Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Can we have Ozil then? Sooner or later you'd think that Real will have to offload some players
He'd be a more realistic signing. There's no way they can play Ozil, Isco, Di Maria, Benzema, Ronaldo and Bale at the same time and they are all world class players who won't like a bench role, two of them will have to miss out in each game to keep the side balanced with two midfielders behind the front 4 which won't go down well with any of them. I think Ozil, Benzema and Di Maria will all be available at a right price with Di Maria possibly the first to go. Any of those three would improve us greatly.

Moby

Dick
Bale's best form for Spurs last season was behind the striker, was it not?

Isco off the right, Bale through the centre and Ronaldo off the left would probably work.
Yeah he looked a bit isolated on the left when not able to drift inside hence had to move more centrally where his improved shooting was of greater effect.

I reckon if he has to maintain his goalscoring form he would have to give up playing on the wing and have to play behind the striker.

manusteve

No, in the 2nd half of the season he was played centrally, behind the striker. Sure he roamed to get hold of the ball but there's no doubting he was playing centrally.

Having said that, I maintain that he could be equally effective from the left in the right team.
I still think there will be some aggro. Two 80m+ players! Mind boggles.

NinjaFletch

Yeah he looked a bit isolated on the left when not able to drift inside hence had to move more centrally where his improved shooting was of greater effect.

I reckon if he has to maintain his goalscoring form he would have to give up playing on the wing and have to play behind the striker.
Yeah, exactly. Iirc I think thats his favoured posistion as well, remember him talking about it in a couple of interviews.

I can see it working either way tbh. Ronaldo has the left wing posistion, which I think is the only certainity, but the combinations for the other two slots are numerous. Ozil and Isco could probably quite happily share the central spot with Bale from the right as well as the Bale central option.

gaz1185

Where has all this corrie stuff come from? was it some joke on twitter or something? Keep seeing it mentioned.
It was Antony Cotton, he tweeted a couple of things last week saying he's had been told some information about United but couldn't share what it was or "they'd have his guts for garters". He ended it with, "August 8th, we shall see... #incomingtransfer"

He's probably that random corrienationstr account on Twitter :lol:

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Bottom line is the fact that they cannot play more than 11 players at once, most teams have a structure, I.e. certain players know they will get less games and other players who are more at the fore of the first XI... every RM player has a huge Ego and is past the 'potential tag' that sees younger players able to sit on the bench a bit more...

The shit has to hit the fan in the dressing room if they sign Bale IMO... would be good to see their team lined out...

Bestie07

They have Khedira, Alonso, Illarramendi and Modric for the two spots in midfield, and if they sign Bale they will have Ronaldo, Ozil, Bale, di Maria, Benzema and Isco competing for the front 4 spots, while Kaka seems to be past it. I see plenty of games for everyone, unless I'm missing someone.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Keepers – Casillas, Adan, Fdez & Lopez

Defenders – Ramos, Pepe, Varane, Arbeloa, Carvajal, Coentrao, Marcelo and Nacho

Midfielders – Alonso, Khedira, Illarra, Isco, Casemiro, kaka, Modric, Ozil

Wingers/Forwards – Di Maria, Denis, CR, [BALE]

Strikers – Benzema, Morata & Jese

Casillas
Ramos-Pepe-Varane-Marcelo
Alonso-Khedira
Isco-Ozil-Ronaldo
Benzema

Would be my preferred line up, bu that leaves Modric, Di Maria, Coentrao, Kaka, Illarra and [BALE] not even in the team…

manusteve

It was Antony Cotton, he tweeted a couple of things last week saying he's had been told some information about United but couldn't share what it was or "they'd have his guts for garters". He ended it with, "August 8th, we shall see... #incomingtransfer"

He's probably that random corrienationstr account on Twitter :lol:
Yes, but why THAT date?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
They have Khedira, Alonso, Illarramendi and Modric for the two spots in midfield, and if they sign Bale they will have Ronaldo, Ozil, Bale, di Maria, Benzema and Isco competing for the front 4 spots, while Kaka seems to be past it. I see plenty of games for everyone, unless I'm missing someone.
Trouble is, all of the 6 players for the front 4 are used to being regulars, now some will have to miss out on plenty of games and it'll leave no room for younger players to come through. One of them will leave IMO.

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news

Casillas
Alonso-Khedira
Isco-Ozil-Ronaldo
Benzema

Would be my preferred line up, bu that leaves Modric, Di Maria, Coentrao, Kaka, Illarra and [BALE] not even in the team…

Crazy the talent that they have already. I'm expecting great things under Ancelotti.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Crazy the talent that they have already. I'm expecting great things under Ancelotti.
True, but last season we would have said 'I'd expect great things from JM...' RM seems to be another type of Circus for whatever reason, similar to the England national team for me... Not sure on talent, but never seem to take THAT step

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"

Casillas
Alonso-Khedira
Isco-Ozil-Ronaldo
Benzema

Good summery. But no team spends 95m on a player to sit on the bench.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
I honestly feel that there isn't room for Ronaldo and Bale in the same team. Just my opinion of course.

Bestie07

Trouble is, all of the 6 players for the front 4 are used to being regulars, now some will have to miss out on plenty of games and it'll leave no room for younger players to come through. One of them will leave IMO.
If anyone leaves, it will be di Maria. It's scary really, 9 of these 10 players I mentioned would walk into our line-up. They've all been bought post 2009 and would probably have cost them near about £400m. Real have spent a lot of money recently, but they've spent wisely.

NoLogo

Yeah I'm pretty sure Bale would start on the right if he joins them and Isco and Özil would fight for the central spot in the attacking midfield.

CM competition will also be quite interesting with Illarramendi and Modric pushing for Alonso and Khedira's starting spots, there would without a doubt be a lot of competition in that squad.

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
True, but last season we would have said 'I'd expect great things from JM...' RM seems to be another type of Circus for whatever reason, similar to the England national team for me... Not sure on talent, but never seem to take THAT step

Jose doesn't play the best way to utilise the talents of the whole team imo. The fast paced counter attacking style suits Ronaldo best and maybe Di Maria at times. But with Ancelotti they will be able to play more intricate football I would imagine, that auids the likes of Ozil, Alonso, Modric etc while I expect Ronaldo to still be the same force. I agree they are a circus at that club, every season their seems to be a problem. Mourinho lost the dressing room pretty early on this past season, but they year before they did well. This season will be interesting with all the moves in Europe.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I honestly feel that there isn't room for Ronaldo and Bale in the same team. Just my opinion of course.

Yep. The way I see it is basically they think he's Ronaldo mk 2. That's the impression I get. He's certainly not being bought to play full back. It wouldn't work. Ronaldo does the work of 2/3 players. Bale with Ronaldo would do well but no where near 85 million well. The only chance of doing well - would be for them to sell Ronaldo. He still wouldn't be worth the money, but i'm sure he'd do well over there.

Brightonian

Yep. The way I see it is basically they think he's Ronaldo mk 2. That's the impression I get. He's certainly not being bought to play full back. It wouldn't work. Ronaldo does the work of 2/3 players. Bale with Ronaldo would do well but no where near 85 million well. The only chance of doing well - would be for them to sell Ronaldo. He still wouldn't be worth the money, but i'm sure he'd do well over there.
Yep, I can't see any other way around it. They're much too similar to play together, especially as neither of them is really much good in any other position.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Yes, but why THAT date?
He's a bloody Coronation Street actor for Christ sake :lol:

Every United fan with a twitter account will have heard it considering The Sun posted an article about it. He'll have had a friend pretend to be or know an ITK and told him about it and he's tweeted it and because he's "famous" and from Manchester people believe it.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Who will take the free kicks?
Could you imagine, they both stand above the ball in their Terminator stance - both start there run ups with a skip and a hop. Just as they reach the ball they combine both feet together to smash the ball into oblivion, straight away counting as a goal as the ball has disappeared into another universe.

Ash_G

Yeah I can't see how you can get the best out of both of them at the same time, only 1 can really play the guy, taking all the shots, drifting etc and then whats the point on spending 85m on Bale if you're not gonna let him play how he is at Spurs. I suppose if it is true that they're concerned about Ronaldo leaving in a season or so then that might make sense, get the replacement lined up now. The fee is still crazy though given he's not really shown he can sustain it over a season yet.

TheReligion

Abusive
If Ronaldo did return would we still need that illusive midfielder?

An attacking portfolio of Ronaldo, van Persie, Rooney, Kagawa would be amazing with the likes of Welbeck, Zaha, Hernandez and possibly Nani waiting in the wings.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage

Casillas
Alonso-Khedira
Ozil-Ronaldo-Bale
Benzema
If bale joins, it's very likely that he will be bought in to start as someone pointed out... so if that's the case I can imagine CR drifting in slightly being interchangeable for the three behind striker, however that leaves as NON starters..
Kaka, Denis, Isco, Modric, Di Maria, Casemiro and Illarra.... Not sure that Di Maria/Isco/Modric will be too pleased, nor their two NEW signings in Illarra and Casemiro

Bape

An attacking portfolio of Ronaldo, van Persie, Rooney, Kagawa would be amazing with the likes of Welbeck, Zaha, Hernandez and possibly Nani waiting in the wings.

If we want to be a strong contender for CL then yes. If not we would still walk the league with Ronaldo in my opinion.

Ash_G

In the league no, even if we struggled in the toughest games we'd destroy the smaller teams again and rack up the points. In europe we would still.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Loving how this is gathering pace again...he's coming back ! Madrid paying so much for Bale is just so stupid it doesn't make any sense whatsoever unless Ronnie is leaving

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Both of them in the same team would be overkill unless bale is okay with being the touch line hugging wide man again. You simply can't have two midfielders so focused on goal getting when you're already playing benzene upfront. Bale is as it is like poorer version of Ronaldo. Basically Ronaldo will lesser goals and nowhere near as good on the ball, and teams get away with Ronaldo's selfish streak because he's so damn good. You can have two players of that mould in one team IMO. Whatever doubts people have about neymar and messi working together, these two have a worse shot at it.

Only reason I see it making sense is if Ronaldo is fed up with real and is off. But real often ignore sense and do things to make statements to feel good about themselves.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
I'd be amazed if Ronaldo moved to this summer. If he moved to us, obviously I'd be delighted, but amazed. So just for speculation purposes I'll assume Ancelotti needs to fit Ronaldo and Bale into the team.

I think in big games we'll see a 4-2-2-2 with Bale and Ronaldo playing wide and cutting in (one of them will have to move right, probably Bale) as the front 2 (with Benzema benched). Behind them it'll be Ozil and Isco if they can play together, with Modric as an option. Behind that it'll be some pairing taken from Alonso, Modric, Khedira and Illarrramendi.

It'll be a team with two false 9's, a false 7 and a false 11 :D

When they're playing 4-3-2-1 the competition for midfield slots will be even more ferocious. Net effect I think Khedira and Di Maria are for sale - Modric is only leaving if someone offers more than Madrid paid. Kaka is always for sale.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Yes, but why THAT date?

Apparently because of Rio's testimonial the day after, conspiracy about them wanting to be unveiled before everythng starts and so that he can play in the testimonial too.

8th August= a Thursday
1st August= a Thursday

which means.... RONNIE IS COMING BACK IN 1 WEEK!!!!

Ruud10

A Bit Wordy
Loving how this is gathering pace again...he's coming back ! Madrid paying so much for Bale is just so stupid it doesn't make any sense whatsoever unless Ronnie is leaving
That's basically it. Bale and Ronaldo in the same starting XI makes no footballing sense whatsoever. Sheer stupidity, which would displease the gods.

Not that anyone is saying this, but I would caution against concluding that this necessarily means Ronnie is #cominghome.

The fact alone that we're so deep into negotiations with Fabregas tells me -- unless Nike is somehow funding it -- that we simply couldn't afford to bring in both Fabregas and Ronaldo, even if that does take into account the sale of Rooney.

Ruud10

A Bit Wordy
The problem with the theory that Ancelotti would simply rotate his squad to keep everyone happy is that there's no room for error when it comes to the chase for the La Liga title. You cannot downshift from whoever you think your top XI players are and expect to keep pace with Barcelona.

Team chemistry cannot be overstated. On paper, City had what many considered a better squad last season but we punked them nonetheless. Player unhappiness, whatever its root cause was, was their undoing and player cohesion was our key. The moment Bale walks into this squad you immediately have issues with other players who either play in the same position or who've been long established with the club. Real may be all about "the individual" but you have to give your top individual, Cristiano Ronaldo, to freedom he relies upon to do as he wishes, or let Bale do as he wishes. You cannot have Ronaldo and Bale both do as they wish, especially while phenomenal players like Ozil and Isco watch from the bench. It would be madness.

So, who gets Ronaldo? United...or PSG?

Jaap

Casillas
Alonso-Khedira
Isco-Ozil-Ronaldo
Benzema

Think Ancelotti will play:

Casillas
Carvajal - Ramos - Varane - Marcelo
Alonso/Modric - Illarra/Khedira
Bale - Özil - Isco
Ronaldo

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
The problem with the theory that Ancelotti would simply rotate his squad to keep everyone happy is that there's no room for error when it comes to the chase for the La Liga title. You cannot downshift from whoever you think your top XI players are and expect to keep pace with Barcelona.

Team chemistry cannot be overstated. On paper, City had what many considered a better squad last season but we punked them nonetheless. Player unhappiness, whatever its root cause was, was their undoing and player cohesion was our key. The moment Bale walks into this squad you immediately have issues with other players who either play in the same position or who've been long established with the club. Real may be all about "the individual" but you have to give your top individual, Cristiano Ronaldo, to freedom he relies upon to do as he wishes, or let Bale do as he wishes. You cannot have Ronaldo and Bale both do as they wish, especially while phenomenal players like Ozil and Isco watch from the bench. It would be madness.

So, who gets Ronaldo? United...or PSG?

If CR leaves this year I thing would be United if he stays another year with Real then PSG/Monaco because he would be close to 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.