Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazmodo

I'm watching Pep's news conference at the moment on Sky, either he has a brilliant poker face or he's not about to sign Ronaldo...

RUCK4444

Ole just make it happen. You know the score.

We have to stop them signing him more than we need the signing. Just one of them things, has to be done.

Strats

After those quotes from Ole, Ronaldo choosing City over us would be even more of a stab in the back.

Castia

This will end in tears

Why in the hell would we even entertain the questions though if there wasn't a chance of him coming back? i'm trying not to get excited myself but if we knew one of our legendary players was on the verge of joining City surely we'd be distancing ourselves?

Santos J

I am utterly baffled, I’m going to still tell myself he’s City bound.
Yeah been resigned to the fact that he was going City and it would be annoying as feck to see him there but this has pulled me right in ffs :lol:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
No, it’s positive PR for us. It can’t now be claimed we weren’t interested, and it gets the fans off the Glazers back for just “letting” him go to City. Smart comments.
How so? Us losing out to City looks good on us? The smart thing would be to say we are happy with the attackers we have and don't have space for him, he was a legend in the past but it's in the past.

Now its either we get him or we lose out to City signing Uniteds legend, which paints an awful picture.

croadyman

He's obviously a fantastic player, but I'd be quite peeved if we ended the window signing him and not a midfielder.
IF it was anyone else other than him or Messi totally agree but this is blockbuster territory

redshaw

Ole with a glimmer of hope.

I remember Ronaldo saying something like he like to play for United again before he retires, maybe he's really trying to get it done?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Ole is saying nice things about his ex team mate. There is absolutely nothing to insinuate we will get Ronaldo over City. He's made his decision it seems - according to pretty much every report, he's City bound.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Why in the hell would we even entertain the questions though if there wasn't a chance of him coming back? i'm trying not to get excited myself but if we knew one of our legendary players was on the verge of joining City surely we'd be distancing ourselves?
You would think so! These comments either make it success or complete failure. If we weren't going for him you'd think we would just say he's a part of our past but not the future and thats that.

United Hobbit

Who would people have preferred City to have got of the 2, Ronaldo or Messi? (Obviously neither but if we had to accept them having one?)

I wonder if that's why they didn't persue Messi as they knew Ronaldo would become available

IF he came here, where would he play and who's spot would he take? I don't think he will, but I think we'd need to do a Cavani type one year deal with option for another year.

I dread to think what wage he's on....

Status
Not open for further replies.