Cristiano Ronaldo: Set to leave by mutual agreement

Is Ronaldo justified to say that he “feels betrayed” by Manchester United?

• Ronaldo should be not be allowed to play for United again

Votes: 1,536 81.7%
  • He's always been a massive bellend

Votes: 884 47.0%
  • Messi has always been the better player

Votes: 574 30.5%
  • He should be begged to come back with double the salary and ten Haag should bow to his greatness

Votes: 126 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen86

I don’t think anyone should be angry at what Ronaldo is saying. He’s comes off far worse I all this, it’s embarrassing for him. A 37 year old baby who isn’t getting his way anymore.

Gurtej

No issues in giving him interview as long as it doesn’t attack your team mates or manager… and it’s not personal (Rooney not was low man, come on)…..

if he doesn’t go now, club will never succeed…He is way past his prime and I have no idea why we tolerate his actions when we never tolerated these from our own legends…

Time for him to go, hopefully we have legal route to terminate his contract and not to see him again in United shirt.

period..

Red Rash

It's a shame that his United career is ending in this way and it doesn't really help anyone to give this interview now since he was almost certain to leave in January anyway.

However I think it's good that a high profile player has called out the club for lack of progress. Its something the fans have been saying for years but this bring a lot of attention to it. Could definitely help with the glazers out movement

Shimo

First, soon as he goes after ETH, clear that with this interview, he has zero expectation to be back playing with us. How can a manager even pick him if he knows outright the player has said he has zero respect for him.

Secondly, his interview, right before the world cup is a clear play at wanting out and makes me a bit ill to think he is using his child's illness to garner sympathy from a portion of supporters that will be too blind to see it. Redcafe is a small sample of the ovrerall fanbase but, you can see a post here and there in the last 32 pages that are looking for something to justify this interview. The "truth" does nothing, yes there are true statements that are already known but, those statements are made in an attempt to humiliate the club.

The bit of about Rooney is funny because he says Rooney is jealous of him still paying at the top but, he just basically has said United are not at a top level, so he is not playing for a top level club and the most up his arse fans of him know that he has been an absolute turd on the field. Even a year on from when he was able to at least provide goals, now he can't even put the ball in the back of the net even.

Only good thing out of this will be after the world cup, for little more than half the season, we will be free of his drama in the squad. If we can't terminate his contract or sell him January, he will be made to train in the reserves at best (feel sorry for the reserves though).

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
If I were him, I wouldnt eat in the United canteen anymore, I am sure the chefs gave his plate some extra flavour now hehe

At last, this saga is over and we move on from a huge mistake we did under Ole. Good riddance

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It's the lack of any real self awareness from a 37 year olds, on the brink of retirement, that's the most striking thing. The immaturity he displayed is appaling. A real men says what he has to say while admitting his shortcomings too.

mav_9me

Might not be a hot take anymore but Portugal won't make it out of the groups cuz of this guy.

led_scholes

It's a shame that his United career is ending in this way and it doesn't really help anyone to give this interview now since he was almost certain to leave in January anyway.

However I think it's good that a high profile player has called out the club for lack of progress. Its something the fans have been saying for years but this bring a lot of attention to it. Could definitely help with the glazers out movement
It would be better if that high profile player was less egomaniac and acted professionally. If he would say this things about lack of progress without all the other shenanigans, everyone would focus on them. Now, the club (owners etc) can hide again.

ash_86

So after he left early in a game, ETH threw him an olive branch and even made him the captain. Then he goes on to throw shade at ETH again? Nah, this guy is too messed up.

Highfather_24

:lol:

I hope this is a wind up
Gary Neville has sold his ass to the media. He should know better than to criticize a former teammate who is one of the GOATs, when he is going through a tough period. If it was Roy Keane or Paul Scholes saying it, okay they were great players.

I have no respect for Ronaldo either, but that's another thing.

OmarUnited4ever

This is really bad, I am kinda thankful it was not released before the Fulham game, it would have been an unnecessary distraction, releasing it now just before the WC is good for team as the WC will take front seat in terms of what would the media focus on in the next 30 days or so.

He is saying that he does not respect Ten Hag because Ten Hag doesn't respect him, did he consider his own disrespectful actions towards Ten Hag (leaving early in a pre-season game, overreacting very visibly when subbed out, etc...) and he also didn't respect Ten Hag from the get go, so he should not expect it too.

Seij

He’s spot on there. I wonder what Gary Neville will say about all of this.
To be fair, Neville actually did come out recently to call Ronaldo out on his petty behavior.

I believe they know each other so that’s why Morgan is up Ronaldo’s ass all of the time.
It's more like they know each other because Morgan is up Ronaldo's ass.

Dannn411

Suspension without pay. Let him spend more money fighting it out in arbitration. 37 year old with the brain of a child.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Gary Neville has sold his ass to the media. He should know better than to criticize a former teammate who is one of the GOATs, when he is going through a tough period. If it was Roy Keane or Paul Scholes saying it, okay they were great players.

Gary Neville was a great player

Eddy_JukeZ

Do the club have grounds to terminate the contract?

I imagine it'll get messy, so I doubt it goes that route even if they had legal grounds to do so.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Good thing is that there is no come back for him. I was afraid that he will stay whole season. Not anymore...

Woodzy

This interview was pre-meditated. Piers has talked about it for months, Ronaldo has said ominous things since the summer. Ronaldo has played the club for a right bunch of cnuts and he needs to be let go immediately.

dabronxolivera

Supports
Al Hilal
He’s shattered the hearts of millions of United fans, always knew he’s a cnut but didn’t realise the size of the cnut he’s the master cnut. Hope Argentina wins the WC and Messi will be the GOAT.
I used to be Ronaldo fanboy and what can you call Messi "hater" for the lack of better term but after this season I hope Messi wins more Ballon D Or , break his CL goals record and win the WC. It's gonna hurt Ronaldo so bad and he wont be able to live with it until he's dead. Call me petty but what he does is totally unacceptable.

Strelok

He is saying that he does not respect Ten Hag because Ten Hag doesn't respect him, did he consider his own disrespectful actions towards Ten Hag (leaving early in a pre-season game, overreacting very visibly when subbed out, etc...) and he also didn't respect Ten Hag from the get go, so he should not expect it too.
Not only as you said he's been extremely disrespectful toward United and ETH but honestly I can't see anything ETH did that was not respectful toward him. He's simply finished at this level and ETH is only carrying on with his job which is doing what is the best for the team.

We could safely take whatever nonsense this narcisistic wanker said with a big fecking pinch of salt imo.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
An aging player who can’t accept he isn’t as good as he use to be and needs to take a reduced role, having a paddy saying he feels betrayed after he asked to leave in the summer but no body wanted him.

I said it would end this way, bringing back such a huge ego at the point in his career when he was going to need to accept a reduced role was always going to end in disaster.

In Rainbows

What do you want any rational person to think about after witnessing Ronaldo putting awful performance after awful performance, while also leaving before the game ends?

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Once again Ronaldo has proven his doubters wrong!

He can perform for 90 minutes!

padzilla

Hipster
He has gone way too far. Roy Keane's contract was ripped up over something similar - it will be an interesting test for Ten Hag now if he bottles it and makes him captain again, never mind sends him packing.

bdecuc

So I guess the purpose of the interview is to force the club to let him go in such a way that he still gets the rest of (or some amount of) his remaining contract paid? Anyone got a clear understanding there?

Highfather_24

What do you want any rational person to think about after witnessing Ronaldo putting awful performance after awful performance, while also leaving before the game ends?
Every United fan knows Ronaldo has been shit this season. He is old now, and his behaviour has been appalling. He should be sold asap. I'm not debating that.

I'm saying that Roy Keane did the right thing not slagging him off in public for his performances. Its the least you should do as a former teammate and captain. Its about basic respect.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Every United fan knows Ronaldo has been shit this season. He is old now, and his behaviour has been appalling. He should be sold asap. I'm not debating that.

I'm saying that Roy Keane did the right thing not slagging him off in public for his performances. Its the least you should do as a former teammate and captain. Its about basic respect.
Keane calls out everyone. But Ronaldo should not be criticized for shitty performances? His job is to be a pundit, not the PR agent of Ronaldo.

Steven Seagull

Comical interview which will have almost no impact beyond the next day or two. Everyone knows the facilities are shit, everyone except him knows he’s been shit, and mostly everyone will take the managers side. Genuinely the worst thing about all this is Piers Morgan’s reappearance

Lu Tze

I would be surprised if his contract doesn't have something in it to enable termination for bringing the club into disrepute in this way...he shouldn't get a penny more from us.

TheForgottenOne

Imagine how this bloke will feel and react when his next card on FUT comes out and has been rightfully adjusted to a 76 rating.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Amazing mentality! Remember his interview last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.