise the size of the cnut he’s the master cnut. Hope Argentina wins the WC and Messi will be the GOAT.

dann496

Really sad that it came to this since Ronaldo shall know very well about United circumstances before he joined otherwise it is idiotic.
Nobody forced him to move but rather no club wanted him during last summer.

Time for him to feck off. This really burn all his legacy with us fans.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I believe that Morgan got him where he wanted. He stroked his ego enough to encourage him to do this exclusive interview that is only meant to create as much controversy as possible. In the end there will be only one winner coming out of this and this is not Ronaldo (but Morgan). Ronaldo will end up the worst loser of it all.

I remember when United brought the youths in Malta. There were some great talent back then like Jesse Lingard and Paul Pogba. SAF made fans sit in circles with 2-3 youth players rotating per table. He then specifically asked us (the fans) to go tough on them in terms of questions. We felt a bit awkward tbh but SAF insisted on it as it was important they learn how to handle tough questions at this point of their career.

Journalists are not players friends especially someone like Piers Morgan. There are there to attract audience. Which is why I do question Ronaldo's choice of interviewer.
I didn't they mean they're friends, just that in this particular, their different interest in sullying Man Utd really align.

He’s shattered the hearts of millions of United fans, always knew he’s a cnut but didn’t realise the size of the cnut he’s the master cnut. Hope Argentina wins the WC and Messi will be the GOAT.
Better yet, that Argentina properly trash Portugal. I want his WC to end up in tears and frustration. Our other Portuguese players are young enough to recover from it

devilish

I can think that on the technology side, having data analysts, sports scientists and a modern scouting department would be suffering massively under the Glazers.

I think it's also to do with the appointments, you hire bad managers essentially and don't have the right hierachy or departments. You have a manager, board, kitman, players but not all the other departments other clubs may have so I get that.

His example was the kitchen though, I just think he's using deflection heavily to get away from his own shortcomings here. The issue is he's surplus to requirements because he's fallen of a cliff this year in terms of ability and movement.

United did bring in consultants last year for a restructure, and the good news is for United if it was sanctioned it isn't going to cost more than a few million to fix those problems.
The typical type of Modern manager can't give a feck about facilities. They are in it for the now so they'll rather buy that X player who can save their arse in 6 months time then invest on new facilities whose results are seen in the long term. This is down to admin. We should have had football people in place to make sure that our facilities are kept on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.