Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khalif_20

What is his actual level these days?

Say he comes to United, are we still talking about an undisputed first pick?

How would United need to adapt to fit him in?
27 league goals in 2020, more than anyone else in top 5 leagues. Goal every 73 minutes.

Don't think we have anyone at United who would challenge his "undisputed first pick" status in attack :lol:

The only sign of his ageing is that he doesn't press much, but that would be covered by Bruno running like a madman in the second striker position behind him.

Just imagine PP playing his trademark weighted through balls to CR7...

Last edited:

jackal&hyde

Would be a dream to have him for a couple of seasons. Can score goals for fun and is an amazing professional.

SirAF

Ageist
LAST MOMENT: our sources in Manchester and Porto confirm that Manchester United tempted Cristiano Ronaldo with a return to the club for next season. The Portuguese analyzes it. Juventus would negotiate it if he asks for it.

:eek:
Validity of this journo?

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
God I’d still take him back in a heartbeat, what a player. The reality is though, these rumours happen every year and there’s nothing in them. Funnily enough though, I actually think we now have a team that could accommodate him pretty well. Imagine an attack of

Rashford/Martial—Ronaldo—Greenwood

MS4

Imagine if we had bought him 2 years ago instead of Juve.
So many called the transfer pointless etc. He would be the one who would have shot us to #1 and not #14
Had been worth every million. We did not dodge a bullet, we missed a bargain

Deery

Dreary
No as much as I love Ronaldo he had plenty of chances to come back and used us like a bargaining tool, he can go to France (literally).

El Zoido

Can’t see him coming back with us not being at the top any more. He’ll want to continue to pad his records & trophy haul, which is why PSG makes the most sense. Even if he came back he wouldn’t make us title winners, but god I’d love to see it. Get Rashford and Greenwood to learn everything they can from him!

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Yes, I would swap a 36 year old world class forward for a bench player.

troylocker

27 league goals in 2020, more than anyone else in top 5 leagues. Goal every 73 minutes.

Don't think we have anyone at United who would challenge his "undisputed first pick" status in attack :lol:

The only sign of his ageing is that he doesn't press much, but that would be covered by Bruno running like a madman in the second striker position behind him.

Just imagine PP playing his trademark weighted through balls to CR7...
Amazing how he's been able to still be as leathal as he is. His stats are still "penalty inflated" though.
14 his 37 league goals this and last season are from the penalty spot. 23 goals from 37 matches from open play and freekicks is still pretty good though. 140 minutes/goal from open play.

Comparing to the three most prolific strikers in the top 5 leagues in the same period:
Lewandowski has scored 45 league goals this season and the last in the same amount of games (37). 7 of them from the spot. 85 minutes/goal from open play.
Haaland has scored 19 league goals for Dortmund since he joined in January in 21 games. Only one from the spot (has never missed a penalty in his career). 85 minutes/goal from open play.
Mbappe has scored 25 league goals for PSG in the same period (26 games). 2 of them from the spot. 85 minutes/goal from open play.

I think it is safe to say that Ronaldo is fantastic, but is not the most prolific striker out there right now. Massive qudos to him for still being relevant in the discussion! Still good enough to play first fiddle here and should definitely bench Martial if he returned here.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Be hilarious if City got Messi and we signed Ronaldo though. The hype around the PL and the derby would be biblical.

Judas

Open to offers
I hate that I'd still have him back here, it's silly on some levels, but his mentality and dedication to win would be an amazing attribute to add to this team, its seriously lacking.

I don't believe, but I'd be happy to drive the muppet train if the whispers get a bit stronger.

MartinRed

It would be nice to see him wearing Manchester red one more time.Think it will be good for the youngsters to be around him for a season.Although I think he will go to PSG just to get a league medal for another Europe's top flight trying to settle the Messi debate once and for all.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
I’d take him back providing it doesn’t interrupt our other transfer plans. We need a first choice centre back and defensive midfielder way more than we need a very expensive old superstar striker.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He needs to stop pulling this schtick and just ask for a new contract at his club.
If he were younger and football wasn't in the midst of a huge financial crisis, this might be true.

I'd take him here, mainly for his attitude and ambition, but I wouldn't mind seeing him at PSG either.

HowYouDoin

Gosh I hate this. Its like an old girlfriend you still cant say no to. :lol:
Bet we all have one of those.

We shouldnt do this at all no way no how but how do you say no.

HowYouDoin

He will still be one of the best strikers in the world the next 2 or 3 years...just saying.

troylocker

Sorry guys, but we cannot sign a 36 year old with a biggerthantheclub/God complex on 700k a week. I love Ronnie, but this just can't happen!

HowYouDoin

Sorry guys, but we cannot sign a 36 year old with a biggerthantheclub/God complex on 700k a week. I love Ronnie, but this just can't happen!
Agree 100 %. We absolutely shouldnt do it, we shouldnt even think about it, its ridculous. You would need to be seriously out of your mind to even consider it.

Thats why....lets do it!!! Ronnie is coming home!!!

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I agree. What would be the point of signing him besides sentimental value and him getting even richer? He alone wouldn’t make United challenge for the title and would therefore be a bridge striker on absolutely insane wages.

Mike Smalling

Isn't this a bit late at this point? If only he had come here instead of Juve in 2018.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
How long is this guy going to play for? I mean he's definitely declined from the player he once was but I could honestly see him in his 40's still at a top level club. Age is completely irrelevant to him. Absolute freak.

matsdf

Isn't this a bit late at this point? If only he had come here instead of Juve in 2018.
People said it was late already in 2015, and people will continue to say it's too late.

With Cristiano, I don't think it's over until it's over.

El Zoido

I agree. What would be the point of signing him besides sentimental value and him getting even richer? He alone wouldn’t make United challenge for the title and would therefore be a bridge striker on absolutely insane wages.
It would give the team an enormous mental boost to line up with him. And our strikers could learn a lot from being around him, seeing his attitude to training, self-improvement, commitment on the pitch, etc. Overall it’s a difficult one to justify though.

Status
Not open for further replies.