Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Stone

Imagine the scenes if he scores his next goal in an extra time late winner against Belgium. The Ronaldo fan boys are going to be nauseating. I can see this happening.
They'll be balanced out by all the posters who will be rushing in to say that it was just a typical tap in and that despite winning the game he was actually quite poor up until the goal.

Raredaredevil

They'll be balanced out by all the posters who will be rushing in to say that it was just a typical tap in and that despite winning the game he was actually quite poor up until the goal.
I'm not a Ronaldo fan and I dislike his vanity and ego...but if he does that, I will take my hats off to him because it takes balls of steels to come up when your team needs you most.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Painfully mediocre match from Ronaldo. Even his FK was a deflection. Not a bad euro overall from him individually though.

Nero

His freekicks are a meme at this point.

Not only is he terrible at them, but the ritual of the dramatic stance, the closed eyes, the deep intake of breath, it just adds to the ridiculousness of them.

Rojow

His freekicks are a meme at this point.

Not only is he terrible at them, but the ritual of the dramatic stance, the closed eyes, the deep intake of breath, it just adds to the ridiculousness of them.
Yeap. It's all about the cameras.

mdvmia

Supports
Barcelona
He’ll be lucky to make the top 10 for any of of the individual awards this year.

Bole Top

slightly better than vs France, but still invisible. at this point it's simply crazy he's taking all the freekicks by himself. he's hurting the team already by not pressing at all, but he's is literally wasting all their freekicks this way. he's such a dangerous player in air yet he'd rather try those shit freekicks hoping it will go in one day and waste every one of them in the meantime.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Fairly anonymous today, but then again so we were most of Portugal - at least the ones not feigning injuries to get opponents booked.

NoLogo

A shadow of the player he was. Kinda sad to see.
Don't really agree with that. Thought he did quite well tonight, often dropped deep to get the team going and worked his ass off for the team. I actually prefer a Ronaldo that is playing like that to one who just stands up front and complains if the pass didn't get to him like during his Real days.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Would transform our attack, and the mentality of our team. Not hitting the same heights, but still a wonderful player. Would love if he was signed now.

Eddy_JukeZ

I actually thought he was fairly good in the 2nd half.

They sabotaged the game by playing Silva and Jota. Both of them were useless.

They looked more dangerous with Silva, Felix and Bruno in the 2nd half.

marktan

Would transform our attack, and the mentality of our team. Not hitting the same heights, but still a wonderful player. Would love if he was signed now.
He's noticeable declining and it's only going to get worse. Worse, he can barely press. We have no room for him and Cavani

Zen

5 goals... a better individual tournament than in 2016.... but no one will remember it as such, especially given that he didn't really play in the final too. We judge football oddly.

Jev

Was that the last of him at a major international tournament? With only 18 months until the World Cup, I could see him bow out then, announced in advance. Crazy if this was the last one, though. What a career he's had for Portugal as well.

Thought he played well. Seemed sharp and incisive with the ball and got involved as much as you could expect from a striker in a team struggling to move the ball into the final third.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
First half he was alright. Anonymous second half

Red Royal

Was that the last of him at a major international tournament? With only 18 months until the World Cup, I could see him bow out then, announced in advance. Crazy if this was the last one, though. What a career he's had for Portugal as well.

Thought he played well. Seemed sharp and incisive with the ball and got involved as much as you could expect from a striker in a team struggling to move the ball into the final third.
At a major tournament maybe, but he will play for Portugal at least until he gets 1 more goal for the record, that is certain.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I'm starting to want him for a third reason, first being he's a sensational player, second being I'd love that romance, now the third being all the doubters turning on a dime once he'd bang in the goals for us.

Dan_F

His general all round play is still so elite, seems like he always plays the right pass. He’ll be at the World Cup for sure.

Pickle85

Different type of player. And he had a better Club season despite all the drama at Barça. Most goals and assists in La Liga. He's a playmaker and a goalscorer.
Don't want to make this about Messi Vs Ronaldo. Most goals and assists means absolutely nothing if you win nothing though.

MattofManchester

He's a much more influential and better player when he's involved in the play, as we see occasionally.

I know he's trying to extend his longevity, but he's a liability with the lack of work rate and involvement he has.
To a degree that he's hurting his own legacy. For me, that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.