g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Juve had everything agreed to sign him in 2003 but it was meant to be a swap deal with Marcelo Salas who ended up pulling out of the deal.

Sensible post in a cesspool of cringey one liner posts in here...
You might not have realized it but to many Barcelona fans you’re their biggest rivals now.

In all seriousness, the way plenty of people are looking at this deal is just wrong and the club needs to shape expectations. “They won the league without Ronaldo and got far into the CL so the only way this transfer is a success is if they win everything...”

Napoli finished 4 points behind and Inter have massively improved, winning the league won’t be a walk in the park as it clearly hasn’t been the case in the past few years and the CL is a massive challenge.

There’s too much hype, too much excitement and too many expectations which will make things harder, not easier. Especially since this next season should be a season of transition with Allegri figuring out the balance of the team before fixing the weakest parts of the squad next summer.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Salas weighted about 80 tons in 2003. Why would Sporting do a deal with him involved :lol:

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Salas weighted about 80 tons in 2003. Why would Sporting do a deal with him involved :lol:
Have you seen the signings we’ve made throughout the years?

Salas was pretty good despite being out of shape after being injured. He preferred to go back to Argentina instead and the deal broke down. Would’ve turned out to be an hilarious deal if it had happened.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Yep, the league is the ultimate test of a team though.

But Ronaldo lovers won't accept that, will they.
It's the best test of a team against domestic opposition. 100%.

Every single player would rather end their career with 4 Champions Leagues and 1 League title rather than the opposite though.

For what it's worth, I like football. I don't support players. Neither Ronaldo or Messi are the best players I've ever seen. - if that helps temper you somewhat.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
SportingCP96 said:
Not going to lie he looks good in a Juve shirt it fits him:D
He doesn't. Nobody ever looked good in a juventus shirt. It's physically impossible

Red Daigo

While social media followers isn't a reliable source to measure popularity, it does provide a bit of insight.

"Juventus" youtube channel had about 760K subscribers on July 10th, they have about 1140K now. An increase of 50% subscribers in less than 10 days since the signing of CR. Staggering numbers and this signing will provide a lot of exposure to both Juventus and Serie A worldwide.

While Serie A is a top 4 league, it's no where near EPL and La Liga in terms of worldwide popularity. The same is the case with Juventus, while extremely succesful domestically their worldwide presence is not as big as you'd think. CR's signing will help both causes. This signing is a masterstroke IMO.

I work overseas in Asia, normally I would see Man Utd or Liverpool shirts but since CR signed with Juventus I seen many locals wear their shirts with his name on it, overall this guy is a walking commercial success.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
He's looking good.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Nah, but i have taste. Juventus shirt is just ugly.

The home kit. They've had some nice away kits over the years
They used to have a pink away one which was really nice.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Dybala wull have more space to play that's for sure.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
It´s so strange to see him with another shirt. It's like seeing your ex with someone else having a good time.
Madrid-Juve in C.L is a must

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
It´s so strange to see him with another shirt. It's like seeing your ex with someone else having a good time.
It wasn't even a 'transfer saga'. It was basically wrapped up within a week or so, and bam, just like that he's a Juve player.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yep. Still hoping against hope they win nothing, even more so now :lol:

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
It wasn't even a 'transfer saga'. It was basically wrapped up within a week or so, and bam, just like that he's a Juve player.
Yes, it was all very fast, and seeing the coldness of his departure it seems he was resentful. Only one statement. He also said that Juve was a family, implying that we were not. Actually I have not thought too much about him. Maybe we were fed up with each other, he with us and us with him.
Yep. Still hoping against hope they win nothing, even more so now :lol:
Me too, on the one hand I appreciate him very much, but on the other hand I am spiteful and jealous

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
None, welcome to the Serie A. He was good but a hot day at Chievo Verona is the Italian equivalent to a cold night in Stoke.
Not really. An autumn/late winter afternoon in Verona mired on an unplayable mud pitch is the italian equivalent to a cold night in stoke

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Not really. An autumn/late winter afternoon in Verona mired on an unplayable mud pitch is the italian equivalent to a cold night in stoke
So Verona are both playing at Sevilla in April, and playing at Stoke in December? Sounds hard :lol:.

cyberman

But he scored away v Stoke!
Maybe he is on the way down...

Cloud7

Me too, on the one hand I appreciate him very much, but on the other hand I am spiteful and jealous
This was how I felt after he left United for you lot :p Sadly it didn’t go as miserably for him as I hoped it would :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.