Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irwin99

Why does he want to leave Juve? I know he's not won the champions league there but he's done pretty well hasn't he?

Baxter

Mendes drumming up some interest. Can’t see City being interested in paying that much money for him.

Jericholyte2

What’s in this deal for Juve?
They get half his wages off their books. If it comes to the last day of the window and nobody is looking to buy him, I genuinely reckon they'd be tempted to wipe half his wages off their books.

From what I've read it's purely financial reasoning why they want him out, he's still scored for fun (over 65 goals in last 2 seasons I think).

Silas

Sam Lee (The Athletic's City correspondant) is saying he's interested too.

tob

I think that him going to City will probably happen.
Ronaldo wants to join a club that will have a good chance of winning Champions League, and Citys main target is to win it.
He's a proven goalscorer, and that's what they're looking for.

Djemba-Djemba

Never had any doubt whatsoever Ronaldo would go to City if he could.

Maybe if Fergie was still Utd manager he wouldn't, I do think Ronaldo feels loyalty and affection to Fergie.

But I don't think he really feels anything towards Utd, when he did that film about himself and his life I think he spent about 25 seconds mentioning Utd.

SATA

I read somewhere Mendes is orchestrating some sort of swap deal between Bernardo Silva to Juve and Ronaldo to City. I’m not sure how’s that going to work but surely Ronaldo aren’t thinking of moving to City?

BalanceUnAutreJoint

A player who will put his legacy above anything else in the world.

Not surprised he wants to join City, he will be 37 this season and this gives him the best chance to challenge for another CL in the last few years of his career

DutchCruijff

I don't get it, why aren't we in for him? He's still very, very good.

Bar Sancho, Greenwood, he's better than our forwards.

Certainly much better than Rashford/Martial on the LW and better than Cavani as a #9 too. He can fit in as our LW with backup role for #9 if Cavani is injured.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Been wondering how most would feel about this if this were true.

Idxomer

Certainly much better than Rashford/Martial on the LW and better than Cavani as a #9 too. He can fit in as our LW with backup role for #9 if Cavani is injured.
Because he most likely isn't interested in any team not guaranteed to challenge for the league and CL.

JustAGuest

I don't know. Maybe there is a possibility he doesn't want to join us since we are not serious challengers for the league or CL? If he's willing to push for a move to City then club loyalty has no meaning to him.

DutchCruijff

Because he most likely isn't interested in any team not guaranteed to challenge for the league and CL.
We're about 12 months off for challenging for both. Maybe we'd challenge for at least one of those in a significant way if he joined us.

It can't be that.

He doesn't even start for City. They will have Grealish/Foden LW, Kane #9 and Sterling/Marhez RW.

DutchCruijff

I'd feel a bit of a silly idiot if he ends up playing for City, it would be really sad.
He's already offered his services.

Sam Lee, highly reliable for City, has reported it. As has L'Equipe.

Mendes clearly offering Ronaldo's services around. PSG and Madrid quick to shoot the idea down.

slored1

Really disappointed if he goes to City. For two oil clubs to get the two best players of this generation is really the death of football.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
[L’Equipe] Cristiano Ronaldo is seeking to engineer a move to Manchester City according to L'Équipe's most senior transfer reporter, Hugo Delom.

wr8_utd

:'(
Never had any doubt whatsoever Ronaldo would go to City if he could.

Maybe if Fergie was still Utd manager he wouldn't, I do think Ronaldo feels loyalty and affection to Fergie.

But I don't think he really feels anything towards Utd, when he did that film about himself and his life I think he spent about 25 seconds mentioning Utd.
Poor guy felt like a slave at United. Can you really blame him?

wr8_utd

We're about 12 months off for challenging for both. Maybe we'd challenge for at least one of those in a significant way if he joined us.

It can't be that.

He doesn't even start for City. They will have Grealish/Foden LW, Kane #9 and Sterling/Marhez RW.
They won't sign Kane if they get Ronaldo. The latter feels far more attainable and he clearly wants a move too.

Viva Ronaldo chants all around Old Trafford on his comeback.

tob

I bet we could retire his chants.
When this move happens, I'll no longer care for the guy. He would just be some player that plays for City.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Ronaldo has always spoke very highly of the club, he’s got a huge ego and will be a club legend obviously but I just don’t see him giving that up and being a snake like tevez.

DutchCruijff

They won't sign Kane if they get Ronaldo. The latter feels far more attainable and he clearly wants a move too.
Far more attainable, yes. Far worse a fit for Guardiola too. Not a Guardiola player/#9 at all.

City/Guardiola passed up on Messi to focus on Kane, particularly because of how good the latter is in build up play. Now they're going to go in for a tap in merchant whose build up play is awful now?

Doesn't make sense.

Reeks of Mendes/Ronaldo desperate to move elsewhere. Too bad for them that PSG and Madrid quickly shot down the rumours to prevent any pressure from the fans.

wr8_utd

Ronaldo has always spoke very highly of the club, he’s got a huge ego obviously but I just don’t see him being a snake like tevez.
He's close to retirement, he wants a more competitive team (for the CL) than Juventus. If Madrid or PSG don't come in for him, it's not an impossible move.

Status
Not open for further replies.