Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
We definitely have a chance of winning the UCL, even without Ronaldo. So I don't think we're as shite as you may think.
It's not what I think that's important - it's what a player like Ronaldo thinks. We're a team that couldn't even win the Europa League last season, and haven't won a trophy of any sort in like 5 years. We have a chance because we're in the competition, but doesn't go much further than that.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Going to City would not be the most beautiful thing to finish his career. Whatever the team in his heart, if you've played 6 years for United, you won't go to City.
And with Guardiola, who has always treated him, or has seemed to me with disdain.

The PSG thing seems worse. Get together with Messi at this point...I suppose that for the neutral it will be an event, but I see it as a tremendous drop of pants.

The most reasonable thing at this point I think would be to stay at Juve and then go to Lisbon or Miami.
I know what you mean, but can’t resist posting this:

Denis Law - 11 years at United
Andy Cole - 8 years at United
Schmeichel - 8 years at United

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Will be the most abuse he has ever received when he returns to Old Trafford, but that won't bother him.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
It's amazing watching all his fanboys suddenly realise he's a massive egomaniac. Some beauty in it actually, like a satisfying Rube Goldberg creation.

hobbers

We definitely have a chance of winning the UCL, even without Ronaldo. So I don't think we're as shite as you may think.
You think after what we've seen of Ole's United in the group stages and EL we'd stand a chance in the later stages of the CL? :lol:

cyberman

Another PR move for City, following on from Grealish. Sadly that’s what football has become.

Personally I thought he looked very leggy in the Euros and question whether he can do it again in the PL at his age.
Another point is I don’t think Mharez, Sterling or Grealish are now set up to fully service Ronaldo which 100 percent now has to happen. Look at how Bruno’s influence shrinks when it has to be built around Cristiano.
fecking about chasing a player they never would have got, bid his way below his value then panic buy before the window is closed.
Did Ed find a new job over there?

Judas

Open to offers
Not often a big move loses you followers, but I could see his social media taking a hit. Or am I deluded? I can't exactly seeing City's MASSIVE fanbase adding to it.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Dead to me. 5th best Portuguese at the club.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Honestly, would love it to happen just for the meltdown. He's never struck me as a player that had a real affinity for the club. This wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

On another note, not sure how well suited he's be to Pep's system, but I'm sure he'd score aplenty from the cut backs into the area alone.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He’s always been annoying. I loved him while he was here, who didn’t, he’s arguably the best player to ever play here and his development was stunning to behold. He left a winning setup here to give his best years to a club that weren’t doing as well as us. I totally stopped caring what he did after he left. He never really cared about Utd. He loved Fergie for giving him the platform and the trust to develop into a beast. That’s it. If the money is right he’ll rock up at city. No bother. He’s a mercenary personality.

El Zoido

The silver lining is that our fanbase’s weird obsession with him will be over.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Will be the most abuse he has ever received when he returns to Old Trafford, but that won't bother him.
It'll motivate him even more - we all remember what he was like after the Euros incident with Rooney.

MrEleson

Not often a big move loses you followers, but I could see his social media taking a hit. Or am I deluded? I can't exactly seeing City's MASSIVE fanbase adding to it.
I was thinking the same thing but it’s probably an investment loss. Being back in the PL - the most watched league in the world and as the biggest name will probably catapult his net following greatly and offset whatever he would have initially lost - especially if he does well.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
If he does do the unthinkable, what do you think his reception would be like at OT when we play them? I hope to feck we don't have the fanboys clapping him and bursting into a full rendition of "Viva Ronaldo". Would be super smalltime.
Nah, would never imagine the fans doing that. Any ex United player in a Liverpool or City shirt would have the whole stadium against them. Would expect the same response if the other way too

hobbers

This is a dry run for next summer when City get Haaland.

Meanwhile we'll quibble with West Ham over Rice for similar money as Haaland and then spend the rest of it trying to get loan moves for Pereira and Tuanzebe.

MUFC OK

This is some bullshit.

How can Ronaldo do this to us? It hasn't happened yet, but it feels like it's closer to the needle of it happening to than it not.

Surely Fergie/Ole/Rio have got to have a word with him. What the feck is he doing?

From most loved to most hated. Despicable behaviour.
It’s happening, almost no reports to the contrary. Only stating city don’t want to pay a fee which is a negotiation tactic.
On top of this Pep leaves in 2023 - looks nailed on.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
""I don't like [home fans booing] and it's not normal that they whistle you in your own stadium. I just don't like it. It shouldn't be the case that a player who always wants to give his best and give 100 per cent for this team, when he makes his first mistake people whistle."

IF this happens. The perfect response would not be to boo. But deafening silence.

Bleu

Supports
New England Revolution
So, how many United followers will be stepping over to the blue side of Manchester?

MrEleson

It'll motivate him even more - we all remember what he was like after the Euros incident with Rooney.
It’s not the same. I think he’ll be hurt by that this time as these will be guys that used to adore him not just some random fans at an away match.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
It’s happening, almost no reports to the contrary. Only stating city don’t want to pay a fee which is a negotiation tactic.
On top of this Pep leaves in 2023 - looks nailed on.
Fuming. Why aren't we sniffing around too?

DickDastardly

I could actually picture Ronaldo wanting to go there specifically because of the attention and outrage it would cause. The Premier League is the most watched League and he'd suddenly have all the eyes on him again.
This a thousand times.

Plus, he's shit now. This is the only way for him to stay under the spotlight.

No way in hell they'll win anything with him in the team.

I actually look forward to all the freekicks he smashes in the stands while KDB and Grealish look away.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
It feel's a bit daft seeing as I'm 32 years old, but I would be genuinely upset if he went there!

Trying to see it from his point of view, I imagine we've turned down the chance to sign him?

So you could argue, well, we can't really be too upset about it seeing as we've rejected him - I suppose that allows him to sign for who he likes. Can we judge/blame him?

Still feels wrong, though.

It almost feels like Mendes is goading us to sign him?

devil99

Pay 200m or whatever it takes to get Haaland, and unveil the very same same minute City unveils him.

Status
Not open for further replies.