Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberman

We're just as good as three of the teams in the semi in this years CL imo.

With the right recruitment we could go far next season. With Ronaldo we would've destroyed PSG at OT this season.
I agree. I dont even know what a CL contender is supposed to be anymore, European football is so weak.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Sort of what we're missing, but only works if we don't have to shell out a big transfer fee. A swap deal or two way loan with De Gea could be interesting if Juventus are looking to sell.
More likely would be some sort of swap deal including Pogba IMO, given Pogba still likely wants out.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Don't see it. He wants to be at a CL challenging team, and I think we could do with a CF with the ability to press and hold the ball up.
It would be anther terrible 2013-2018 type transfer for us. Yes Ronaldo is amazing but his best years are behind him and his wages will be the biggest at the club by far. I don’t want to pay a player on the way down who did everything he could to leave us during his best years that kind of money. I’d much rather keep Cavani for another year at this point and use the wages elsewhere. Keeping Pogba would be a better investment. We could still get a big fee for PP in the next year or 2

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
That's an odd way to put it. Leicester are also as good as Chelsea right now. Maybe Ronaldo should go there instead. We're as good as Madrid and PSG? Sure thing :lol:
PSG might be a bit of a stretch, they do look strong strong now. But we did beat them away and really REALLY should've beat them at home. Lille's better though :smirk:

Real Madrid don't impress me. We could beat them.

jamesjimmybyrondean

You know how tv series always revives dead characters later on when they should have just stayed dead. That's how this deal looks to me

matsdf

As good as Madrid and PSG? feck no. Nobody does except a few on this forum
You did watch our games against PSG this season (the team that's currently sitting behind Lille by a point in Ligue 1)?
Real's 70 points in La Liga compared to our 66 (same amount of games) is not particularly scary either.

I'm not saying we are a better team than them, I'm just saying I would be confident going up against both teams.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
We're just as good as three of the teams in the semi in this years CL imo.

With the right recruitment we could go far next season. With Ronaldo we would've destroyed PSG at OT this season.
Except we got knocked out and they didnt.

OverratedOpinion

If his wages were not (rightly) what they are then I would still quite like to see it for a season, one of those rare times you can experience nostalgia and improve as a side simultaneously. Unfortunately he would cost nearly a million per week.

tjb

We don't have the squad to support him sadly. It's not about his prowess, he's still a top level attacker and I'm sure he will be that way for many years; but in our squad, even Cavani struggles with getting supply despite his movement. I don't want United to end Ronaldo's career, but it would if he came imo. We need to worry more about fixing the supply line ( having a much quicker build up really) than bring in Ronnie. Sign Paredes or Camavinga in midfield, bring in one of Sancho and Grealish. Ronnie should probably go to the US and end this thing on a high

jamesjimmybyrondean

We don't have the squad to support him sadly. It's not about his prowess, he's still a top level attacker and I'm sure he will be that way for many years; but in our squad, even Cavani struggles with getting supply despite his movement. I don't want United to end Ronaldo's career, but it would if he came imo. We need to worry more about fixing the supply line ( having a much quicker build up really) than bring in Ronnie. Sign Paredes or Camavinga in midfield, bring in one of Sancho and Grealish. Ronnie should probably go to the US and end this thing on a high
How is Greenwood Rashford Bruno Pogba VdB and Shaw not enough to supply Ronaldo. We have better creativity than Juve and Ronaldo is still banging in goals.

Jibbs

Ronaldo can still score 20 goals a season for at least 3 more years.
He can be as inspirational a signing as RVP given we get him for free. He turned 36 this year. Can easily play till 40.

Jibbs

Just feckin unbelievable both these guys are still top scorers in their respective leagues. People do not even talk about Messi and Ronaldo anymore. Still just casually they both have score 28 and 25 goals.

Threesus

Nah, I don’t want him back. He can go to MLS or something.

I just wish there was a way to buy Kane. Only him, Benzema and Lewandowski are complete strikers in the game today.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
People saying we don't want arguably the best player ever, in a position we are notably weak in, are deluded.

You can argue that it wouldn't be a wise investment for sure - but there's no point suggesting he doesn't raise us a few levels because he certainly does. I'd argue he'd put us in the discussion for both CL and PL.

RUCK4444

People saying we don't want arguably the best player ever, in a position we are notably weak in, are deluded.

You can argue that it wouldn't be a wise investment for sure - but there's no point suggesting he doesn't raise us a few levels because he certainly does. I'd argue he'd put us in the discussion for both CL and PL.
I know :lol: Some would rather see that lazy donkey Martial wonder around like a lost dog instead of CR7 ffs.

A 65 year old Ronaldo would genuinely have better movement and positioning than Martial.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
That's an odd way to put it. Leicester are also as good as Chelsea right now. Maybe Ronaldo should go there instead. We're as good as Madrid and PSG? Sure thing :lol:
Wtf is this nonsense? United and PSG have proven over the last few years to be an even match for each other. That isnt a classic Madrid side and we know we can play against Tuchel. You have had a mare with that post lad.

Jezpeza

Saw us linked with a 26m move for him. No way. If cavani leaves and if we got him for free, okay

Rolaholic

With Cavani on the way out, I'd definitely take him back as a short term option before he leaves for America if he's interested in a homecoming of sorts.

He'd have much better service playing with us than he does in Turin right now with their dreadful midfield.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Wtf is this nonsense? United and PSG have proven over the last few years to be an even match for each other. That isnt a classic Madrid side and we know we can play against Tuchel. You have had a mare with that post lad.
We were pretty evenly matched in our CL games this season, that's it. Over the last few years PSG have been a much, much better team than us and it's not even a debate. In 2019 they completely dominated both legs against us, it was a miracle that we won since they pinned us back the whole time missing a ton of chances and then basically gifted us all three goals in Paris.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Not sure if my math is right but Pogba's currently earning 15m per year to Ronaldo's 28m. So getting Ronaldo is basically like a 56m transfer and keeping Pogba is like a 30m transfer. We'd be saving 26m if we keep Pogba and not get Ronaldo. Ronaldo is more of a match winner than Pogba and there are more Pogba replacements out there than there are top strikers that guarantees goals so I think a Pogba Ronaldo swap is worth the 26m loss. Not sure if my math is right though

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Considering he wages and age, any team that pays a transfer fee for him is run by mugs.
Juve are desperate to get him off the wage bill.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Not sure if my math is right but Pogba's currently earning 15m per year to Ronaldo's 28m. So getting Ronaldo is basically like a 56m transfer and keeping Pogba is like a 30m transfer. We'd be saving 26m if we keep Pogba and not get Ronaldo. Ronaldo is more of a match winner than Pogba and there are more Pogba replacements out there than there are top strikers that guarantees goals so I think a Pogba Ronaldo swap is worth the 26m loss. Not sure if my math is right though
Ronaldo os on a lot more than that.

FerociousCorgis

i know prob wouldnt be a smart footballing move, but if we got ronaldo on a free would just be cool to see him back.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
We were pretty evenly matched in our CL games this season, that's it. Over the last few years PSG have been a much, much better team than us and it's not even a debate. In 2019 they completely dominated both legs against us, it was a miracle that we won since they pinned us back the whole time missing a ton of chances and then basically gifted us all three goals in Paris.
You need to rewatch the two matches in Paris kid

Pablo76

Haaland and Kane are out of our price range and when you look at other options left in the market for the CF position(Andre Silva, Vlahovic, Daryl Dike) Ronaldo is a no brainer. A direct swap with Pogba is the best deal we can make that suits all parties. We get Pogba off our books to avoid letting him go for free, Juve get Ronaldo off their books to free up their heavy wage bill, both players go back to old clubs where they`d be happy to spend their prime/twilight years at and both clubs solve problems witin their teams(for Utd a prolific goalscorer for Juve a creative midfielder)
:lol:

Cal?

CR7 fan
Doubt he’ll join us, but if he does he shouldn’t take Cavani’s number 7. Cavani has done that number justice so far.
No one in the history of the game is more synonymous with no. 7 than Cristiano.

Idxomer

It's obvious who hasn't watched Ronaldo in years from the posts around here.

Also weird how Juve has gone backwards with a guy who supposedly raises the team several levels above. He's in a top 4 battle this season.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
It's obvious who hasn't watched Ronaldo in years from the posts around here.

Also weird how Juve has gone backwards with a guy who supposedly raises the team several levels above. He's in a top 4 battle this season.
It's pretty obvious you haven't seen much of Juve then.

Ronaldo would make us title contenders overnight. No question.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
We aren't there yet. May be a CB and a RM will take us. But as things stand, they have one of the best squads and we are a level below.

This has nothing to do with the results we got against them

Status
Not open for further replies.