Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

izec

Yep. This time they won't turn this one around.
Not sure about that. I would put my money on Juve progressing. I remember them turning up at the Bernabeu last year, and if not for fecking Oliver, turning it around from 3-0.

At home a 2-0 deficit isnt that bad. They are hurt and will come out all guns blazing. If Atletico have an average day, they will progress

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Not sure about that. I would put my money on Juve progressing. I remember them turning up at the Bernabeu last year, and if not for fecking Oliver, turning it around from 3-0.

At home a 2-0 deficit isnt that bad. They are hurt and will come out all guns blazing. If Atletico have an average day, they will progress
Nah no chance. Atletico only need to score one. They have a better midfield, even against midtable teams on Serie A Juve struggles to score more than 1 or 2 goals. Juve and Dortmund are gone imo.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
For everyone asking what's the story behind Ronaldo leaving Real, no fan on the internet knows it, but we do know two things:

1. When tax evasion issue happened he was pissed at the club for not supporting him the way Barca supported Messi (which was the same as when Liverpool supported Suarez). The club told him that if he's guilty they can't support him for not paying his taxes. What kind if message would that send?

2. He wanted the club to compensate him for the fine he had to pay and the club told him that he needs to handle that with his management because the club has nothong to do with how he sets up his business (that's when Mendes came out in public and started attacking the club).

The rest is history. We won CL and his first reaction after the game was to steal all of the attention from the club and the team by saying he's not happy and he might leave. That obviously didn't go well with the fans and the club management.

My personal opinion is that he pushed too hard to get tax fine compensated by the club and at one point Perez had enough and told him to find a club willing to pay 100 mil €, pack up his shit and leave.
Decent summary. Madrid will not make a better transfer in history. Sign a player for £80m, keep him for his best years and sell him for a profit after 400+ goals.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
For everyone asking what's the story behind Ronaldo leaving Real, no fan on the internet knows it, but we do know two things:

1. When tax evasion issue happened he was pissed at the club for not supporting him the way Barca supported Messi (which was the same as when Liverpool supported Suarez). The club told him that if he's guilty they can't support him for not paying his taxes. What kind if message would that send?

2. He wanted the club to compensate him for the fine he had to pay and the club told him that he needs to handle that with his management because the club has nothong to do with how he sets up his business (that's when Mendes came out in public and started attacking the club).

The rest is history. We won CL and his first reaction after the game was to steal all of the attention from the club and the team by saying he's not happy and he might leave. That obviously didn't go well with the fans and the club management.

My personal opinion is that he pushed too hard to get tax fine compensated by the club and at one point Perez had enough and told him to find a club willing to pay 100 mil €, pack up his shit and leave.
All the Mendes players on Spain and Mourinho faced the same problems with the tax fraud. It tells us more about Mendes but anyway...

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG

I think the story is much more sample.

In 2009, Real Madrid acquired Cristiano for around 100 millions of euros and had a UNIQUE opportunity to sell a 33-year-old player at a similar price.

Real Madrid is a club capable to sell a player at the right time (Ozil, Di Maria..) and generate a capital gain.

Add the fact that Cristiano had high salary expectations whatever the reasons (salaries, taxes...).

Perfect financial and sporting acquisition. Great business.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Got to laugh at people coming here to gloat because Ronaldo's team didn't win, in a game where he was their best player... this Messi vs Ronaldo rivalry really is pathetic for some people. I haven't watched him much this season but I thought he looked very quick, amazing at 34 years old.
You're right.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
Got to laugh at people coming here to gloat because Ronaldo's team didn't win, in a game where he was their best player... this Messi vs Ronaldo rivalry really is pathetic for some people. I haven't watched him much this season but I thought he looked very quick, amazing at 34 years old.
I agree, same as Messi got when Argentina went out against France in the world cup, or Ole got when you guys lost to PSG.

I've seen a little of Ronaldo and he has seemed to be their best attacking player whenever I watched them/judging from highlights.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
If he ends up getting knocked out, he can also kiss goodbye to the Ballon d'Or and since I doubt Barcelona will win it, it'll be 5vs5 for a little while yet

RoyH1

If he ends up getting knocked out, he can also kiss goodbye to the Ballon d'Or and since I doubt Barcelona will win it, it'll be 5vs5 for a little while yet
If neither Messi or Ronaldo win the CL, I think Mbappé will have a big shot to win it. When was the last time a frenchman won it?

And regarding Ronaldo, the tie is not over yet people. Atletico has shat the bed so many times before. Even their fans will confess how much they have managed to snatch defeat away from the jaws of victory.

Shinjch

If neither Messi or Ronaldo win the CL, I think Mbappé will have a big shot to win it. When was the last time a frenchman won it?

And regarding Ronaldo, the tie is not over yet people. Atletico has shat the bed so many times before. Even their fans will confess how much they have managed to snatch defeat away from the jaws of victory.
Agreed, it's far from over. An early goal changes a lot.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
Jealousy of the GOAT will do that. Let them. They've been quiet all year.

gaucho_10

All the Mendes players on Spain and Mourinho faced the same problems with the tax fraud. It tells us more about Mendes but anyway...
True and I think it was Mendes who is really at fault for how Ronaldo left the club. Pepe also left the club in a shitty way and it was all down to Mednes. That guy is poison.

kouroux

It's not over at all. I think he will play a big part in knocking them out

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
True and I think it was Mendes who is really at fault for how Ronaldo left the club. Pepe also left the club in a shitty way and it was all down to Mednes. That guy is poison.
I have absolutely no simpathy for Mendes, but these guys are grown men responsible for their actions. Mended does their bidding.

Did any of these people blamed him for the tax problems? Or at the very least did any of them changed agents? No.

wr8_utd

:'(
If Juventus aren't part of Europes elite, who is? I guess it'd only be Barca & Madrid, judging by your standards because I think only those 2, and at a shout maybe Bayern and Atletico have performed similarly or better than Juve in Europe over the past 5 years?

Spend, or squad worth or whatever metrics you want to use are all a bit irrelevant. Achievement and results are what matters, surely?
If Juve aren't part of the current European elite, Barca probably aren't either (currently) as their record since they won it in 15 has been dismal.

wr8_utd

:'(
If none of Ronaldo, Messi or Mbappe win it, Ballan d'Or will definitely go to Messi. He's had an unbelievable season, there's no international tournament this year and I don't think any other team that wins the CL will have a player that can win the award. Also after the huge amount of criticism the award got for Messi finishing 5th last year, I think he's going to win it this time unless Mbappe/Ronaldo win the CL.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Yep. This time they won't turn this one around.
They just need one early goal and Simeone's inferiority complex will do wonders for Juve's odds.

One long shot, a free kick, set pieces, a penalty, random cross or a melee in the area, something like that goes Juve's way in the first 20 minutes and it's Atletico's game to lose,

kouroux

If none of Ronaldo, Messi or Mbappe win it, Ballan d'Or will definitely go to Messi. He's had an unbelievable season, there's no international tournament this year and I don't think any other team that wins the CL will have a player that can win the award. Also after the huge amount of criticism the award got for Messi finishing 5th last year, I think he's going to win it this time unless Mbappe/Ronaldo win the CL.
Don't be so sure, voting system has changed after all. Journos might still give it to a CL winner

Gomes

Because he's good, rich, famous and handsome and we're all jealous?
Well you definetely seem to be.
Why the feck shouldn't he answer to opposition fans like that? There was nothing wrong when Mourinho did it to Juventus fans and there is nothing wrong now.

lawliet354

Bit of a chicken egg story. Was Ronaldo an insufferable twat first and did crowds around the world react to that, or is it the other way around?
The crowd gave him stick all game, Ronaldo replied with the "5" gesture while the game was 0-0, that was great banter. Being insufferable twat after losing is just silly, reminds me of certain older Portuguese man that demands "respect, respect, respect".

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Definitely can see Juventus winning the second leg 3-0 with Cristiano playing a big part.

Atlético haven’t been their great defensive self this season and have imploded in a few games.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Well you definetely seem to be.
Why the feck shouldn't he answer to opposition fans like that? There was nothing wrong when Mourinho did it to Juventus fans and there is nothing wrong now.
I can't get my head around the fact that some people actually think it's because of jealousy. I really can't.

Did you ever stop to think that some people get more flak than others because they weren't blessed with a likable personality or demeanor? He's vain, confident to the point (well beyond it) of arrogance, and extremely sore loser. Some people are just easy to dislike, Ronaldo, Mourinho, Neymar, Griezman, Memphis, Robben. I mean, I'm a big fan of Arjen Robben, but I don't for a second think so many people think he's a twat because they're jealous. He's simply a whiny cnut sometimes and if you have no vested interest in him doing well, chances are you won't like him.

Ronaldo doesn't have to do anything, he can react to those fans in whichever way he wants. For all I care he moons the crowd and reveals a tattoo of Simeone being bummed by a gang of leprechauns in Juve shirts. That's beside the point. He's just a bit of a tit. He's also however, extremely good and if you support his team or his country, why would you care.

And on the note of booing, aren't atletico and Real rivals? And didn't Ronaldo do quite okay for Real?

MrEleson

If Juventus aren't part of Europes elite, who is? I guess it'd only be Barca & Madrid, judging by your standards because I think only those 2, and at a shout maybe Bayern and Atletico have performed similarly or better than Juve in Europe over the past 5 years?

Spend, or squad worth or whatever metrics you want to use are all a bit irrelevant. Achievement and results are what matters, surely?
Forget about the record. The sides haven’t been the same so it’s pointless looking at what they did in 2015. Just look at their midfield and how they play this season. They struggle against even the weakest teams in Serie A at home and haven’t scored more than 3 goals in a single game this season. They lack any sort of identity which leads to most of their victories being very laboured or determined by individual brilliance. A midfield of Khedira, Matuidi, Can and Bentancur is in no shape or form elite. Those players are all average. Pjanic is the only baller they have and he’s not World Class. They’re like Ferrari with a Chinese motor hidden inside.

SirAF

Ageist

This.

RedDevil@84

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
Seems like I touched a nerve with some of the girls on here!

For the record I dont think he played that bad was just a sarcastic comment about a potential OG, seemed to go over some heads...

Also an update on the rape thing? Don't believe her at all.

Canagel

Beginning of the end as Top Elite player?
not yet. he's obviously past his prime but still maintains some world class attributes that can be useful for a top team. even in 34 and on the decline he still remained the teams best player on the night.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Forget about the record. The sides haven’t been the same so it’s pointless looking at what they did in 2015. Just look at their midfield and how they play this season. They struggle against even the weakest teams in Serie A at home and haven’t scored more than 3 goals in a single game this season. They lack any sort of identity which leads to most of their victories being very laboured or determined by individual brilliance. A midfield of Khedira, Matuidi, Can and Bentancur is in no shape or form elite. Those players are all average. Pjanic is the only baller they have and he’s not World Class. They’re like Ferrari with a Chinese motor hidden inside.
I think you're right. Have the feeling many posters here want to take their "revenge" on those who didn't let the equally justified excuses count when his Argie rival was in the very same situation.

Won't change that this midfield isn't competitive at the very top though. I wouldn't say they are chanceless since you can always fluke a result and then draw easier teams but they aren't as good as they used to be with Pirlo, Pogba and Vidal in midfield.

MrEleson

If Juve don’t win the Champions League and Barcelona don’t either then it will probably go to who does better in this summer’s international tournament to decide the Ballon D’or. Messi still has the Copa America to play while Ronaldo has the Nations League to feature in although it is a smaller competition.

gibers

People on here still doubting the GOAT CL player.

Watch El Kommander score a hattrick in the return leg

Status
Not open for further replies.