Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

dove

If he gets his money, he'll come back. I wouldn't want to leave Turin either. The team might not be particularly great but the weather's great and the girls are pretty.

It's ultimately down to money.
Weather's great compared to what? It's alright but surely not that great.

If he is really set to leave Juve then City is probably the best option for him. Guaranteed trophies and with the amount of chances they create he would score plenty of goals. Clearly a much better option than us.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
So City have reportedly offered him a 2yr deal worth EUR 14/15m a year - roughly EUR 270k/week, but don't want to pay a fee.

That, for me, would be a no-brainer - offer Juventus 10m and jump ahead.
Might come as a shocker, but there is a chance he doesn't fancy coming back in a less dominating team.

SER19

Legacy at United absolutely abolished if he does. Ferguson should have a word

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Ronaldo has always looked out for Ronaldo. Would not be surprised to see him in a City kit before the end of the window. I feel surprisingly apathetic about it, this is modern football and I've accepted it. No romanticism.

R'hllor

You don’t think a guy who is one of the two GOATs in world football, who was made by this club is a legend of the club?

That’s quite a high bar you’re setting!
Nope, not even close. Nor i am desperate like other United fans to sway him under United banner just so they could say that one of two GOAT is United legend or has connection with a club. When, he probably gives zero fecks for United and United fans.

BlueHaze

If he goes to City he's actually evil. Whole red part of manchester still adores him. He does that and he's dead to everyone.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Well afterall I am just a fanboy for very long period of time, it’s all about fanboy mentality, abit of **** thing in terms of my support/worship, I won’t be ashamed to admit it, as I have already stressed that I could only speak for myself.

Its very different thing as compared to traditional fan who would only support for their club. For me, I support both, almost equally.

In perspective, I will support Man Utd for the rest of my life, but I could only support Ronaldo for a few more years as he is approaching his retirement. With him joining our rivals for a short period of time, won’t stop me from cheering his goals.
Why would you choose to be a fanboy?

Jim Beam

If he goes to City he's actually evil. Whole red part of manchester still adores him. He does that and he's dead to everyone.
Evil? :lol: He has the same mind as always, it was always about him. And am pretty certain many United fans feel indifferent towards him and once he left.

If it's of any consolation I don't think he gives two shits about Madrid either.

BlueHaze

Evil? :lol: He has the same mind as always, it was always about him. And am pretty certain many United fans feel indifferent towards him and once he left.

If it's of any consolation I don't think he gives two shits about Madrid either.
I know but come on, you don't do that shite man. His career is practically over and united fans still like him home and away fans have chanted his song for decade. Going to city for a year would be the ultimate humiliation. It's bigger than just football.

laughtersassassin

I'd be really pissed at this if we where good but the fact we aren't truly trying to compete once again then it's simple a case of we have bigger worries than this.

gorky_utd

Honestly I can't understand the attitude of United fans ... Ronaldo gave His all at United and talks about his time there positively. He had always dreamed of Madrid - so much so that he joined Madrid when it was 2 levels below United in terms of its standing in Europe performance-wise. United are the same as Juventus to Him ... just a sex partner. Madrid was His wife.

United should be grateful that Ronaldo has a significant link to them. How many truly 'global' (not just European) superstars has United had in its 100-year history ... Best, Beckham, at a stretch Rooney? I bet United has continued to benefit even after Ronaldo left, just because of being associated with Him ... I bet the comment 'Ronaldo was developed here' comes up every time United try to sign a young player. I bet sponsors continue to overpay to United in the hope that United sign another Ronaldo some day.
Really? I actually think sponsors overpay Madrid because they play in a glorified farmers league. Just go back and search how your pet newspaper Marca had to use Photoshop to remove UTD fans from the usa friendly. UTD have parasite owners who don't invest anything into the club. A fully backed UTD is Perez's biggest nightmare.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
The football romantic in me will be heartbroken if one of our club legends actually go to Manchester City. Of course he's entitled to go anywhere he wants and get the most out of his own career, but it just feels wrong and even disrespectful to potentially willingly sabotage your "own club" in the process.

I can't imagine Fergie approving. Or maybe he even texted Sir Alex and asked if he'd be ok with it, who knows.

With Ronaldo in City, the league is done for.

InfiniteBoredom

I actually want him to go there so we can be done finally with this notion of him having any emotional ties to the club. The way a portion of this fan base have yearned after him like a jilted lover is downright embarrassing, shameful even (and the social media team can be included in that, although they do it for the clicks/views/interactions).

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I actually want him to go there so we can be done finally with this notion of him having any emotional ties to the club. The way a portion of this fan base have yearned after him like a jilted lover is downright embarrassing, shameful even (and the social media team can be included in that, although they do it for the clicks/views/interactions).
I like to think that most players who had success here and later left have emotional ties to the club.

Cloud7

The social media manager will have a lot of Ronaldo posts to delete.
At least the club can then stop their cringeworthy posting of him more than a decade after he's left and is currently still playing and performing for other clubs

croadyman

At least the club can then stop their cringeworthy posting of him more than a decade after he's left and is currently still playing and performing for other clubs
True but still don't want him to go there whilst we are forced to stick with McFred & Matic for yet another bloody year

Cloud7

I like to think that most players who had success here and later left have emotional ties to the club.
Some do. Some don't. You see players like VDS, Evra, Van Persie etc. posting photos of them still watching United matches. Even players like RVP when he was still playing.

Ronaldo has never given the slightest indication that he has any sort of ties to United.

Cloud7

True but still don't want him to go there whilst we are forced to stick with McFred for another year
I mean, Ronaldo isn't going to come and play in CM, so he doesn't really have anything to do with McFred

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Nah, that is exactly what he declined to do in the future when he's been asked about City move in 2015. That if it was only about big money he would make a move to Qatar.

At this point it is all about his football legacy for him imo (and has been for awhile obviously). With Messi going to PSG, which club is out there which can give him realistically the best chance of adding another CL, maybe another Ballon d'Or and beating Messi PSG with his career almost done? Ironically, that same Manchester City.

I don't believe this will go through for a lot of reasons. It's too late in the window, it is complicated deal, while 1 year deal would make sense for City, 2 year deal which is what Ronaldo would at least like not really, Pep might have some doubts, Ronaldo also for different reasons, etc, etc... But am pretty sure that money isn't the driving force for him at this stage. That is the reason way he is eager to leave Juventus. The money comes regularly I think, but the team is going nowhere.
Bingo

Jim Beam

I know but come on, you don't do that shite man. His career is practically over and united fans still like him home and away fans have chanted his song for decade. Going to city for a year would be the ultimate humiliation. It's bigger than just football.
Yeah, you know that saying that it all comes down to your priorities in life. I don't think those things are very high on his list of priorities atm.

I still think it won't materialize, but if it the decision is purely and only left too him. Well, let's just say am not a strong believer that his United connection would get in a way of doing it.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Jesus, do we think this might happen? <panic gif>
The only hope is if City don't want him - I have zero doubt he'd go there if they actually want him.

If the contract offer is genuine, then best prepare to start hearing "Viva Ronaldo" sung by a half-empty Etihad stadium most weeks.

Pintu

It’s net isn’t it? So more like 550k a week? Plus juve want his current deal bought out as the fee - so 25m on top. Plus signing fee and agent fee. So probably about 80m for two years of Ronaldo all in.
Ronaldo's current deal at Juve is 30 M net and he previously rejected an extension with half that.

Fab Romano is saying City offered him 24 M€ net. 2 years contract (+1 year in option)

That's about like £37 M / year. That's more than £700K /week. For 2 years. It is a huge investment. But yes Ronaldo is worth it.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Yeah, you know that saying that it all comes down to your priorities in life. I don't think those things are very high on his list of priorities atm.

I still think it won't materialize, but if it the decision is purely and only left too him. Well, let's just say am not a strong believer that his United connection would get in a way of doing it.
Yeah, the only way this deal doesn’t go through is if city doesn’t want him/refuses to meet Juve’s asking price. Ronaldo will join them if it means a few more titles and a possible shot at UCL glory. Those thinking his United connection would stop him are deluding themselves. He also wouldn’t join us for that exact reason - he wants a team ready to win and in with a shot of old big ears.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Some do. Some don't. You see players like VDS, Evra, Van Persie etc. posting photos of them still watching United matches. Even players like RVP when he was still playing.

Ronaldo has never given the slightest indication that he has any sort of ties to United.
I think he might be more connected to the players and staff of old, Sir Alex in particular whom he views as a father figure (in sports). But he's dropped several comments in the past about his feelings for the club and people who work in it.

It's hard to tell what he feels about the club today, but in the past he's been vocal about it when asked. I guess the whole playing for other clubs thing has put a bit of a damper on the flirting with other clubs thing.

In 2014 he had this to say:

“Some players I am still in contact with because when I was there I created a good relationship with everybody, not just the players, all the staff around. “And it was like my second family there too, so I’ll not forget that the people treat me well. I’ll not forget. “I love Manchester, to be back, I never know, you never know. “Of course I’m happy at Real Madrid, it’s my home, it’s my club but Manchester treat me unbelievable so we never know.”

And later that same year this

I love Manchester,” he said. “Everyone knows that. Manchester is in my heart. “The supporters are amazing and I wish I can come back one day.”

In 2015 this comment dropped:

“I’m a huge supporter of Manchester United – as I say many times, I’m very comfortable in Real Madrid now, I feel happy,” Ronaldo told The Jonathon Ross show in 2015. “But as people know I like Manchester United, I love that club, but in the future, nobody knows. But right now I feel good and I feel happy in Real Madrid.”

In 2017 he had this to say on the question of returning to Manchester United

“Nothing is impossible," he said.

In another interview, published around the same time, Ronaldo also praised United fans for not booing him - unlike Real Madrid’s supporters.

"I don’t like it and it’s not normal that they whistle you in your own stadium. I just don’t like it,” he said. "It’s not correct. And when you are on a difficult run that is when you need extra support from outside not less. Sometimes we don’t have it. "I spent a lot of years at Manchester United and it never happened to me. Not even once. Maybe England is a case apart – the mentality is different."

He's attributed Sir Alex several times as a father figure in football and has tremendous respect and I suppose love for the man.

"He's a fantastic person. A human person. He taught me many things," Ronaldo once told CNN. "Like I've said before, he's like a father in football, because he taught me many things. I really miss him because I have a great relationship with him." "When my dad was sick in London and was in hospital-very bad, in a coma-I had a conversation with [Ferguson]," Ronaldo said. "I said, 'Boss, I don't feel good.' "We are in a key moment in the league and the Champions League, but I say, 'Boss, I don't feel good. I want to see my dad.' "[He said] 'Cristiano, you want to go one day, two days, one week, you can go. I'm going to miss you here because you know you are important, but your dad [comes] first." "When he told me that, I thought, 'This guy's unbelievable. He was a football father for me."

Pintu

The only hope is if City don't want him - I have zero doubt he'd go there if they actually want him.

If the contract offer is genuine, then best prepare to start hearing "Viva Ronaldo" sung by a half-empty Etihad stadium most weeks.
Ronaldo is the smart option for them if they want to bid for Halland later. If they'd taken Kane who is still young, it would be much more difficult for them to fight for Halland.

BlueHaze

The saddest thing is you are probably right. I could genuinely see him doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.