Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Pep Guardiola: “Cristiano will decide where he wants to play. Not Man City, not myself.”

Maybe its not as nailed on as thought

RedDevil@84

:eek::eek::eek:

Did not expect that at all. Expect the usual “we don’t talk about other players” line but now Ronaldo can’t say we didn’t want him. He will have turned us down and everyone will know it. Well done Ole and the club.
I see it the other way round. If he joins City, Ole has made sure that the fans know very well that who is the bad man here. The club cant be accused of inaction or anything and letting him go easily into rival's hands.

Castia

This will go down as one of the best signings ever. A club legend coming back with the aim of firing us back to the top!

Trying not to get excited but fecking hell

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
If United are in for him it should be a no brainer for Ronaldo. Its will be the most romantic thing ever. If he goes to City, fotball is dead.

Godfather

No, it’s positive PR for us. It can’t now be claimed we weren’t interested, and it gets the fans off the Glazers back for just “letting” him go to City. Smart comments.
Yeah could be a PR spin. Wish he hadn't said it though. Now fans actually want to believe

spiriticon

This is interesting. It feels from Ole's comments that we are exploring our options. He may very well still end up at City but I think we are exploring.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Well... Ole could have shut this down instantly, but instead he stokes the fire. Fantastic
It’s just emotional blackmail to make it look like we were in for him but he didn’t want us. Just to appease fans who'll be raging when this happens. Blame Ronaldo not us. There’s always a place for him here… like when he was going to Juve. It’s not happening guys. He’s not nearly as good as he once was either. We get ronaldo we can say goodbye to any notion of getting haaland next year. I prefer to go longer term.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yeah could be a PR spin. Wish he hadn't said it though. Now fans actually want to believe
No way he says that if we aren't trying. Not a chance. He'd just brush it off.

Lyng

My thoughts are if, and it's a big IF, he does come back here, it's probably going to be a combination of the Glazers seeing big merch possibilities and the fact that if he went to City, they fear an incredible backlash from the fans. After what happened last season, and the promises they've made (which are meaningless, i know), maybe they see this as being a way to build big bridges and a PR win for them?
I think the former is probably the biggest reason. The glazers have done these pr signings before for their NFL team.

Nick7

He's obviously a fantastic player, but I'd be quite peeved if we ended the window signing him and not a midfielder.

DoomSlayer

What a great man Ole is. Making sure the whole world knows that if Ronaldo chooses City, it's not because we don't want him back but because he doesn't want to play for our club.

doomy20

Imagine the pure love he would get at a full OT after 1.5 years of Covid - just wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.