g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skorenzy

Although Messi's performance wasn´t great I think that he triyed a lot more, connected with Alba, Suarez and managed to assist a couple of times both of them, Ronaldo didn´t contribute in almost any aspect of the game, again, for a player of that caliber.
He literally did... a great long-range fk that required a strong hand from Oblak, some nice wingplay resulting in decent crosses and not to mention being quite secure when dribbling: that burst past Giménez into the box was excellent for a 34yo.
And at the end he set up a shot for Bernardeschi that required another Oblak save, from a fk. that in the past he would've always hit at goal.
Very different from his post-2014 RM style.

Messi was obviously a lot more influential in his game, but his dribbling, shooting and even passing have been sloppy since his return from injury.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Was anonymous tonight. Barely touched the ball in the second half.

keezw

Supports
Madrid
Because they hate that the greatest player to wear the white jersey of Madrid is not Spanish. His record their will probably never be broken. That club is so fake very 2 faced.
More likely because we know deep down he has the same mindset as you do. He is not even close to being our 'greatest' player as that's an insult to Colossus figures such as Don Alfredo Di Stefano, Raul Gonzalez or Sergio Ramos. Footballers who, aside from the enormous quality they offer on the pitch, also play for the shirt and honour it.

Our greatest player is not someone who used us as platform to achieve his individual goals and then spit in our faces, and we know what those are. He would have never been put on the same pedestal with the most dominant attacking player of all time if not for the exposure he got as a Madrid player.

Bojan11

The fact that you have to go back to that shows how difficult a task it's surely? I mean obviously it's not impossible. But rather freakishly unlikely. They still go out on a 3-1.
There have been comeback in the last few years.

I was only going back then because the poster added Atlético have amazing defence. So did that Milan team and it meant nothing. Anything can happen and 2-0 down is not impossible.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
More likely because we know deep down he has the same mindset as you do. He is not even close to being our 'greatest' player as that's an insult to Colossus figures such as Don Alfredo Di Stefano, Raul Gonzalez or Sergio Ramos. Footballers who, aside from the enormous quality they offer on the pitch, also play for the shirt and honour it.

Our greatest player is not someone who used us as platform to achieve his individual goals and then spit in our faces, and we know what those are. He would have never been put on the same pedestal with the most dominant attacking player of all time if not for the exposure he got as a Madrid player.
Loyalty goes both ways.

If there’s a player that best represents everything Real Madrid is about, both good things and bad things... it’s Cristiano Ronaldo. Wether you like that or not.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid

:confused::lol:

MrEleson

He is not even close to being our 'greatest' player as that's an insult to Colossus figures such as Don Alfredo Di Stefano, Raul Gonzalez or Sergio Ramos.
Moronic comment. Even the president that absolutely detests and loathes Ronaldo accepts his place next to Di Stefano as Real Madrid's greatest ever. Yet here is "keezw" from redcafe saying he isn't even as big a legend as Sergio Ramos or Raul:lol:

MrEleson

He would have never been put on the same pedestal with the most dominant attacking player of all time if not for the exposure he got as a Madrid player.
Right, Real Madrid gave him "exposure" to be become great. Not that he didn't already win everything at club level both collectively and individually before he even donned a white shirt:smirk: But no it was the "exposure" that real also gave to a player like Kaka that made Ronaldo the player he is..

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea

You can't be for real.

wub1234

Supports
Don't support a team
This is the problem with going to a one team league (Neymar already found this out).

Serie A is a walkover for Juventus. Quite honestly, anything other than winning the title would be an almost absurd failure (not quite as absurd as if PSG didn't win the league).

It's almost guaranteed that Juventus will get through the group stages of the Champions League.

So your whole season comes down to a few games in the knockout stages, against teams of roughly the same standard, and if you play one bad game then you're gone.

In general terms, it's an unfair way to judge players. Is Ronaldo a worse player because Juventus happened to lose this evening against a team who were always capable of beating them? No. Would he be a better player if Juventus had held out and drawn 0-0? No.

But you've set yourself up for this by going there in the first place. There is nothing else for Juventus to achieve, it means almost nothing if they win the league.

wub1234

Supports
Don't support a team
Yes, average. They had an easy run to the final two years ago and then struggled to make it past Spurs in the next. They have a lot of aging players and their Pogba replacement, Pjanic, was bang average tonight.
I don't think you can realistically describe a team that has won 7 consecutive titles, with almost inevitably an 8th coming this season, plus I think 4 consecutive trebles before this season, as average. Not as good as Real Madrid at their absolute peak, yes. Average, no.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
I don't think you can realistically describe a team that has won 7 consecutive titles, with almost inevitably an 8th coming this season, plus I think 4 consecutive trebles before this season, as average. Not as good as Real Madrid at their absolute peak, yes. Average, no.
Serie A isn't what it used to be you should know that by now.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Zidane understood him way better than Allegri does.
He's not 25 anymore, he should be used as the spear of the attack and have someone down his wing to fulfill the job of a traditional winger.
It's a shame because Mandzukic definitely has the physicality and presence to open up space for him but they rarely ever have the service needed for that to matter.

MrEleson

Shows how poor the quality of Serie A is. I've honestly tuned in to all of their games this season and not once have I felt the sense of dominance and superiority their league record suggests. Most of their victories have been very laboured. They play defensively against the worst teams in the league at home. Honestly, they're a notch below the likes of Barca, Real, Man City, Liverpool, etc

wub1234

Supports
Don't support a team
Serie A isn't what it used to be you should know that by now.
I'm fully aware of this, I grew up in the 80s and 90s when it was far, far stronger than it is now (to be fair, it was stronger than any domestic league is now).

I still don't think you can describe a team that has won one of the top three domestic leagues in Europe for seven consecutive seasons, and probably eight, as average.

Eriku

Good lord. I wonder what you’d make of him had you been a United fan :lol:

wub1234

Supports
Don't support a team
Shows how poor the quality of Serie A is. I've honestly tuned in to all of their games this season and not once have I felt the sense of dominance and superiority their league record suggests. Most of their victories have been very laboured. They play defensively against the worst teams in the league at home. Honestly, there a notch below the likes of Barca, Real, Man City, Liverpool, etc
Yeah, it's a rubbish league, full of mediocre teams. But, still, to win it eight times in a row surely means you're better than 'average'.

MrEleson

Yeah, it's a rubbish league, full of mediocre teams. But, still, to win it eight times in a row surely means you're better than 'average'.
they're a good team but they're just not amongst Europe's elite.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Juventus this year isn't dominating Serie A in the way that PSG dominates Ligue 1 or City in the prem last year.
They're barely ever smashing a team, they xG scored/conceided isn't impressive, It's a miracle that they're so far ahead given how they've been playing.

Don't need you can take a shit on Serie A due to the point gaps when Juve isn't that much better than Napoli imo.

wub1234

Supports
Don't support a team
they're a good team but they're just not amongst Europe's elite.
It would depend on how you define 'elite', but if you've won your domestic league eight times in a row, qualify for the knockout stages of the CL almost inevitably, have reached the CL final recently, would certainly be part of a European Super League, and have signed the second best player in the world (arguably) for nearly £100 million then I think you can be described as part of Europe's elite.

Anyway, Juventus are definitely not 'average', by any measure. Clearly they're not as good as Real when they had Modric, Bale, Isco, Kroos, Benzema, Marcelo, Carvajal, Ramos and Ronaldo on song, but they're not average.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
I'm fully aware of this, I grew up in the 80s and 90s when it was far, far stronger than it is now (to be fair, it was stronger than any domestic league is now).

I still don't think you can describe a team that has won one of the top three domestic leagues in Europe for seven consecutive seasons, and probably eight, as average.
Juve are a good side but they're playing against poor Serie a teams, most of the time they win by not even playing good football. Just look at how much trouble Spurs gave them last year.

Pocho

He literally did... a great long-range fk that required a strong hand from Oblak, some nice wingplay resulting in decent crosses and not to mention being quite secure when dribbling: that burst past Giménez into the box was excellent for a 34yo.
And at the end he set up a shot for Bernardeschi that required another Oblak save, from a fk. that in the past he would've always hit at goal.
Very different from his post-2014 RM style.

Messi was obviously a lot more influential in his game, but his dribbling, shooting and even passing have been sloppy since his return from injury.
Agree on Messi. By a top player standard Ronaldo's performance was poor, Juve needed a lot more from him. Imho

MrEleson

Agree on Messi. By a top player standard Ronaldo's performance was poor, Juve needed a lot more from him. Imho
Messi has the same kind of performances for Argentina that his fanboys ferociously defend saying it's the rest of the team and the "system" that lets Messi down

the_irish123

Goes to show Ronaldo needs Madrid much more than the opposite. Madrid won 7 champions league with Raul, Mijatovic, they would have won with Kroos, Marcelo and Modric regardless.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Ronaldo without the greatest midfield in the world and Ramos and Marcelo looks mediocre

Imagine if Madrid (who just thumped Atletico 3-1) go further than Juventus in CL :lol:

extincti fugax hominum

He could score 100 goals a season and you can still see the quality of his game is nowhere near good enough for a supposedly GOAT player. Stats are the only argument for his fanboys when defending this guy. He epitomizes the individualization in the game for the last 10 years or so for me.

Schneckerl

What is it with all the people coming out of the woodwork calling him finished or overrated for the 4th year in a row again? He wasn't even that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.