Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Nonsense. Lewa is currently the better player. Age catches everyone and it looks like while he's still phenomenal, he's not the player he was. No shame in that, he's one of the best of all time, still the best in Serie A and one of the top 4 or 5 players in the world. He's just not at Lewa's level. Lewa has improved, Ronnie has declined, its hardly a travesty relax.
Don't you think the 4 year age gap between the two you are comparing matters? Especially when they are at the wrong side of 30s? 4 years ago Ronaldo was still helping Real win UCLs.

Ronaldo has declined, the UCL project by Juve has failed spectacularly but put a 4 year younger cr7 in that bayern side and there is an argument to be made whether who would fare better between lewa and cr7.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Glad to see I'm not the only one saying the same here. Of course, you're the guy's biggest fan I have ever seen and I am a big one too, but I know we both watch all of Juve's games and I know we are being extremely sincere when we say it's an actual achievement he's gonna score some 35 or 40 goals this season with such a bad attacking team, and that in a decent attacking team he'd have another 10 goals on top.
I’m a bigger fan of Sebastian Coates at the moment :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::wenger:

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Are Juventus also "significantly worse" than Ajax, Lyon and Porto? :lol:
Then Ajax that season yes as they’re were one of the best teams in the CL that season.

Lyon and Porto of course they should have beaten. That just shows how shit these players are in that squad but most importantly how shit the coaches were.

Somehow someway they managed to get a worse coach then sarri. I don’t even know how That’s possible

SwedishFish

Then Ajax that season yes as they’re were one of the best teams in the CL that season.

Lyon and Porto of course they should have beaten. That just shows how shit these players are in that squad but most importantly how shit the coaches were.

Somehow someway they managed to get a worse coach then sarri. I don’t even know how That’s possible
Sarri isn't that bad, he just plays incredibly dire football. But he grinds out results. Pirlo is just massively out of his depth. They really sacked Sarri without any contemplation about who should replace him. A fatal mistake for Juventus.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
What a waste of Ronaldo‘s last good years and Juve‘s money this transfer has turned out to be.

Seto007

Juventus purchased Ronaldo to win the Champions League, he is a massive failure at Juventus no question. Yes he was a success at United and Real Madrid but now he's declined badly and should go to the MLS to join Beckham in Miami. He's no longer elite level.

how can Ronaldo justify still playing internationally for both club and country at 36!? He needs to stop his vanity and accept father time waits for nobody.

Ronaldo is finished. And when Portugal get eliminated at the Euros that will be proven again .. sad but true. It's time for the younger players to shine.

RUCK4444

What a waste of Ronaldo‘s last good years and Juve‘s money this transfer has turned out to be.
Yup. Called this. Should have come back to United and scored all the dozens and dozens of missed chances Martial and Rashford have had this season. :(

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
Juventus must get rid of him

€ 31 mln net a-season (around € 55 mln before taxes) + € 25 mln annual amortization -> € 80 mln every season on Juventus' books just to be eliminated by Olympique Lyonnais and Porto..

If Juventus get rid of him then they'd have space on their books to sign 3 top players and rebuild their squad.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic

But you surely see my point, no?

Real Madrid win = Ronaldo GOAT.
Juventus lose = Ronaldo blameless. Everyone else terrible.

Juventus brought him in to win the CL. It has been a massive failure.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Don't you think the 4 year age gap between the two you are comparing matters? Especially when they are at the wrong side of 30s? 4 years ago Ronaldo was still helping Real win UCLs.

Ronaldo has declined, the UCL project by Juve has failed spectacularly but put a 4 year younger cr7 in that bayern side and there is an argument to be made whether who would fare better between lewa and cr7.
I do 100%. Thats why I said Lewa is the better player now not then. Simple really 2020/21 Lewa > CR7, every season before 19/20 CR7 >> Lewa. I mean its pretty much exactly what I typed, age comes for everyone. We're not dealing with Ronnie from 4 years ago though, we're dealing with a poster saying current Ronnie would outscore Lewa if he was at Bayern and while its not out of the realms of possibility it is very unlikely given what we've seen from both over the last 18-24 months. There is no doubt even a 33 year old Ronaldo is the far superior player to current Lewa. One would have to be mental to argue otherwise.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I do 100%. Thats why I said Lewa is the better player now not then. Simple really 2020/21 Lewa > CR7, every season before 19/20 CR7 >> Lewa. I mean its pretty much exactly what I typed, age comes for everyone. We're not dealing with Ronnie from 4 years ago though, we're dealing with a poster saying current Ronnie would outscore Lewa if he was at Bayern and while its not out of the realms of possibility it is very unlikely given what we've seen from both over the last 18-24 months. There is no doubt even a 33 year old Ronaldo is the far superior player to current Lewa. One would have to be mental to argue otherwise.
Oh, I wasn't following the initial posts. Nvm

MrEleson

This season?

Lewandowski, Haaland, Mbappé, Neymar. That's it i'd say. Likes of Messi, Suarez, Kane, Lukaku, Ibra, Grealish, Bruno have been on a similar level, but wouldn't say better
The guy was talking all-time. He said Ronaldo was no more than 9-10th so I just wanted to see his all-time top 10 ranking. But yeah, I generally agree.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
But you surely see my point, no?

Real Madrid win = Ronaldo GOAT.
Juventus lose = Ronaldo blameless. Everyone else terrible.

Juventus brought him in to win the CL. It has been a massive failure.
It doesn’t make sense to rely on 36 year old player to win CL for them. PSG has spent much more on Neymar and Mbappe etc, they still couldn’t win it.

Well in fact Barca has spend 555m on Messi last 4 years to win major trophies and of course CL too.. it has been massive failure if use same reasoning.

But yes, it has been disappointing in terms of trophies. Individually you can’t ask for more though, he has scored a lot of goals for them.

Last edited:

SwedishFish

It doesn’t make sense to rely on 36 year old player to win CL for them. PSG has spent much more on Neymar and Mbappe etc, they still couldn’t win it.

Well in fact Barca has spend 555m on Messi last 4 years to win major trophies and of course CL too.. it has been massive failure if use same reasoning.

But yes, it has been disappointing in terms of trophies. Individually you can’t ask for more, he has scored a lot of goals for them.
Well yes, I'd imagine that PSG would say that it's a massive disappointment since that was what the Mbappe/Neymar transfers were all about.

The same goes for Barcelona who've not only sacrificed their economy with wages for Messi but by getting expensive short-term solutions to try to keep him happy. I'd say that's disappointing.

Individually, Ronaldo has dropped off slightly, however there are many factors that it could be attributed to, but safe to say the Ronaldo Juventus experiment hasn't worked out like either party hoped for.

Ronaldo was supposed to be the final piece of the puzzle to get them over the line and win a Champions League and today they are further away from it than they've been in a long time. That isn't Ronaldo's fault of course, he's just not been what they hoped for or what they've needed neither now nor in the future. Juventus needs a rebuild, they already have a few young big talents and the team needs to be centered around them as they look to the long-term because realistically, they aren't winning the Champions League anytime soon.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Well yes, I'd imagine that PSG would say that it's a massive disappointment since that was what the Mbappe/Neymar transfers were all about.

The same goes for Barcelona who've not only sacrificed their economy with wages for Messi but by getting expensive short-term solutions to try to keep him happy. I'd say that's disappointing.

Individually, Ronaldo has dropped off slightly, however there are many factors that it could be attributed to, but safe to say the Ronaldo Juventus experiment hasn't worked out like either party hoped for.

Ronaldo was supposed to be the final piece of the puzzle to get them over the line and win a Champions League and today they are further away from it than they've been in a long time. That isn't Ronaldo's fault of course, he's just not been what they hoped for or what they've needed neither now nor in the future. Juventus needs a rebuild, they already have a few young big talents and the team needs to be centered around them as they look to the long-term because realistically, they aren't winning the Champions League anytime soon.
Well there’s no single player you can bought to guarantee CL trophy throughout history of mankind, not even peak Maradona or Messi or L.Ronaldo can do it, why expected on 36 year old Ronaldo to do it for Juventus? It’s unrealistic expectation. I mean, do anyone really expect Juventus to win CL? There obviously lots of other issues in their team which need to ge fixed. Speaking of that, they surely spent a lot on Ronaldo, but there is surely benefits on commercial side.

Trophy wise they didn’t do better than expected, it’s a disappointment. Overall speaking Ronaldo has scored 92 goals in 121 games for them, I am sure no one does better for them in terms of goals per game throughout their long history, so I think he has done good enough for his price tag. Just that, they bought him to play for them at age 34-36, they should have know he isn’t superhuman anymore, can’t really expect more from him.

If we buy Messi next summer, should we expect to win CL too? If not, then any clubs who wants to buy Messi (with mega wages) would be destined to failure

Last edited:

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Today for the first time in many years I am not going to be soft on him. Enough with blaming every Juventus manager for the poor performances in the Champions League.

First it was Allegri’s fault because he was pragmatic, then it was Sarri who was awful, to be replaced by a rookie who is a legend as a player for Italy.

Ffs, he should have been subbed off at half-time, he was rested against Lazio to deliver one of his most pathetic performances I have ever seen.

He was so bad during 210 minutes that beside Pepe, fecking Mbemba and Manafa won almost every duel against him, he cannot dribble, he stays static in the middle of the area expecting 500 hundred Chiesa or Cuadrado crosses, I guess Pepe couldn’t predict that was the plan.

And if this is the type of shit we will have to take from him in the NT, better for him to accept he isn’t the “player”anymore. He is one amongst many, and if Santos doesn’t understand it they can both leave.

The best thing he can do now is to be a bit humble for the first time on his life and at least apologise to Juventus fans.

Regardless of that congratulations to Porto, no matter how cnuts they are, how terrible Conceição, Pepe or Sergio Oliveira are, I have to admit even when they don’t have money they are by far the best football club in Portugal at least from the last 25 years, if not more.

And I will not answer to Ronaldo fanboys this time, fed up of excuses.

Raredaredevil

This isn't peak Ronaldo anymore. I don't know what Juve was thinking by believing that bringing him could instantly win them the CL when the irony is they were much closer to winning the CL before he joined. They have to sacrifice a lot of steel in their midfield for him and I feel like they've gone backwards since he joined. Of course the terrible appointment of Pirlo didn't help things. They were such a machine and so consistent under Allegri. Then they got rid of him and brought in Sarri to play beautiful football, turns out his style was so boring. Then they appointed Pirlo because they wanted to follow the trend of ex player legend manager because every big club is doing it and thinking they could unearth a Guardiola but he turns out to be so amateur. A case of be careful with what you wish for. I kind of feel sorry for Ronaldo because he still scores them lots of goals and he is wasting his final years. Still he has obviously declined now and he is more of a goal poacher these days than a complete footballer.

teteus

Supports
Flamengo
Cristiano Ronaldo has become too reliant on the ball coming to him. He doesn't have the pace and skill of before due to age, he needs a good midfield to feed him. And Juventus isn't. Yet he still scores many goals. Though today, he was truly terrible, one of the worst games I ever saw by him, if not the worst. I think that peak Cristiano Ronaldo is mid-2010s. Already a lethal goal machine while still being a skilled dribbler with pace and able to decide the game by himself no matter what.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona

signing griezman and Coutinho had nothing to do with Messi, it was an incompetent board

ReallyUSA

The man scored 42 percent of the team's goals in league. He's 36, and people coming at him for just having an assist. Rabiot skying the last chance should be talk of the town.

RashyForPM

Today for the first time in many years I am not going to be soft on him. Enough with blaming every Juventus manager for the poor performances in the Champions League.

First it was Allegri’s fault because he was pragmatic, then it was Sarri who was awful, to be replaced by a rookie who is a legend as a player for Italy.

Ffs, he should have been subbed off at half-time, he was rested against Lazio to deliver one of his most pathetic performances I have ever seen.

He was so bad during 210 minutes that beside Pepe, fecking Mbemba and Manafa won almost every duel against him, he cannot dribble, he stays static in the middle of the area expecting 500 hundred Chiesa or Cuadrado crosses, I guess Pepe couldn’t predict that was the plan.

And if this is the type of shit we will have to take from him in the NT, better for him to accept he isn’t the “player”anymore. He is one amongst many, and if Santos doesn’t understand it they can both leave.

The best thing he can do now is to be a bit humble for the first time on his life and at least apologise to Juventus fans.

Regardless of that congratulations to Porto, no matter how cnuts they are, how terrible Conceição, Pepe or Sergio Oliveira are, I have to admit even when they don’t have money they are by far the best football club in Portugal at least from the last 25 years, if not more.

Fair enough for being real. I love Ronaldo too and he did almost drag them over the line against Lyon last year, but regardless of the players around him, he was shocking last night. At this present moment, he is simply not as good as Haaland, just as Messi is not as good as Mbappe.

For the Portugal NT though, I feel he’ll have it in him to resemble something close to the old Ronaldo for one more tournament.

mdvmia

Supports
Barcelona
He was brought to take Juventus to another level and you can't say he hasn't achieved that. They went from dominating domestically in Italy and being one of the top contenders each year in the Champions League to now losing in the early knockout rounds against Europa League level teams and seeing their grip on domestic trophies slip away.

Here are some stats as well for the Ronaldo fans on here that keep talking as if Juve is this dreadful attacking team and that Ronaldo is pulling off miracles to put up the numbers he has.

Goal contributions this season for Juventus in all competitions without penalties
Ronaldo: 24 in 2691 minutes (112 minutes per goal/assist)
Morata: 25 in 2072 minutes (83 minutes per goal/assist)
Chiesa: 19 in 2088 (110 minutes per goal/assist)

Before you think about pushing this narrative that Ronaldo would be outperforming Lewandowski at Bayern and that it's just his teammates holding him back, remember that Ronaldo is getting outperformed statistically by a striker that couldn't make it at Chelsea or Atletico and by a wide player from Fiorentina that has played as a wingback for a lot of the season.

Reactions: Penna

Ladron de redcafe

The man scored 42 percent of the team's goals in league. He's 36, and people coming at him for just having an assist. Rabiot skying the last chance should be talk of the town.
"Assist". He was the worst Juvrntus player over the two legs and simply touched a ball that Chiesa struck into the top corner (1 of his 3 goals during his knockout tie compared to Ronaldo's....zero).

Rabiot scored the other goal. And Rabiot wasn't the one who lifted his feet during the freekick which resulted in the goal that knocked out Juventus from the Champions League. There is one man to blame for this mess, this time, and the right man is being correctly criticized.

jackal&hyde

He was not good but come on. If it was against Bayern I would understand putting your hopes on the "star" player, but against Porto, conceding 4 and playing like that, it's on the manager all day long.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He was not good but come on. If it was against Bayern I would understand putting your hopes on the "star" player, but against Porto, conceding 4 and playing like that, it's on the manager all day long.
Exactly.

Ronaldo could have done better but a team that let's 4 goals to be scored against you by Porto are not winning a CL.

Strikers wins you matches but defences wins you league or some stuff like that.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
He's still bagged himself a nice amount of goals and some much needed league titles.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He's still bagged himself a nice amount of goals and some much needed league titles.
He will score at anywhere anyways. Winning only 2 league titles in 3 years is not bad but not that good. Should he stay at Real he would have won 1 or 2 league title, and score similar amount of goals too, or more. I always thought Juventus as a team does not match his style. Their slow possession football is boring and too defensive mind. There’s nothing exciting about their attack play at all, there’s lack of crossing and creative pass to pick up his run, although he has been slower too due to his age.

If he wants more league titles and goals record, he should just move to PSG, where he will have plenty of chances put into plate for him. I think it’s best he get his 100th goals for Juventus by end of this season then leave in summer, and then move to PSG for last 2 years of his career. Then when he retires he will get 2 more league titles and reach around 850 career goals or something, which is not bad way to retire. Imagine, 850 career goals. it will take 17 seasons of scoring 50 goals every season. No one can break it for long time.

Last edited:

Bebestation

I dont think he is that much of a great manager - but I'd love to see Zidane managing at Juventus and trying to get the best out of Ronaldo one last time.

Skills

Snitch
Erm what? Why would you put all your hopes on a star player against a vastly superior team in all areas of the pitch?

Gehrman

He will score at anywhere anyways. Winning only 2 league titles in 3 years is not bad but not that good. Should he stay at Real he would have won 1 or 2 league title, and score similar amount of goals too, or more. I always thought Juventus as a team does not match his style. Their slow possession football is boring and too defensive mind. There’s nothing exciting about their attack play at all, there’s lack of crossing and creative pass to pick up his run, although he has been slower too due to his age.

If he wants more league titles and goals record, he should just move to PSG, where he will have plenty of chances put into plate for him. I think it’s best he get his 100th goals for Juventus by end of this season then leave in summer, and then move to PSG for last 2 years of his career. Then when he retires he will get 2 more league titles and reach around 850 career goals or something, which is not bad way to retire. Imagine, 850 career goals. it will take 17 seasons of scoring 50 goals every season. No one can break it for long time.
PSG isn't taking Ronaldo at 36 with Neymar and Mpbappe there unless Ronaldo takes a hefty wage cut.

Gehrman

while it is true he was horrible yesterday, but what's up with everytime Messi/CR7 lose a match, people bumping their threads and calling them finished/waste of money:lol:
This whole thing with Messi or Ronaldo getting knocked out of the CL is stupid, rather than Barcelona and Juventus getting knocked out. At the end of the day it's a 11 vs 11 team sport. It takes more than 1 player performing to consistently win the thing.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
PSG isn't taking Ronaldo at 36 with Neymar and Mpbappe there unless Ronaldo takes a hefty wage cut.
If PSG can’t afford him, no one else can.
Anyway I heard his annual Instagram income is more than his annual wages at Juventus, so maybe he wouldn’t care much for some wage cut, as he can easily earn back the loss elsewhere.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Exactly.

Ronaldo could have done better but a team that let's 4 goals to be scored against you by Porto are not winning a CL.

Strikers wins you matches but defences wins you league or some stuff like that.
hope you use this same reason when Barca let in all those goals in CL

Bebestation

hope you use this same reason when Barca let in all those goals in CL
Hopefully messi doesnt stay at Barcelona now that he has a new worker for him on the board. I'd love to see him at City and see how he plays against tough defences from Burnley to Liverpool's pre injury defences. When you see Kounde running through the opposition defence it says alot about the La Liga defences just as much as the ability to attack. :drool:

Just know it wont happen though because he is settled in spain where the ball is mostly on the ground 95% of the time than on the air.

He is still the 2nd best player of all time.

Losing 4-4 to porto highlights Juventus attacking ability aswell as defensive inability.

Likewise losing to Bayern Munich 8-2 highlights Barcelona's lack of defensive ability as well as questionable attacking ability post Luis Enrique tenures.

Anyway I'm just trying to be a lil cheeky against the Messi fans in the Ronaldo thread. Hopefully I dont wind you up. Much love :angel:

Pep's Suit

At least some people will finally stop with that nonsense about the brave Ronaldo who refused to loss and won everything on his own.

dinostar77

Age catches up with everyone eventually. Juventus took a big bet on Ronaldo and it didnt work. Tbf, Ronaldo took a bet on them as well. Maybe he should have stayed at Madrid. Maybe he might have gotten one more CL trophy and another ballon d'or. Who knows.

As others have speculated i can see him moving to USA and playing their for a few years.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
When is his contract up? I think Juventus need to save that money and build their squad again. They still have a chance to win the scudetto but they can normally do that sleepwalking.

All those penny pinching and freebie signings and they waste all that money on an ageing Ronaldo was terrible business in hindsight.

Any chance Cristiano goes back to Madrid?

Status
Not open for further replies.