Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolaholic

It's obvious who hasn't watched Ronaldo in years from the posts around here.

Also weird how Juve has gone backwards with a guy who supposedly raises the team several levels above. He's in a top 4 battle this season.
To be fair, Juventus have struggled a bit in the market since Marotta left them for Inter.

They haven't been finding cheap gems left and right like they used to, their core has aged and they've signed a few duds (outside of McKinnie, De Ligt and Bernadeschi) since then.

This is the weakest Juventus side in years in terms of depth and their midfield has been poor for a few seasons running now so the fact that he's still put up formidable scoring numbers is impressive.

Dropping him into this talented United side would net him at least 20 goals in the league easily which would make him our first 20 goal scorer in the league in ages.

He might not be what he used to be, who is at 36? :lol:, but he's still one of the 5-10 deadliest forwards in the world in my eyes

TheRedDevil2019

For the reported 26mil with his wages, I'd take him for that. Deduct merch sales and all the pr that would come with the signing. United would earn back at least 20% of the outlay. Then you have a player that can still offer game-changing moments on the pitch and a winning, elite-level mentality that would obviously raise/elevate that of those around him.

I'd take him for 2 seasons given the circumstances listed above.

Offsideagain

I loved Ronaldo when he was with United, but now he is what we should be looking at. Short term at best although he has offered to reduce his salary to £20m pa, big of him that. Thanks but no thanks.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
For the reported 26mil with his wages, I'd take him for that. Deduct merch sales and all the pr that would come with the signing. United would earn back at least 20% of the outlay. Then you have a player that can still offer game-changing moments on the pitch and a winning, elite-level mentality that would obviously raise/elevate that of those around him.

I'd take him for 2 seasons given the circumstances listed above.
What reported wages?
Juve are paying him almost 55mil€ a year and that's just the base salary without bonuses. Do you really think he'd lower his wages to come to Utd? Get real

Suedesi

No thanks - marvelous player, but he made quite a fuss to leave us for Madrid and at 36 he's not what we need.

Sorry Cristiano, maybe go to Portugal and repay Sporting for a few seasons if you're feeling sentimental?

Zlaatan

Parody Account
You need to rewatch the two matches in Paris kid
I guess that makes you the grandpa who needs to read my post again.

Edit: Unless you're saying that PSG didn't dominate the game in 2019 and that we weren't "pretty evenly matched" in this seasons game?

Last edited:

TheRedDevil2019

What reported wages?
Juve are paying him almost 55mil€ a year and that's just the base salary without bonuses. Do you really think he'd lower his wages to come to Utd? Get real
Get real? Articles are stating Ronaldo has told his agent (Mendes) he would take a large pay cut to return...perhaps you should get real.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Dean/DDG
Bissaka Lindelof Maguire Shaw
McT Fred
Rashford/Greenwood Bruno Pogba
Cavani​

This is our latest XI and probably our best and most balanced XI this season especially against the top 10-12 sides. We are not far from challenging the major trophies so it's important to keep these players and try to sign players to improve the XI.

And if one of those player is leaving then it makes sense to replace him with same or higher level/standard of player. If Cavani leaves then it makes sense that his replacement shouldn't be Ings or DCL or Tammy Abraham because none of those players are top level player.

Personally, I go with Sancho and move Rashford/Greenwood as striker if Cavani leaves but that's only because I don't think top class striker like Kane or Ronaldo will be available. However, If Cavani leaves, Ronaldo is available then it's no brainer decision. Ronaldo scored 25 league goals in 26 starts, 4 UCL goals in 6 games this season, he still can deliver next season.

Gandalf

You know this club, we will negotiate for a superstar player all summer with multiple CL winners medals and we will be made to think its Ronaldo and at the last minute they will unveil Bale, probably in a straight swap for Pogba.

SamVimes

No one in the history of the game is more synonymous with no. 7 than Cristiano.
Are you for real. Just off the top off my head, Man United players that wore the number 7 jersey,
Bryan Robson
George Best
Eric Cantona
David Beckham

All above Ronaldo. No offence, go back to playing Fortnite.

dinostar77

No thanks - marvelous player, but he made quite a fuss to leave us for Madrid and at 36 he's not what we need.

Sorry Cristiano, maybe go to Portugal and repay Sporting for a few seasons if you're feeling sentimental?
Exactly. He's past his best. Portugal play better without him in the team. Juventus will probably play better without him. Once a great player now a anchor who drags you down.

AaronRedDevil

Exactly. He's past his best. Portugal play better without him in the team. Juventus will probably play better without him. Once a great player now a anchor who drags you down.
Past his best is still miles better then what we have. Those teams you mentioned already have a great full squad. If anything our play style would suit him. Put him in the same position as martial, greenwood or Rashford has missed and he'll finished 90% of those chances. That's the improvement. He's the player that will win you the league. And right now that's priceless. But in saying that, united should get him if his wage is within reason. Not paying out the ass for him.

Oldyella

He left us to spend his peak years elsewhere and now his career is coming to an end wants to spend a year or two playing up on goodwill to get one last big payday. No thanks.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
If Pogba didn't resign, how would that effect Bruno? We have to consider these things. The players don't care if Ronaldo is 36. They don't care. If we had Ronaldo this season, we'd probably be top. People are being short sighted here. It would be irony of course Ronaldo in the centre and the cross taking an age to come in :) but as long as we still got Sancho who I thinks important then that would be a big statement and hopefully Van Der Beek comes good but we don't know what will happen. If Pogba stays/resigns that would be a big boost also and if Ronaldo were still available? His age don't mean a thing. People rarely consider the knock on effects. We learnt from Ruud, when we sold becks as an example...these things can have a big impact on players and Ronaldo at United would probably see Bruno resign sooner rather then later.

Red Royal

Ronaldo cant be bothered to jump in a defensive wall any more... dont want, even though he has been absolutely World Class for years.

Falcow

Agree, hope we steer well clear. 37 next February. He is passed it and the team would be bent too far out of shape trying to accommodate him. He would also kick up a fuss if not started every game, cant see him accepting a squad role.

pascell

No chance. For our club maybe, but do other football fans really look at Cantona the same way United fans do?
Depends which age bracket you ask I guess. I was born in the 90s and when I think United no.7s, I do think of Cantona first and foremost and then Beckham, Best and Robson before Ronaldo.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Are you for real. Just off the top off my head, Man United players that wore the number 7 jersey,
Bryan Robson
George Best
Eric Cantona
David Beckham

All above Ronaldo. No offence, go back to playing Fortnite.
None of these are remotely close to Ronaldo in terms of global stature.

None of these are remotely close to Ronaldo in terms of global stature.
I don’t doubt that. But when I think of Ronaldo, I don’t think of the no 7. How much does that actually mean to clubs outside of United? Do other clubs embrace that no, in the same way United fans do? Don’t think so.

When I see no 7, it’s Cantona.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
that’s what I see too when I watch Juve since he joined. Feeding Ronny is making them one dimensional. having that as our main tactic isn’t going to be pretty.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I don’t doubt that. But when I think of Ronaldo, I don’t think of the no 7. How much does that actually mean to clubs outside of United? Do other clubs embrace that no, in the same way United fans do? Don’t think so.

Yeah I'd agree with that. At United, Eric is the most notable #7 among the fanbase. I'd also say that the fact so many recent #7s have been average by historical standards (Owen, Valencia, Depay, DiMaria, Sanchez...) has devalued the entire concept as a whole.

Yeah I'd agree with that. At United, Eric is the most notable #7 among the fanbase. I'd also say that the fact so many recent #7s have been average by historical standards (Owen, Valencia, Depay, DiMaria, Sanchez...) has devalued the entire concept as a whole.
Ronaldo is clearly the superior player, but cantona is an iconic player.

deffo agree about the shirt being devalued. Ironically since Ronaldo left.

Spoony

The People's President

For me it's Bryan Robson's number. 7 was my fav number because of Robbo. Cantona is iconic, but I always associate him with the collars up rather than any number. As for Ronaldo he wasn't here long enough and aside from a couple of great seasons he was young and learning. The man's a Real legend...I bet he's one of their biggest ones.

redrobed

I will consider this move if he apologises and admits it was a mistake to ever leave

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Obviously Ronaldo is greatest player to ever wear the Nr 7 shirt for United, but he spent the majority of his prime at Real Madrid. I think Ronaldo, George Best, Cantona and Beckham were all incredibly iconic for nr. 7's for United. Beckham celebrity profile was probably close to the same while he was here, same with George best, but in terms of Influence whilst counting european succes it's between Ronaldo and Best.

Red4Life_#7

Definitely passed his best, but on a free 100%. He pays for himself in merchandising and gurantees goals.

Jericholyte2

To everyone saying he's past it or that we don't want him, he's scored 77 goals in 92 league games over the last 3 years (1 goal per 108mins, give or take). He's played 31, 33 and 28 league games in these years so hasn't been injured and has scored 21, 31 and 25 league goals in these respective seasons. Can any of our attackers come even close to those figures? Apart from Haaland or Kane, who could close to getting those kind of numbers?

This wouldn't just be a nostalgia transfer, we'd still be getting on of the top 10 players in the world.

El Jefe

Don't want him at all. Everything becomes about him and his records at this stage. Players feel obligated to pass to him on most attacks even if someone else is in a better position.

He'll be a bit like how Ibrahimovic was for us and I'll be honest I wasn't the biggest fan of Zlatan here.

Cavani is the perfect model of an experienced quality striker. He is humble and came to the team with no ego. Doesn't berate his team mates for looking for solutions that don't involve him, doesn't throw his toys out the pram when benched and most importantly does a great amount of work off the ball. He's very much a part of the team and doesn't appear to believe he's above the team.

Not saying Ronaldo isn't a good team mate but the circus around him in the media and his fanboys can create a toxic environment around the club if their golden boy doesn't score all the goals and break every record possible.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
To everyone saying he's past it or that we don't want him, he's scored 77 goals in 92 league games over the last 3 years (1 goal per 108mins, give or take). He's played 31, 33 and 28 league games in these years so hasn't been injured and has scored 21, 31 and 25 league goals in these respective seasons.

Can any of our attackers come even close to those figures? Apart from Haaland or Kane, who could close to getting those kind of numbers?
I would love him back but those numbers are heavily inflated by the ridiculous penalty rules in Serie A. Especially last season where they were winning penalties every other game by deliberately aiming for the opponent's hand.

Jericholyte2

I would love him back but those numbers are heavily inflated by the ridiculous penalty rules in Serie A. Especially last season where they were winning penalties every other game by deliberately aiming for the opponent's hand.
To be fair aiming at an opposition player's hand would be quite a skill!

Status
Not open for further replies.