Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
So a shambles not wanting to take on an old player on a 2 year deal with massive wages in an area we have a top class old player on a 1 year deal?
simple get rid of useless martial and get his ridiculous £250,000 a week Off the books. Ronaldo would score more goals in 2 seasons for us than martial has scored in his Whole united career. Cavani is great but can be injury prone.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
True, although we should get closer to double.

Lingard: £30M
Bailly: £30M
Pereira: £25M
Dalot: £25M
Tuanzebe: £20M
Chong: £15M
Jones: £10M
Mata: £5M or free.

That's, conservatively, £145-150M. That would fund Haaland's contract and release clause and we'd have some left over.
We will give contracts to half of those and then send them out on loan.

20m from above lot is max I think we will get at the end of their manutd career.

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City

That's, conservatively, £145-150M. That would fund Haaland's contract and release clause and we'd have some left over.
That's.... quite optimistic.

Strelok

simple get rid of useless martial and get his ridiculous £250,000 a week Off the books. Ronaldo would score more goals in 2 seasons for us than martial has scored in his Whole united career. Cavani is great but can be injury prone.
I'd sell Martial then use that money and wages to get Haaland next summer. Signing Ronaldo back and our wages budget simply won't be able to afford Haaland. We're not those oil clubs.

Judas

Open to offers

Some of those figures are batshit insane. The idea of a team paying over 20m for the likes of Andreas or Bailly :lol:

If Chong has a brilliant loan this summer we might get an ok figure for him next summer. But chances are we'll randomly keep hold of him instead.

Last edited:

mu4c_20le

It will be a failure because the reason he was bought was to take them to another level. Instead they regressed lo
When you acquire a player like that it's normal to have expectations, however I think he neither succeeded nor failed, because he did deliver, 2x player of the year, top scorer , people like to say he only scores goals but goals win you games, and he won a ton of points for them. If he won them the cl then it wouldn't just be a success, he'd be the undisputable GOAT.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Ronaldo has always been about Ronaldo. He knows that goalscorers always get attention hence he has pretty much focused on that through his career.

BTW sorry to @RedRonaldo @SportingCP96 et al but if he does leave Juve, his time there will be considered a failure when all is said and done. Apparently according to you fanboys he had the ability to single handedly win the UCL but his time at Juve has overwhelmingly proven otherwise. People forget the other 10 world class players at Madrid who facilitated his tap ins.

Agreed interms of consistent threat in a game. I hated him and feared him when he played vs us. But now that le Arse are shit, I can accept it without issue.

The thing about Ronaldo (even in his prime) is that many a times he can be completely shit or anonymous all game but still score a hat trick. Than everything bad about his performance is forgotten. That is probably what makes him such a dangerous opponent even more than Henry; it's like playing against some two faced terrorist.

I remember our matches vs Madrid in 2013. We stopped him easily but he still managed to poach the all important goals in both legs. Ditto the Madrid matches vs Wolfsburg, vs Bayern, vs Atletico and United matches vs Liverpool in 08/09, Arsenal in 07/08 etc

Interms of all round play, they are and have never been at the same level but Ronaldo's goals and longevity mean the rest is ignored and he is rightfully considered one of the greats (top 5 or at worst top 10).
If his time in Juventus is considered a failure, Messi at Barca in past 6 years is also failure, according to your standard.

choccy77

We should just do a swap with Juve.

Lingard, Bailey, Pereira, Jones for Ronaldos right foot.

dan1509

You guys aren't looking at the bright side here. We have no chance of winning the league. At least Ronaldo to City all but seals Liverpool not winning another league title for the foreseeable future. City isn't our real rivals, they are just an oil team.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Can anybody tell us why we are not even making an attempt to try sign him? I just Can't believe we'll let Cithe have him.

Hulksmash

Can anybody tell us why we are not even making an attempt to try sign him? I just Can't believe we'll let Cithe have him.
Well according to Portugese Media Ronaldo called Sir Alex and wanted to return but the Glazers said No

vanrooney

big moves for cristiano and mbappe from city and real could be a blessing in disguise - there would be noone left competing for haaland and he will be the star of the show for the next 10 years. hope fletcher is preparing the powerpoint slides allready :)

Idxomer

If his time in Juventus is considered a failure, Messi at Barca in past 6 years is also failure, according to your standard.
The losses to Ajax, Lyon, and Porto in his time there were definitely not part of the plan. He then lost the league in his 3rd season with barely making the top 4. His time with Juve has been a massive failure, it's one of the reasons he wants to bail out now.

abailey123

Stinks of desperation from City.
Half a million quid a week for a 36 year old.
Does he fit a pep philosophy? Not a chance !

Strelok

His massive wages I think. I know our wages budget is pretty fecked up but signing him back would only make the matter much worse.

SER19

If we had spent the full summer chasing one striker, even turning down Messi, then tried to buy a 37 year old Ronaldo on a 2 year contract, i dont even want to know the reaction here. Thered be excitement of course but overall it would be called a panic buy with no planning

MichaelRed

Nothing conservative about getting 25m for Pereira.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Confirmation from Fabrizio that he did come to us first!
There is nothing in that suggest he came to us first.

His agent is shopping him around and there are only so many clubs who can pay his 500k p/w salary.

MrEleson

There is nothing in that suggest he came to us first.

His agent is shopping him around and there are only so many clubs who can pay his 500k p/w salary.
What suggests he didn’t? It’s more logical that’s what happened than anything else.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Too early in the day to be playing FM mate.

meamth

This is not like RVP went to United, during the peak of his powers.

Come on lads, this is Ronaldo collecting his retirement money and taking the easy ride for the title.

Pretty much like Lampard to Citteh.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Harsh to call someone in their mid 30’s a massive failure for not winning the champions league for a team that is pretty meh (especially when he bangs in 30 goals). I know people will say that’s why they signed Ronaldo, well that was Juve’s own stupid fault.

I think Ronaldo (and Messi) any more UCL’s is a bonus and not really an expectation anymore.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
His massive wages I think. I know our wages budget is pretty fecked up but signing him back would only make the matter much worse.
Why on earth did we reject a proposal from Inter Milan for Martial who's on enormous wage, when this has been made known to us, I just don't understand this club.

Well according to Portugese Media Ronaldo called Sir Alex and wanted to return but the Glazers said No

Judas

Open to offers
It seems to me people downplaying this move either don't care because they stopped liking Ronaldo years ago, fair enough. Or they like Ronaldo so much and are trying to justify it to themselves so they can still act like giddy school girls over him.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
That may be his justification when asked. Since you did not want him, he had no other option

MrEleson

Harsh to call someone in their mid 30’s a massive failure for not winning the champions league for a team that is pretty meh (especially when he bangs in 30 goals). I know people will say that’s why they signed Ronaldo, well that was Juve’s own stupid fault.

I think Ronaldo (and Messi) any more UCL’s is a bonus and not really an expectation anymore.
Most sensible Juve fans consider him great for them but failed by the team.

meamth

To be fair Juventus has this stupid obsession of signing old strikers for massive amount of money. Weird bunch.

70 odd million to Higuain,
100 odd million to Ronaldo.

Stupid.

MinGin

I do think our strategy of strikers will keep Cavani / Greenwood / Martial in that position this season and try to get Haaland next season with rediculous money. Cavani will not demand a "MUST' startup strikers position but Ronaldo will, no matter what form of him.
Also, aged Ronaldo with mega salary will repeat Sanchez's case. Maybe SAF will but i don't think Ole will do that.

Longshanks

Strange signing if he ends up at city. He will score goals no doubt but coming to the EPL at 36 will he be able to cope with pace and physicality of it? Or will he be nursing injuries and niggles all the time because of it?

And he is very much not a Pep player, he is an individual with a big ego who doesn't play to much of a structure or with discipline he kind of does his own thing on the pitch.

GueRed

he left United 12 years ago calm down.

personally it would've properly hurt if he left us straight to City.

but will he tarnish his legacy? 100% no question

Idxomer

Juve didn't lose to any team better than them on paper in the last 3 years, they definitely failed there and he was awful in the games against Porto. They lost the league last season and finished behind Atalanta, that was mostly due to Pirlo but it's a failure nonetheless.

Kopral Jono

Ronaldo is one player who brought my late grandfather great joy on his last days. ‘Best United player since George Best,’ he would repeteadly say. Him moving to City feels like a massive betrayal personally.

Oldtraffordboy

It's hilarious reading through this thread and seeing people make claims that Ronaldo is "past it" or "finished" or "won't improve City"

His goal return in the past two seasons is 36 and 37.

But yeah, he's shot to bits! :lol:
Juve have suffered overall though. Not just due to Ronaldo obviously.

But you must understand the difference between personal stats and team dynamics.

Status
Not open for further replies.