Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I think it's cringe from the Utd social team to be honest. Ronaldo left Utd fecking 12 years ago. Move on. He even used the word slave to describe his situation.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
My hot take is that Portugal would be better with Andre Silva playing at striker instead of Ronaldo. Portugal have probably the best collection of attacking midfielders of any side in the world - why on earth is Ronaldo insisting on dropping deep and/or moving out to the left wing? I lost track of how many times attacking moves petered out because Ronaldo wasn't in the box - you'd fancy his chances to get on the end of a cross at some point but there were so many occasions where Guerreiro got through only to have to stop and turn around because there was nothing to aim at in the 18.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I can't remember another time another time where our socials hyped players contracted to other clubs like this. Absolutely unbelievable.
He's coming home. :drool:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I think it's cringe from the Utd social team to be honest. Ronaldo left Utd fecking 12 years ago. Move on. He even used the word slave to describe his situation.
That was Blatter. And he wanted to go as far back as 2006 World Cup so he gave us plenty.

Number32

Betrayal is harsh but United was definitely a "stepping stone" in the journey. The way he went about it also left a salty taste with "slavery" and "god only knows" comments and the way he conducted himself. I remember a game in which he basically self subbed himself.

Overall can't fault someone for playing for Real Madrid. They are the undisputed biggest club regardless of what we say around here. I just wish we'd gotten more of his "prime" years than Real did.
"Stepping stone" is also harsh, because he has won everything that he could achieve with United. From the team's silverwares to the individual awards, he got it all.

Real came for him in 2008, but he and fergie decided to go for one more year. I agree Real Madrid is the biggest club, but his decision to move to Madrid not only because he wanted more silverwares, but also family issue.

Madrid is his mother's dream, and the media had learned it long before his transfer saga with Perez. He also had a chance to leaves us after a clash with Rooney, but we all know what happened after that. You could say United was his "stepping stone" if he did leaves in 2006.

RedDevilzFox

"Stepping stone" is also harsh, because he has won everything that he could achieve with United. From the team's silverwares to the individual awards, he got it all.

Real came for him in 2008, but he and fergie decided to go for one more year. I agree Real Madrid is the biggest club, but his decision to move to Madrid not only because he wanted more silverwares, but also family issue.

Madrid is his mother's dream, and the media had learned it long before his transfer saga with Perez. He also had a chance to leaves us after a clash with Rooney, but we all know what happened after that. You could say United was his "stepping stone" if he did leaves in 2006.
It was definitely a "stepping stone". To be fair to him I think I always heard him say he wanted to play for real, even as soon as he arrived I think or not long after.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Also, if Ronaldo treated Man United as bad as some of you are saying Sir Alex would not respect him the amount he does. Sir Alex took no crap from anyone to the point he even went a bit too far at times with players wanting to leave. Fact is, he fully respects Ronaldo to this day. As a professional what matters is he gave 100% on the pitch even during the year he knew he was most likely leaving.

Kamprad

Great player of course. Loved what he did with Coca-cola. But it’s typical Cristiano to score the second and third but not the most important first goal.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Great player of course. Loved what he did with Coca-cola. But it’s typical Cristiano to score the second and third but not the most important first goal.
What a strange thing to say. I only caught the last 15 minutes, but he was linking up play non-stop in that time, including for the goal.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
There's a youtube video "Ronaldo all touches vs Hungary" how anyone can watch that and think he had a 1/10 performances is just sad.
1/10 is over the top but he certainly wasn't good. He needs to stop dropping deep to get involved; it completely kills Portugal's attack against low blocks.

RedDevilzFox

Also, if Ronaldo treated Man United as bad as some of you are saying Sir Alex would not respect him the amount he does. Sir Alex took no crap from anyone to the point he even went a bit too far at times with players wanting to leave. Fact is, he fully respects Ronaldo to this day. As a professional what matters is he gave 100% on the pitch even during the year he knew he was most likely leaving.
No one is denying Ronaldo's work ethic. But let's be honest, Sir Alex never had a player of his caliber in his career. Towards the end, CR was a beast in a class all his own. Ronaldo made it pretty clear he wanted out. There would be nothing for ferguson to gain to flog him to Real, if anything, ferguson needed him, not the other way around.

Its amazing to me how far some united fans go to "defend" ronaldo and slag rooney.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
These were the only goals he's ever scored at the Euros while we were winning the game.

tomaldinho1

Is it though? I seem to remember his CL final for us and against Juve for Real he scored first. That’s 2 off the top of my head that disprove an already very weird parameter.

Kamprad

What a strange thing to say. I only caught the last 15 minutes, but he was linking up play non-stop in that time, including for the goal.
These were the only goals he's ever scored at the Euros while we were winning the game.
Is it though? I seem to remember his CL final for us and against Juve for Real he scored first. That’s 2 off the top of my head that disprove an already very weird parameter.
Well its not like he’s never scored important goals. But even though I haven’t seen any statistics suggesting it I’m sure the percentage of his goals that were scored when his teams already were one or a few goals up are very high compared to other players. Would love to see the statistics by the way if anyone know where to find it. Could be wrong but I don’t think so. Also percentage scored against bad vs good teams would be nice.

Red Stone

Well its not like he’s never scored important goals. But even though I haven’t seen any statistics suggesting it I’m sure the percentage of his goals that were scored when his teams already were one or a few goals up are very high compared to other players. Would love to see the statistics by the way if anyone know where to find it. Could be wrong but I don’t think so. Also percentage scored against bad vs good teams would be nice.
That's a very long-winded way of saying you pulled an argument directly from the depths of your own arse with nothing but a gut feeling to back it up.

tomaldinho1

See @Red Stone post. Guy scores against everyone.

Kamprad

That's a very long-winded way of saying you pulled an argument directly from the depths of your own arse with nothing but a gut feeling to back it up.
Oh please... Do me a favour and copy and paste that sentence everytime someone post an argument without backing it up with statistics.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Oh please... Do me a favour and copy and paste that sentence everytime someone post an argument without backing it up with statistics.
According to this report Ronaldo has, apparently, scored more match winning goals than anyone else in the top 5 European leagues with 146. I don't think this counts cups or international matches but it might.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
:lol:

PaulScholes99

Maybe you should think a bit more about this. In european qualifiers you mostly play against teams that are "small" (in comparison in conembol qualifiers you play against far more "big" teams) so Ronaldo had far more games against teams outside the top 50 then Messi and less against teams inside the top 50. This article proofs nothing.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Huuuuuhhh

The things I read on here some times lord have mercy

Kamprad

According to this report Ronaldo has, apparently, scored more match winning goals than anyone else in the top 5 European leagues with 146. I don't think this counts cups or international matches but it might.
Impressive of course. As I said he’s a great player with an extraordinary career. But still, I’m talking percentage. In relation to other players many of his goals are against small teams and when his team are already winning comfortably. Or even losing comfortoably. That’s all I’m saying. It has partly to do with the fact that he is a good counter player but also that he doesn’t stop trying hard when the games already are won or lost. He still wants to score. Get his individual goal statistics up. Call it gut feeling or whatever but I’m sure I’m right.

Kamprad

Maybe you should think a bit more about this. In european qualifiers you mostly play against teams that are "small" (in comparison in conembol qualifiers you play against far more "big" teams) so Ronaldo had far more games against teams outside the top 50 then Messi and less against teams inside the top 50. This article proofs nothing.
True. But I want to see club statistics before dropping my claims.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Impressive of course. As I said he’s a great player with an extraordinary career. But still, I’m talking percentage. In relation to other players many of his goals are against small teams and when his team are already winning comfortably. Or even losing comfortoably. That’s all I’m saying. It has partly to do with the fact that he is a good counter player but also that he doesn’t stop trying hard when the games already are won or lost. He still wants to score. Get his individual goal statistics up. Call it gut feeling or whatever but I’m sure I’m right.
Ah yes, the hallmark of someone who definitely knows what they're talking about

Number32

It was definitely a "stepping stone". To be fair to him I think I always heard him say he wanted to play for real, even as soon as he arrived I think or not long after.
There's nothing wrong with that, everyone has a favourite club. Stepping stone if he just used United to jump to another level with less achievement. He gave everything and achieve everything, even United was in a better position than Real when he leaves.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
That report literally says 1 in 4 of his goals gets his team 3 points or wins a cup game or final. Doesn't really matter how big the opponent is.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
2-1 vs Netherlands 2012

first goal vs Netherlands semi finals 04

1-0 goal vs czech QF 2012

1-0 vs Wales semi final 16

3 goals vs Spain 18

3 goals vs Wolfsburg16

3 goals vs atlético 19

1-0 vs barca final

1-0 vs Juve final

1-0 vs Juve semi final

1-0 vs barca copa del Rey final

1-0 vs Sweden playoffs

3-2 vs Sweden playoffs

Should I keep going? These were literally all off the top of my head.

your high.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
There's this article that claims Ronaldo has scored 207 match winning goals in 886 games at club level. Messi's stats are also there if you want to convert them into percentages and compare (they're almost identical, Ronnie with the slight edge). Ignore the screenshot saying Ronnie's scored the most match winning goals in top 5 leagues/Champions league/ internationally/in domestic cups. It might be true but it's from a suspended twitter account so probably not very reliable.

There's also this other 5 year old article with yet another Ronaldo/Messi comparison. It suggests (While at Madrid at least) that Ronaldo was slightly more effective at scoring when the chips were down.

PaulScholes99

True. But I want to see club statistics before dropping my claims.
I don't know the stats about league games, but Ronaldo has scored far more goals than Messi in CL-knockout games (can't proof it, i know it because i made a excel file like 2 years ago to compare their cl stats but i can't find it unfortunately, was on my old laptop). But i don't think you provided any (valid) statistics to support your claim?

Status
Not open for further replies.