Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Don't see it. He wants to be at a CL challenging team, and I think we could do with a CF with the ability to press and hold the ball up.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
Would be a great signing as long as it is not too much. He will probably play until he is 40. He is fantastic striker of the football and he looks after himself. Guaranteed goals but will need service. Sancho, Verane and Ronaldo would be amazing. I can't see it happening if Cavani stays. For me CF....Greenwood and Cavani/Ronaldo, RW....Sancho and Diallo, LW....Rashford and Martial, is enough. Daniel james could be sold. Pillestri could get a few cameos. Maybe add a DM.

dinostar77

Are there any proper sources for this other than a dailymail article.

Coincidence perhaps that utd fans are up in arms about ESL and glazers decide to distract them about a nonsense CR7 story.

SirAF

Ageist
Are there any proper sources for this other than a dailymail article.

Coincidence perhaps that utd fans are up in arms about ESL and glazers decide to distract them about a nonsense CR7 story.
I don't remember their credibility but the story originates from Gazzetta dello Sport, not from Daily Mail.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Don't see it. He wants to be at a CL challenging team, and I think we could do with a CF with the ability to press and hold the ball up.
I don't see it either but if we close the gap between us and 1st this season and genuinely have a strong desire to win the pl next season, he might like the idea of being the one to win us a pl title in years

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Why do some of you think that if Cavani leaves we have to replace him with someone else over the age of 33? We do need a goal poacher but I want to see someone who’s going to replace Martial and be our striker for years. Obviously I’d soon get over it if we did bring Ronaldo back though.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Why do some of you think that if Cavani leaves we have to replace him with someone else over the age of 33? We do need a goal poacher but I want to see someone who’s going to replace Martial and be our striker for years. Obviously I’d soon get over it if we did bring Ronaldo back though.
Cause there is shortage of great young available strikers.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
So he's definitely leaving Juventus, then?

amolbhatia50k

So he's definitely leaving Juventus, then?
If it were that easy leaving a club then sure. But there's a lot of factors involved. He'd obviously prefer a club more capable than us/them but that club has to value him as the right option and be ready itself.

SATA

I know i am mental but i would absolutely prefer Sancho over him. We need to move on from him and he's not 27, 28 anymore

peridigm

Ronaldo can easily play until he’s 40. Maybe longer. I’d have him over Martial in an instant. Send Martial the other way.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
On a 1 year contract it maybe wouldn't be too bad, but if he's failed improve Juventus, I don't see why he would improve us at 36.
He might not improved us, but he did scored 97 goals in 127 games for Juventus. Imagine he score same amount of goals for us.

SATA

And he is going to want to hog all the free kicks and penalties when he comes here. We already have Bruno for that and i am fine with Bruno taking them

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
He might not improved us, but he did scored 97 goals in 127 games for Juventus. Imagine he score same amount of goals for us.
There is the difference between Seria A and the PL, then also take into account his age. But i agre, he would be worth a shot.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Sometime you need to look at the situation as well. Who's out there available and how far are we from having squad to win major trophies? We can't just keep buying players to develop for long term.

Players like Bruno, Pogba, Maguire and etc are not getting any younger. We invested big money on them to win trophies so if we keep in development/transition stage then those money we invested previously become waste of money. There will be stage where the transition stage must come to end and we need to start winning major trophies. This season shows we are not far away and that means next season should be the stage where we must challenge major trophies.

Losing Cavani means weakened our squad so we need to replace him with someone on the same level or similar level in attack if we want to continue our progress from this season to challenge for major trophies next season. Ronaldo is one of the list of attacker who is above Cavani's level. Beside, player like Greenwood and Rashford will be in huge advantage to learn from Ronaldo.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
His goals seem to be masking his overall play, which seems to be quite average, going by various views online.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Yea, let's get Rooney back to? He can fit it in around managing Derby.

Any idea what Tevez is up to, as well?

Judas

Open to offers
I know i am mental but i would absolutely prefer Sancho over him. We need to move on from him and he's not 27, 28 anymore
Then I too must be mental, as I'd rather have Sancho too. I just think Ronaldo's return could only disappoint at this point. It's just too late, we have to move on.

cyberman

His goals seem to be masking his overall play, which seems to be quite average, going by various views online.
But Cavani does little other than his movement in and around the box. Thats all this team really needs.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
There is the difference between Seria A and the PL, then also take into account his age. But i agre, he would be worth a shot.
Sure, he has scored over 771+ goals in his career too in every top leagues in Europe, and he never failed to stop scoring many goals in any of his previous 15 seasons too, lets not forget that.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
Don't see it. He wants to be at a CL challenging team.
We're just as good as three of the teams in the semi in this years CL imo.

With the right recruitment we could go far next season. With Ronaldo we would've destroyed PSG at OT this season.

acnumber9

Yea, let's get Rooney back to? He can fit it in around managing Derby.

Any idea what Tevez is up to, as well?
Not really the same is it? We’re talking about a man who has 32 goals in 38 games this season. Not a player who hadn’t done that in 9 years.

CM

Hes become more of a poacher, who still scores goals at a ridiculous rate. Sounds pretty good to me.
Sort of what we're missing, but only works if we don't have to shell out a big transfer fee. A swap deal or two way loan with De Gea could be interesting if Juventus are looking to sell.

El Zoido

He’s a depreciating asset at this point, poor investment. I really don’t think Ole will want to go anywhere near this, reckon the story is BS. This ship sailed years ago.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Not really the same is it? We’re talking about a man who has 32 goals in 38 games this season. Not a player who hadn’t done that in 9 years.
It's a romantic idea bringing him back, and if he was happy to play as regularly as Cavani does (not a guaranteed starter) and for the same wages roughly, I'm all for it. But otherwise, expecting a 36 year old to score 35+ goals in the PL won't happen.

The PL is a very different kettle of fish compared to Serie A.

RUCK4444

What better way for the Glazers to blow smoke up the fans arses and move on from the super league debacle than to bring our hero home :drool:

It would be so see through but I’d forgive them for everything to see that no 7 at OT again...

Bertie Wooster

I'd be surprised if it happened. And I'm torn as to whether I want it to.

I've loved Ronaldo since the moment he made his debut here and have enjoyed seeing him develop into such an amazingly world class performer - tinged with sadness that he was doing it for Madrid and Juve and not us.

If Cavani leaves and we go down the route of another older, short term striker then I'd happily have that be Ronaldo for a year or two as I'd love to see him scoring goals for us again and he's the kind of proven winner and strong personality that we're lacking - so it'd be like the Zlatan signing.

However, as part of our progression and moving forward, I'd rather see us bring in someone younger and more long term. But there's a shortage of top quality options like that, and the ones out there are, obviously, hugely expensive.

As I doubt we'll even go for, let alone get, the likes of Haaland or Kane, then I'd be happy enough with either Cavani or Ronaldo filling that #9 position for another year or so - but only if that allows us to spend the money on more obtainable options in some of the other positions that we need to strengthen (CB, DM, RW).

amolbhatia50k

We're just as good as three of the teams in the semi in this years CL imo.

With the right recruitment we could go far next season. With Ronaldo we would've destroyed PSG at OT this season.
That's an odd way to put it. Leicester are also as good as Chelsea right now. Maybe Ronaldo should go there instead. We're as good as Madrid and PSG? Sure thing :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.