Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Honestly I can't understand the attitude of United fans ... Ronaldo gave His all at United and talks about his time there positively. He had always dreamed of Madrid - so much so that he joined Madrid when it was 2 levels below United in terms of its standing in Europe performance-wise. United are the same as Juventus to Him ... just a sex partner. Madrid was His wife.

United should be grateful that Ronaldo has a significant link to them. How many truly 'global' (not just European) superstars has United had in its 100-year history ... Best, Beckham, at a stretch Rooney? I bet United has continued to benefit even after Ronaldo left, just because of being associated with Him ... I bet the comment 'Ronaldo was developed here' comes up every time United try to sign a young player. I bet sponsors continue to overpay to United in the hope that United sign another Ronaldo some day.
What a pile of shit :lol:

BerryBerryShrew

I can sort of relate to this to a bit. I love American sports, but Ronaldo playing for City would feel very similar in that there isn't that same level of loyalty with players, and they will play for any team given the right circumstances.

What am I going to do with my signed Ronaldo shirt I have in my games room? :lol:
Stick it on Ebay and sell it to a City fan. They probably can't tell the difference between our old jerseys and City's anyway (they were too busy supporting Chelsea when Ronaldo was with us to notice other club's shirts) so you could pass it off as an old City away jersey.

reddevilchennai

If I was arrogant, I wouldn't admit to Madrid being a couple of levels below United, when He joined them. I think your pride has blinded you - United had the opportunity to drive home its advantage and permanently join Barca/Madrid/Bayern in terms of stature back in 2009 ... Instead a compliant Ferguson, a repugnant Ownership and fans who aren't really ready to 'die for United', allowed United to meander in the following years.

Look at Liverpool fans ... to get rid of their Owners in 2010, they literally call-jammed the phone lines of one of the largest financial institutions on the planet, so much that they their Head Quarters had to get a new phone code installed.
La Liga will never be the same after Messi left. Madrid and Barca will loose their followers.

RedTiger

Half mast
Honestly I can't understand the attitude of United fans ... Ronaldo gave His all at United and talks about his time there positively. He had always dreamed of Madrid - so much so that he joined Madrid when it was 2 levels below United in terms of its standing in Europe performance-wise. United are the same as Juventus to Him ... just a sex partner. Madrid was His wife.

United should be grateful that Ronaldo has a significant link to them. How many truly 'global' (not just European) superstars has United had in its 100-year history ... Best, Beckham, at a stretch Rooney? I bet United has continued to benefit even after Ronaldo left, just because of being associated with Him ... I bet the comment 'Ronaldo was developed here' comes up every time United try to sign a young player. I bet sponsors continue to overpay to United in the hope that United sign another Ronaldo some day.
This is a very poor troll effort. Must do better.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I was teasing about the 'wife' thing ... but whatever else I've written is exactly how every objective non-fan thinks about it. United will always be in the conversation when people discuss GOATs - especially since he won his first Ballon d'Or at United. This is good for United - a positive association with GOATs.
Football, and United stature in the game was around far, far before Ronaldo came here. Sorry, just nonsense.

Ronaldo was and is a great player but to a lot of United fans he won’t be the greatest / favourite player to have worn our strip.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I was teasing about the 'wife' thing ... but whatever else I've written is exactly how every objective non-fan thinks about it. United will always be in the conversation when people discuss GOATs - especially since he won his first Ballon d'Or at United. This is good for United - a positive association with GOATs.
It's not like Man Utd wasn't like de-facto one of the biggest clubs in the world before Ronaldo was here. It was bigger than Barcelona as well in 2009. they overtook us from there though.

Powerhouser

Supports
Bayern Munich
City would be the best move for him, very good chance of winning the CL and another PL title is almost certain if he goes there.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
@RedRonaldo Fair play for being honest about your obsession - not many "fanboys" actually come out and freely admit that's what they are.

I respect that - even though I honestly think you're a nutter. But then again, being a nutter isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
It's not like Man Utd wasn't like de-facto one of the biggest clubs in the world before Ronaldo was here. It was bigger than Barcelona as well in 2009. they overtook us from there though.
It's hard to nail this down to numbers, but it's actually not unreasonable to claim that United had a bigger world wide fan base than Liverpool throughout the years between Busby and Fergie - in spite of the fact that we won feck all compared to Liverpool (who dominated both the 70s and the 80s) in said years.

United had a certain romantic appeal which was quite unique - and this was part and parcel of the reason why we were able to capitalize to such an extent on the Sky/Premier League era.

Anyway, Ronaldo was a brilliant player for us - but he did much less than Beckham to boost our reputation among random "fans" around the globe (remember - this was all before social media and whatnot truly exploded).

Offsideagain

Denis Law, Brian Kidd, Owen Hargreaves, Tevez, Schmeichel, Andy Cole all moved across the City to the Bitters. I can forgive The King as that shithead Docherty got rid of him and players didn’t get the salaries they do these days plus he played for City before us. The others as far as United legends are concerned for me they are dead. If Ronaldo does sign for City for £25m net pa, it’s clear where his motivation is and his words about United and SAF are hollow. It’s not as if he needs the money like The King did.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
La Liga will never be the same after Messi left. Madrid and Barca will loose their followers.
CR7 vs Messi have huge marketing influence for La Liga and they are irreplaceable. Other than die hard Barca fans i doubt anyone follow their games to watch Depay anymore (no disrespect to Depay).

LARulz

So apparently City are now pushing for Ronaldo. Just close the fecking window. I now wish we closed it before the season started like last time

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
CR7 vs Messi have huge marketing influence for La Liga and they are irreplaceable. Other than die hard Barca fans i doubt anyone follow their games to watch Depay anymore (no disrespect to Depay).
I mean...I get the point, but lots of people will still follow Barca and Real :lol:

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
This thread is incredible and must be saved for posterity. I last viewed it this morning...and my God what a turn it's taken. :lol: :lol: :lol:

(& I always thought there was something weird about all those SIIIIUUUUU posts)

Last edited:

cyberman

Its not a question of 'being' supported ... Begining 1990, Liverpool have had modest success compared to United.
Yet they have or until recently had a huge fan base, comparable to United. The issue is that Liverpool's fan base is an ageing one, while City and Chelsea have a lot of younger fans coming in. Ronaldo played a significant part in converting a lot of young fans (especially outside England) into United supporters.
As an example look at me ... I only got interested in United (not a fan), Busby, Munich, Docherty's affair, Ferguson kicking out the drinkers, etc. after Ronaldo joined Madrid. I am marketing gold for a sponsor since my recall (and association) on United is better than most casual fans ... Ronaldo did that to me.

EDIT: I have it on strong authority that advertising companies also look at Fan Forums to gauge Fan interaction/stickiness/involvement-ness .
But the EPL is the most watched league in the world. It’s impossible to say that Utd, or English football, doesn’t have renowned, global stars when our footballers are watched by more fans than any other league.
We aren’t some hidden secret over here.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
So apparently City are now pushing for Ronaldo. Just close the fecking window. I now wish we closed it before the season started like last time
Ultimately it's up to the player if they will disrespect the team that help create them but this seems like it's a dig at United.

Eddy_JukeZ

What utter drive and nonsense :lol:

You guys still would have been a banter club then if Ronaldo wasn't from the Iberian peninsula and didn't have a dream to join you guys.

United have been successful before and after Ronaldo.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Why be angry at him? If United were interested, he'd come to United. We likely aren't willing to match his pecuniary requests. Man won't play for free.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Highly doubt he wants to return here either way.
If he gets his money, he'll come back. I wouldn't want to leave Turin either. The team might not be particularly great but the weather's great and the girls are pretty.

It's ultimately down to money.

Eddy_JukeZ

If he gets his money, he'll come back. I wouldn't want to leave Turin either. The team might not be particularly great but the weather's great and the girls are pretty.

There's been nothing linking us with him though.

Brophs

The One and Only
I personally wouldn’t be bothered if he pitches up at City, because this is football after all. It happens. And let’s be honest, this is the same guy who used us every time he wanted a new deal at Madrid. I have no doubt there’s affection for us but ultimately, it’s just business. He wants, I guess, one or two real shots at the CL and he’s never struck me as a guy who would put sentiment before his own interests.

mshnsh

Its the other way round. Man Utd have been one of the biggest (if not THE BIGGEST) brands in football even before Ronaldo joined. Joining United alone made him a house hold name. Add to that Ferguson's management of the player and what you should come up with is that Ronaldo is who he is today thanks to Manchester United.

Manchester United will always have and have always had sponsors lining up because the exposure is so much. You just need to travel around the world to experience the adulation.

It is the likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona who have traditionally depended on stars like Ronaldo to get attention.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks

Nah, that is exactly what he declined to do in the future when he's been asked about City move in 2015. That if it was only about big money he would make a move to Qatar.

At this point it is all about his football legacy for him imo (and has been for awhile obviously). With Messi going to PSG, which club is out there which can give him realistically the best chance of adding another CL, maybe another Ballon d'Or and beating Messi PSG with his career almost done? Ironically, that same Manchester City.

I don't believe this will go through for a lot of reasons. It's too late in the window, it is complicated deal, while 1 year deal would make sense for City, 2 year deal which is what Ronaldo would at least like not really, Pep might have some doubts, Ronaldo also for different reasons, etc, etc... But am pretty sure that money isn't the driving force for him at this stage. That is the reason way he is eager to leave Juventus. The money comes regularly I think, but the team is going nowhere.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Hopefully all the cringe worthy ‘SIIIIUUUUU’ posts can stop now.

fecking twat.

Jericholyte2

So City have reportedly offered him a 2yr deal worth EUR 14/15m a year - roughly EUR 270k/week, but don't want to pay a fee.

That, for me, would be a no-brainer - offer Juventus 10m and jump ahead.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
So City have reportedly offered him a 2yr deal worth EUR 14/15m a year - roughly EUR 270k/week, but don't want to pay a fee.

It’s net isn’t it? So more like 550k a week? Plus juve want his current deal bought out as the fee - so 25m on top. Plus signing fee and agent fee. So probably about 80m for two years of Ronaldo all in.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich

The alleged offer is for a net salary of €14m/€15m. Not gross.

Status
Not open for further replies.