Cristiano Ronaldo | Transfer Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

C'est Moi Cantona

Cantona,Morata, Cristiano,James before...you will be swimming in Madrid shit during all summer,you like it or not :D
I know you're right, but i'd happily walk away from doing anything with you guys for a long time, Ronaldo is just boring us stupid again his attention seeking, and the other two really aren't worth the effort imo.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
My favourite footballer.

If the reports are true and this is not a scheme for him to get a new contract from RM, even at age 32 you simply have to consider bringing him back. Age does not matter with elite and generational talents like CR7. Just look at Ibra this past year; yes we got him on a free but the main point is talent level and you just cannot deny that with him or Ronaldo.

He would single handedly get United out of the mediocrity they've been in ever since SAF left and would make them a club to be reckoned with league wide, and CL. Would make us instant title contenders and having that sort of world class scoring threat at any point would allow United to be in any and every game.

...if I had a say in it, if he can be acquired for under £175M you do it in a heartbeat. The shirt sales and adverts alone would make up a big chunk of the cost so wouldn't be much of a price to pay in that sense. Not to mention, the effect it would have on the likes of Rashford to first have Zlatan, and now Ronaldo as his mentors would be priceless. And the world class athlete Ronaldo is, he easily has 4 years of top production left which would be more than worthwhile.

Artimities

While I put this happening at about 40-45% currently, I can't help but entertain the idea of him coming back to OT. We would be a nightmare to play against.

Jacko21

I wonder whether Ronaldo likes the (starry-eyed) idea of returning to Manchester United more than the reality.

Manchester ain't Madrid.

Paris on the other hand...

I just hope we don't get caught up in a deal that was never on. Again.

Great player, but I think we'd be mad to spend a fortune on him. People saying he'll win us trophies are prone to making wild assertions. Bring in Modric, Casemiro, Isco, Marcelo and Kroos as well and, yeah, he'll win us trophies.
How typical that everyone here is all for it.

stepic

With the prices floating around for average and slightly above average players, you pay the £131m and win the league next year.

RoyH1

He doesn't feel Madrid have supported him well enough through it, Barce had a massive campaign when Messi went through the same thing.
Which caused Barsa to be widely ridiculed. Times have changed in the West, and tax evasion is more frowned upon than ever.

Speaking of taxes, doesn't France have the highest tax rate in the world for millionaires? Maybe Ronaldo should pay for Monaco instead? Tax free baby!

jesperjaap

With the prices floating around for average and slightly above average players, you pay the £131m and win the league next year.
Exactly, in a world where Michael Keane is supposedly valued at 25m, Dier 50, Djik 60m and Lukaku 100m then Ronaldo even at 32 is worth 132 without doubt....none of them in reality should be worth anywhere near the figures quoted but I would say Ronaldo is probably the only one if you went back 2 seasons even if he was 32 should be valued anywhere near half the fee, two of the above are very average footballers and the other two are just decent....Ronaldo is probably going to win his third Ballon D'or in a row

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Great player, but I think we'd be mad to spend a fortune on him. People saying he'll win us trophies are prone to making wild assertions. Bring in Modric, Casemiro, Isco, Marcelo and Kroos as well and, yeah, he'll win us trophies.
I like the we're prone to wild assertions. Don't try and hide behind the I think we'd be mad part. We know. We know.....

Raoul

Admin
Staff
We will also be buying a few top players to compliment our striker.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
£131 mill for a player who if we're lucky will be one of top 2/3 players in the world for 3 seasons? Not worth it for me. I'd rather we spunk £130m on Harry Kane.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
For 50 mil. or less, I'll be very happy to sign Ronaldo. Any more than that and I'll be starting to wonder how much Naby Keita might have cost instead.
You wouldn't get his left foot for 50m in this years market. If Madrid are willing to sell for 130 or less we should bite their arms off

sunama

Baghdad Bob
For 50 mil. or less, I'll be very happy to sign Ronaldo. Any more than that and I'll be starting to wonder how much Naby Keita might have cost instead.
I'm not sure if this is a serious post.

You want to sign the best player in the World for £50M? :lol:
When the reigning Ballon Dor holder, the reigning La Liga champion, the reigning CL champion moves clubs, you don't break the transfer record, you completely re-write it and put it on another level, so it won't be broken for years to come.

And, to compare Keita with Ronaldo...words fail me.

SolskjaerHasDoneIt

As much as I'd love for Ronaldo to return, he's a different player than when he left.

If he were to come back i'd hope we'd get a holding mid as well so that we can free Pogba to set him up as he's not going to dribble past a whole team like he used to.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
You wouldn't get his left foot for 50m in this years market. If Madrid are willing to sell for 130 or less we should bite their arms off
Agreed.
I'd be very surprised if he were sold for as little as £130M. The commercial sales which he bring to MUFC would cover a significant amount of that cost, before he has even kicked a ball!

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
As much as I'd love for Ronaldo to return, he's a different player than when he left.
Yep, we don't need him as the winger he was with us, we need that goal scoring machine in the number 9 position that he is now.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Can't see him leaving at all. He is just pressuring Real because he want them to protect him somehow. Just as Messi did with Barca.

I'm not sure if this is a serious post.

You want to sign the best player in the World for £50M? :lol:
When the reigning Ballon Dor holder, the reigning La Liga champion, the reigning CL champion moves clubs, you don't break the transfer record, you completely re-write it and put it on another level, so it won't be broken for years to come.

And, to compare Keita with Ronaldo...words fail me.
We sold him for 80 mil. He was 24 and in his prime. I'm not comparing them as players, but I regard Naby Keita as one of the best players in the world, and I'm not ashamed of that. When you watch him run with the ball into a nest of opposition defenders, and retain his composure. When you see 3 opposition players seeking to dispossess him and yet fail. When you see the nice weight on his passes. You can only draw one conclusion: he's a fantastic player. He can also win the ball very well for his team in the clinches.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
We sold him for 80 mil. He was 24 and in his prime. I'm not comparing them as players, but I regard Naby Keita as one of the best players in the world, and I'm not ashamed of that. When you watch him run with the ball into a nest of opposition defenders, and retain his composure. When you see 3 opposition players seeking to dispossess him and yet fail. When you see the nice weight on his passes. You can only draw one conclusion: he's a fantastic player. He can also win the ball very well for his team in the clinches.
:lol: 10/10

Summit

Okay, I can buy that. How long do you think we'll get world class performance on a consistent basis out of him?
I'm going to use Zlatan as a barometer here, because he is a machine and I place Ronaldo on the same page as him in terms of looking after their body's ect. Now Ronaldo is the better player to begin with, and we took in Zlatan at his age and trusted him to do the business, so with that I suspect Ronaldo imo has 3 good years in him.

stepic

£131 mill for a player who if we're lucky will be one of top 2/3 players in the world for 3 seasons? Not worth it for me. I'd rather we spunk £130m on Harry Kane.
Didn't you know Rashford has a higher ceiling than Kane according to the caf?

I'm going to use Zlatan as a barometer here, because he is a machine and I place Ronaldo on the same page as him in terms of looking after their body's ect. Now Ronaldo is the better player to begin with, and we took in Zlatan at his age and trusted him to do the business, so with that I suspect Ronaldo imo has 3 good years in him.
Yeah, that would be about my estimate too. I wouldn't part with 130 mil. for that kind of prospect though. I think it would be better to build a settled team.

Ban

With the way Ronaldo is living and playind I'd say he has more than 3 good years in him.

And even if he had just 3 good years that would be 3 fantastic years for him and us.

So anyone declining him if we had a chance is off their chair.

Not that I think it will happen. I think there's 0,5 percent chance of happening.

Summit

Yeah, that would be about my estimate too. I wouldn't part with 130 mil. for that kind of prospect though. I think it would be better to build a settled team.
I'm talking 3 years at the level he is at now. Like I said though, he is much better than Zlatan, and we are all more than happy with him last season. So if we were to get 3 years at the level he is at now, and another 2 at a reduced level on par with Zlatan, then it wouldn't be that bad would it?

Ban

I'm talking 3 years at the level he is at now. Like I said though, he is much better than Zlatan, and we are all more than happy with him last season. So if we were to get 3 years at the level he is at now, and another 2 at a reduced level on par with Zlatan, then it wouldn't be that bad would it?
He's not Naby Keita tho :D .

Status
Not open for further replies.