Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Ronaldo effect deffo in play but I also noticed attendance for the Barca game was also crap, are people still on holidays in Spain?
Definitely. It’s way too hot to be in Madrid this time of the year.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
Real Madrid's Attendance for the first game of the season:

Their lowest La Liga attendance in 9 years.

The CR7 Effect.

GOAT entertainer too.

Shez

Standard ratings in Italy. 90% of total votes will generally fall between 5 and 7. For GdS the range is usually 4-8, it would take the kind of performance everybody will remember for ages to break outside that(in good or bad). CorSport are a bit more lax in that regard, but still. I think both papers combined for something like 6-7 (10) EVER

To expand on that: those votes are used for fantasy football. Hence why they're so standardized. International competitions or CL are different, they're more lax with those votes.

As far as the league goes, GDS gave a 10 twice in their history - and the first time it was because the player in question saved the life of another player on the pitch, the second was in a playoff for the UEFA Cup, meaning irrelevant to fantasy football
feck yet another Ronaldo debate... I wanna hear more about the life saving on the pitch

Trizy

The CR7 Effect.

GOAT entertainer too.
Jesus that's embarrassing for their fans. They just won the CL's for the third time in a row ffs.

We've been shit for years, have a manager & style our fans hate and our main players look like they've given up yet we managed to get 74,439 out of 74,994 in the gates.

Bole Top

I doubt it has much to do with Ronaldo leaving because the same thing happened to Barca in their oppening match, attendance being at about 50000 which is their lowest la liga attendance too.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
feck yet another Ronaldo debate... I wanna hear more about the life saving on the pitch
Cagliari goalkeeper Alessio Scarpi practiced CPR on teammate Gianluca Grassadonia who'd lost consciousness and gone into cardiac arrest after he got kicked full force in the back of the head following a tackle

Shez

Cagliari goalkeeper Alessio Scarpi practiced CPR on teammate Gianluca Grassadonia who'd lost consciousness and gone into cardiac arrest after he got kicked full force in the back of the head following a tackle
Woah yikes... mad respect. Had no idea this had happened

Zen

tbf...the same game last year
Attendance: 55,143

Is there some odd belief that Barca and Real sell out or get near to even 90% capacity every week?

Neo_Mufc

The CR7 Effect.

GOAT entertainer too.
Oh wow that's a fecking embarrassment.

Tis a cheap pop but City against Huddersfield, plenty of blue seats on show. For a team that's broke silly records and a first league match of the season I find that astonishing.

Karappa

The CR7 Effect.

GOAT entertainer too.
That's still an absolutely amazing number considering the game started at 10:15 pm on a Sunday during the holidays. So either people would be away or if they weren't on vacation and had to work on the next day you would still think if it's worth it to go there knowing that the match would end after midnight and you would be home god knows when to watch a match against an opponent like Getafe where you expect a win as RM fan.

To somehow force a connection between the attendance number and Ronaldo's exit is absolutely ridiculous...

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
10:15 PM is prime time in Spain...

The issue is mostly down to people still being on holidays, weather being hot as feck, opponent, and yes, also the cristiano effect. Though that's less to do with him leaving and more to do with no marquee new signing by the club. If we were playing Valencia attendance would have been above 70k though anyways

Luke1995

Juve fans, don't be concerned. He always starts the season slow and hits his best form in the end.

Karappa

Goal average for Juventus in official games so far: 0.00 goals per 90 minutes :lol:

vincent11

Until January he had scored 3 goal in La Liga last season... he needs to adapt to the league and the team need to adapt to him, he's also been unlucky with GKs making some incredible saves

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
The argument you and others used in the Ronaldo vs Messi debate have always been that goals are all that matters and all other aspects of the game mean nothing. That changes when Ron doesn’t score though doesn’t it.
No, it doesn’t since I have never said or written that in my entire life...

In fact I am the one constantly arguing against that. I don’t want to think you’d just straight up lie about it since that would be incredibly pathetic so you’re probably just confusing me with other posters.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
I'm a little surprised that Juve was willing (and able) to pay €112m for him at his age. He may have several good years left due to his exceptional physique and professionalism, but still.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
If Juve doesn't get far in CL, or actually if they don't win it, will this be the most pointless transfer ever?

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Ronaldo was unlucky not to score but for god’s sake take him off free kicks when you have Pjanic on the team.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
If Juve doesn't get far in CL, or actually if they don't win it, will this be the most pointless transfer ever?
They have a league title to play against a Napoli team that will probably get around 90 points again so no... and besides that, the commercial side of this transfer can’t be ignored.

Was PSG signing Neymar completely pointless if they don’t win the CL? Is Barcelona signing Vidal completely pointless if they don’t win the CL?

el3mel

Ronaldo usual routine that huh ? Very slow start, then slams goals like hell in second part of the season. Scenario of every season for the last few years now.

He's a very slow starter for a season.

Sally Cinnamon

What a shock that he’s been found out without that Madrid squad around him. No goals so far in a pub league. Juve have done the double 4 years running so unless they do the treble this season it proves he’s not in that elite calibre.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
They have a league title to play against a Napoli team that will probably get around 90 points again so no... and besides that, the commercial side of this transfer can’t be ignored.
Yeah, they would win the league without Ronaldo too, just like they did 7 years in a row. Keep saying to yourself that Ronaldo is the main reason why they'll win it again.

Was PSG signing Neymar completely pointless if they don’t win the CL?
It was, from football point of view.

Eddy_JukeZ

Was PSG signing Neymar completely pointless if they don’t win the CL? Is Barcelona signing Vidal completely pointless if they don’t win the CL?
I'd be surprised if Napoli get close to 90 points with Ancelotti. We all know how poor he is for league campaigns.

In Rainbows

No, it doesn’t since I have never said or written that in my entire life...

In fact I am the one constantly arguing against that. I don’t want to think you’d just straight up lie about it since that would be incredibly pathetic so you’re probably just confusing me with other posters.
You didn't? Then how on earth did you come to the conclusion that Ronaldo is better than Messi?

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Yeah, they would win the league without Ronaldo too, just like they did 7 years in a row. Keep saying to yourself that Ronaldo is the main reason why they'll win it again.
Sure because the team they had 7 years ago is exactly like the one today minus Ronaldo, Napoli and Inter are just as good as they used to be too... I guess signing Higuain and Dybala was completely pointless too then given they were winning before they got there :houllier:

United signing Pogba was also completely pointless then... in fact, any team who signed a player and did not improve their results can also be said to have made a completely pointless signing regardless of all context or how it actually affected the team. So stupid of Chelsea to sign Hazard... completely pointless. They were Champions of Europe when they signed him and then didn’t win it again.

I’m sorry but anyone who argues that Juventus has to win the treble for Ronaldo to not be a pointless signing is out of their mind.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
They didn't get CR7 to win Serie A, they did it for the Champion's League that's eluded them for so long.

It was, from football point of view.
Not true, I can tell you that Ligue 1 is getting far more exposure and for a league that's of a lower level due to the fact that whenever a bright player starts shining they go off to the bigger leagues, it's pretty amazing to see talents like Neymar and Mbappe playing together. It's pointless from the other league's point of view who wished they had those two players strutting their stuff in front of their fans.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
I can tell you that Ligue 1 is getting far more exposure and for a league that's of a lower level due to the fact
Like I said, nothing in it for PSG from football point of view.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Sure because the team they had 7 years ago is exactly like the one today minus Ronaldo, Napoli and Inter are just as good as they used to be too... I guess signing Higuain and Dybala was completely pointless too then given they were winning before they got there :houllier:

United signing Pogba was also completely pointless then... in fact, any team who signed a player and did not improve their results can also be said to have made a completely pointless signing regardless of all context or how it actually affected the team. So stupid of Chelsea to sign Hazard... completely pointless. They were Champions of Europe when they signed him and then didn’t win it again.

I’m sorry but anyone who argues that Juventus has to win the treble for Ronaldo to not be a pointless signing is out of their mind.
Those exmples are nothing alike.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
I'd be surprised if Napoli get close to 90 points with Ancelotti. We all know how poor he is for league campaigns.
I’d be surprised if they didn’t. Ancelotti doesn’t have the best league record but he’s one of the best managers in football history.

Everyone should be expecting another close title race between Napoli and Juve. Napoli definitely have the squad for it.

You didn't? Then how on earth did you come to the conclusion that Ronaldo is better than Messi?
By watching them play, understanding the different facets of the game and the importance they have on their teams in context of the different competitions in the sport.

You can go on the Messi v Ronaldo thread to read more about this fresh debate that definitely does not have a million different discussion points that have been repeated over and over again.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Those exmples are nothing alike.
Yes, they are. You’re assuming Juventus will win the league this season because they did so last year which is obviously completely illogical.

It’s not just that but it gets even worse since you’re assuming they will win the league this year because they did it 6 years ago... with a completely different squad, a different manager and different competition.

You’re pretty much guaranteeing that if Juve had kept Higuain and not bought Ronaldo they would have 100% won this year’s Serie A... :houllier:

PuyolC

Supports
Barcelona
Yes, they are. You’re assuming Juventus will win the league this season because they did so last year which is obviously completely illogical.

It’s not just that but it gets even worse since you’re assuming they will win the league this year because they did it 6 years ago... with a completely different squad, a different manager and different competition.

You’re pretty much guaranteeing that if Juve had kept Higuain and not bought Ronaldo they would have 100% won this year’s Serie A... :houllier:
Yeah pretty much everyone would have bet on Juve winning the title even if they didn't buy Ronaldo.

Bayern and PSG won the league last season and everyone expect them to win it again. They had different teams during all these years just like Juve but everyone considers Bundesliga and Ligue 1 a one horse league.

Last year Napoli got close but there's no guarantee they will get again 90 points and anyway Juve won again for the 7th time in a row.

Anyway the point is that Agnelli bought Ronaldo for the CL, not to win more league titles. Ronaldo only has to win a CL during the 4 years of his contract to be considered a success, they can lose every scudetto for 4 years but it would all be forgotten if they win the CL.

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft

How can you compare Ronaldo transfer with those two? Neymar was 25 when PSG signed him from Barcelona and Barcelona signed Vidal for just €19 million. Ronaldo is 33 and signing a 33 year old player for €100 million who has spent all his peak years at his first two clubs is just daft no matter how you look at it. I actually hope Ronaldo turns out to be a success for Juventus but watching him in the past 2 games doesn't bode well. 180 minutes, 0 goals. He would need to average the kind of goalscoring ratio he gets for Real Madrid for Juventus to justify this transfer fee or he would be a flop and I think he might be in for a shock as the Italian Seria A is not an easy league to play in. Think he might be past it.

Status
Not open for further replies.