Cristiano Ronaldo: Set to leave by mutual agreement

Is Ronaldo justified to say that he “feels betrayed” by Manchester United?

• Ronaldo should be not be allowed to play for United again

Votes: 1,536 81.7%
  • He's always been a massive bellend

Votes: 884 47.0%
  • Messi has always been the better player

Votes: 574 30.5%
  • He should be begged to come back with double the salary and ten Haag should bow to his greatness

Votes: 126 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
It's a really odd move by him, he must think he's leaving in Jan, because why would United owe him any favours after doing that? I also don't see why any club would want him if he's willing to just publically slate us, he'd do it with anyone.

I can't imagine we'll do anything for him after this interview.
Ronaldo is SAF's product. He still think that United work the same way it did when the legend was there. SAF had always kicked trouble makers out of the club ASAP even if that meant losing money out of it. Keane for example was kicked out the moment that dreadful interview on MUTV saw the light of day. Many players had exploited SAF's no nonsense. RVN for example started becoming an arse the moment Real came knocking at his door while Kanchelskis went to play for Russia despite knowing fully well what the consequences were. Ronaldo probably think that United will now panic and release him.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He isn’t going to win a war with ETH. He keeps talking about being promised game time and what not but he’s been given plenty of it and he hasn’t delivered.Being told you’re part of the managers plans doesn’t translate to “You will start every game regardless of form”

I reckon ETH had every intention of using Ronaldo this season but frankly he hasn’t delivered when given the minutes so he’s been dropped. That’s not breaking a promise it’s just doing your job as the boss.

His personal attack on Rooney shows the character of the man really. So petty and so insecure about himself. Rooney was asked about his behaviour on the radio and rightly criticised it.

The only thing he got right was the criticism of the clubs facilities and lack of progress since he left, but he would have known that before he came. It wasn’t a secret and he had friends within the club who would have told him everything he needed to know.

I fear being stuck with him for the rest of the season now because we saw in the summer that none of the big clubs wanted him. Given his form and his attitude it’s even more unlikely someone takes him now.
He does not want to win any war with ETH. He wants to have his dose of narcissism, make excuses and in the end, make sure he can piss off

Siorac

No offence but you should probably take a step back and reevaluate how you view famous people if your heart is broken by this. Ronaldo has always been a narcissistic cnut of a man. Always. I'd worry for anyone who sees this interview and is surprised by his behaviour, as it's nothing new

Secondly, Messi has always been the greatest, by some distance. Only a few dipshit United and Sporting fans ever thought any different
Exactly. Anyone who is surprised by this hasn't paid attention for the last two decades.

Rossa

I've defended Ronaldo up until this point, and I still regard him as one of the best players of all time. However, his petulance and disrespect for the manager and teammates in these last few months have been atrocious. He may have a point that the club did not support him, I don't know, and that ETH may have disrespected him, again I don't know. That is still no excuse for giving interviews like this. He is downright disloyal towards his employer, and as such, his contract should be terminated without any financial compensation. He has tainted his legacy as a United player, and he may think that fans still back him to the hilt, but they don't, not anymore.

Lesser players are greater legends than he is, even before this outburst. Unfortunately for him and the club, he will no longer be regarded a club legend. A great player no doubt, but being a club legend is about much more than just being a great player. I do wonder what Ferguson makes of this, and if he will comment on it.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Football's Donald Trump :lol:

My dislike for Ronaldo always felt at least a bit irrational. No longer.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
It makes the decision to play him 90 minutes in all of the previous three games and even give him captaincy even more ridiculous. I would like to think this is the end of him here but there’s definitely a world in which he is still starting games for us in the second half of season. Hope he’s in MLS soon though.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I am going to be supporting Argentina in this worldcup. Argentina win will be the final dagger throughout the heart of his GOAT status in his head. It will be even sweeter if Messi is injured for the final and coaching from the sidelines.
The coaching from the sidelines thing has always been hilarious. Sent his fangirls into ruptures and convinced them that he's one of the great leaders of men we've seen in the sport which was always a comical claim.

devilish

He does not want to win any war with ETH. He wants to have his dose of narcissism, make excuses and in the end, make sure he can piss off
I think he's forcing the club to release him. Its that simple. The more time he spends on our bench/making a fool of himself on the pitch the more damage it will cause to his career.

Real Name

It makes the decision to play him 90 minutes in all of the previous three games and even give him captaincy even more ridiculous. I would like to think this is the end of him here but there’s definitely a world in which he is still starting games for us in the second half of season. Hope he’s in MLS soon though.
Not a chance.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I think he's forcing the club to release him. Its that simple. The more time he spends on our bench/making a fool of himself on the pitch the more damage it will cause to his career.
One of his ultimate goals, yes. And what a cnutish way to do it

devilish

Actually it made him look more petulant. The club even said that he used 'illness' as an excuse so he'll have time to do the interview. That defeats Ronaldo's argument that he would never hide behind excuses not to attend preseason training.

amolbhatia50k

Maybe it was to avoid him giving a bitch ass interview like this

Ladron de redcafe

He's timed the interview with the WC and as December transfer window is in sight. Yes, seems he has played his last game.
If so, his last season at the club (half a season) is as follows:

3 goals (2 non-penalty goals), 2 assists in 16 matches (1051 minutes)
1 man of the match award
Average match rating: 6.78
25 shots per goal
6 successful dribbles
3 key passes

This could not have been a worse way to go out, if he tried.

Spoony

The People's President
Which nutter wanted him back at the club? Yes, I'm bitter about him turning into a great player at Real where he played out his peak before coming back as an OAP to his *cough* spiritual home. Ronaldo's a winner, he'll turn United players into winners with his attitude. What a load of nonsense his mates peddle in the media eh.

Mmm-Qatarian

Further vindicating the people who said that this guy was probably one of the main reasons that the dressing room became so toxic last season.

People were randomly pinning it on Rashford, Maguire and Shaw as though it was some coincidence that everything fell apart once Homelander walked through the doors.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Ronaldo is SAF's product. He still think that United work the same way it did when the legend was there. SAF had always kicked trouble makers out of the club ASAP even if that meant losing money out of it. Keane for example was kicked out the moment that dreadful interview on MUTV saw the light of day. Many players had exploited SAF's no nonsense. RVN for example started becoming an arse the moment Real came knocking at his door while Kanchelskis went to play for Russia despite knowing fully well what the consequences were. Ronaldo probably think that United will now panic and release him.
Yeah, good point.

I can't see us doing anything to facilitate this, he's coming across as a massive entitled bell end.

devilish

One of his ultimate goals, yes. And what a cnutish way to do it
Well it worked all the time under SAF. He'd sell players often on the cheap to avoid this drama. Even Rooney tried that trick once as well but the gaffer wasn't having it. Let's see how ETH reacts to it.

Siorac

That's what I'm saying man. If a man has already shown he has an agenda and doesnt always say it like it is, then I cannot say later that Neville only said it because its his job to tell the truth. We already established he doesnt always do that, so maybe he should have protected his ex teammate, like he protects Harry Maguire, Harry Kane or Ole.
But surely the point is that he shouldn't have protected Maguire and Ole. That's when he failed to do his actual job, not when he criticised Ronaldo.

amolbhatia50k

Which nutter wanted him back at the club? Yes, I'm bitter about him turning into a great player at Real where he played out his peak before coming back as an OAP to his *cough* spiritual home. Ronaldo's a winner, he'll turn United players into winners with his attitude. What a load of nonsense his mates peddle in the media eh.
Always felt this was a stupid idea. Every year the same silly rumors but I never thought we've be daft enough to make it happen. Despite all the romanticism and giddiness over him 'coming home' it really has proven to be a terrible decision.

Redlyn

I don't get why we don't just have his contract mutually terminated? Why do we need a buyer?

Woodzy

Further vindicating the people who said that this guy was probably one of the main reasons that the dressing room became so toxic last season.

People were randomly pinning it on Rashford, Maguire and Shaw as though it was some coincidence that everything fell apart once Homelander walked through the doors.
Yep. I think his quotes about Rangick etc. solidifies it, especially since the wording is very similar to the stories the press were leaking at the time.

It makes you think that a lot of what the press were reporting at that time was probably true.

Still convinced this interview was done at the start of the season too.

I am not comparing like for like. However you do agree that a manager role in the middle of a crisis is to rally the troops not to feck off to a holiday. Which leads back to what I said. Most people in football see their role as a job. Its naïve to think otherwise.
You're comparing him to one of the most incompetent managers this club has ever had. Fans were angry Ole ran off like that but looking back it wasn't surprising, he had bottled it. A proper manager wouldn't have done anything like that and neither should a player.

amolbhatia50k

Actually the whole point is to post before WC. After WC, most people will forget and Ronaldo will be back to scoring goals again.
Hopefully for another team. We need to move on and build a proper team rather than an old age support home.

AlexUTD

Most players/former players do. Ole went on holiday to Norway in the middle of a fecking crisis. Do you get attached to your job? Same thing.
Because he was bambi on ice,he had given up.

The point im trying to make is that Ronaldo did kick up a fuzz to go to Real Madrid to spend his best years there, Man Utd were never his dream just a stepping stone. He kicked up a fuzz to leave Juventus and now the same on a interview with that awful gasbag of a Arsenal supporter.

Lets not forget the summer "transfer" drama or walking off in the Spurs game. Its all about him.

Ronaldo fanbois loves him more than they love Manchester United club facts.

MyDevil

I now hope Portugal get kicked out from the group matches and he doesn't score a single goal.

Abraxas

The amusing thing about all this is Ronaldo is probably vain enough to believe that this shock tactic is enough to make any difference to anything.

It's not, it gets traction because he's Cristiano Ronaldo and it's Man Utd. It sells as news. But from a footballing point of view, he makes little difference. He's not in our best team and he has not made a large impact when used. He may be a legend of football but he's not a legend of this club, we don't need to protect a relationship. It just helps to achieve ETHs ends, mainly that he doesn't want Ronaldo in his sides and probably never has.

Also, if he thinks this helps his cause in the market then he's delusional as well. I think most reputable clubs already took a dim view of his antics balanced against what he actually produces these days before he said this. Hence why nobody was heavily in for him.

Woodzy

Sir Alex.
To be fair, a lot of us did but I do think a large factor was that we didn’t want to see him playing for City either.

The fact that Ronaldo was going to join City in the first place shows how little his attachment for the club was. His attachment was to Fergie and nothing else, and unfortunately it’s bitten us in the arse.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
I predict we won't see him again. He's off to the WC and after that I reckon he'll just not come back (probably stay in Portugal). I hope for his sake he's got another club lined up, because he's burnt all his bridges with us.

Spoony

The People's President
I predict we won't see him again. He's off to the WC and after that I reckon he'll just not come back (probably stay in Portugal). I hope for his sake he's got another club lined up, because he's burnt all his bridges with us.
He'll know burn his bridges at Sporting now. Probably.

Castia

Wow just woke up to the news. I’m more annoyed that smug Arsenal prick Piers Morgan is gloating throughout the whole thing.

I guess it’s over for Ronnie after that. An absolute legend of the game who will be remembered as one of the best but he shouldn’t be starting every week in the PL at 38 years old.

Its annoying knowing he missed a game because he was ‘ill’ when he was really dropping this shitty interview on the club. We should just offer him a mutual termination.

He makes some good points tough about the facilities it’s a disgrace to be honest.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Woke up, took a shower, made myself nice cup of coffee, took my phone, click Caf, thinking it will be happy place after last night..
First thread...this one... it must be joke... what?
37 pages to read.. it is a joke, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.