Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ringo 07

PSG offered Ronaldo 23 million a season to play there. Theres no chance he will ever come back hete when he can get way more elsewhere

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
They're getting Bale cos they know that Ronaldo want a Real exit.
My thoughts, it's a bit manic the hard on they have for him otherwise. They don't really need him, certainly not for that money.

Question is where he will go though.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
PSG offered Ronaldo 23 million a season to play there. Theres no chance he will ever come back hete when he can get way more elsewhere
So why isn't he playing for PSG now then? It's obviously far more than Madrid are giving him.

NinjaFletch

Did you actually think about how to pick the two most contradictoray points you possibly could and attempt to mesh them together or was that an accident?

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
In all fairness if he really does want to leave and he gets a better offer elsewhere for more money it wouldn't surprise me if he were to take it. I doubt he'll return while in his prime.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Offload Rooney releasing a good chunk in wages, give Ronaldo a bit more than what he's getting at Madrid, with him getting his image rights back he'll be making a ton more money even if the wages are only a bit higher.

gulli_G

Exclusive – Ramon Calderon claims Real Madrid want Gareth Bale as they fear Cristiano Ronaldo exit.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/130731/exclusive-–-ramon-calderon-claims-real-madrid-want-gareth-bale-they-fear-2027

Interesting...

seen similar article on talksport few days ago, along similar lines but for him to leave in 2015, by the respected Diego Torres:

http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine...nd-luiz-barcelonas-priority-spanish-tr-202611

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Do any of you genuinely think he'll be back as a United player?
If he wants to leave Madrid I think we'll be his first choice. If Ronaldo is available I think the club would do everything to get him. So I suppose I do think he'll eventually return. All depends on how happy he is at Madrid. If things improve for him under Ancelotti he might decide to stay there for a long time. I don't see Madrid changing that much though.

I definitely don't see anything happening this summer. Next year? Genuinely could happen.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Real expect to wrap up the deal within the next seven days after formalising a package in which Ronaldo will earn £9.5 million in his first year – £183,000 a week – followed by a 25 per cent pay rise in each of the following five years of his contract. This would amount to £556,000 a week in the final year of his contract.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ee-80-million-fee-with-Manchester-United.html

I remember this being mentioned a lot at the time. If true its unlikely he will leave.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Hang on, didn't that guy from Coronation Street say he was coming back on the 8th August?

I can't believe he wouldn't be in the know

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
There is no way we are signing Ronnie let's move on for feck sake please

Mersault

Wasn't there someone inside the club who said after Moyes was confirmed to take over that there was a major transfer on the cards? Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't remember who said so but I remember thinking that tone of excitement could only apply to a handful of players, presumably not Thiago as we did not bid for him nor Cesc as it appears we are merely proving we have 30m to spend on world class players :D

Of course it's unlikely he's coming back, not least because hardly any of us expect the club to actually pay a world class fee for a world class player, but if ever there was a time, it's now...

NinjaFletch

I think it was Jeff Stelling actually.

Something about he had heard two things about United and one was that Moyes would be next manager and the other would send shockwaves through the football world.

NinjaFletch

Wait not Jeff Stelling the other one, Richard Keys.

FWIW, I think he obviously doesn't have a clue.

Mersault

Yeah, my selective memory had it down as someone inside the club, wishful thinking on my part...

Member 39557

I heard the Ramon Calderon interview and it actually made me believe things could be possible. He basically said that Ronnie wasn't happy with the president and he was demanding 20 million net per year. I can't see madrid affording that plus spunking 80 million plus on Bale.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
That clown Keys was probably on about Rooney.

kps88

I heard the Ramon Calderon interview and it actually made me believe things could be possible. He basically said that Ronnie wasn't happy with the president and he was demanding 20 million net per year. I can't see madrid affording that plus spunking 80 million plus on Bale.

What's his deal? Isn't he still bitter about not being president? The guy keeps boasting about how he signed Ronaldo, I bet he'd love it if Perez loses him. Wouldn't take what he says seriously.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Ancelotti: "Cristiano must play where he's comfortable on the field, we don't need him to change his position, he doesn't need to do much defending. He needs to be ready when the team has the ball."

There we are, he admits it. Where Cris is comfortable = United. Madrid don't need to change his position because he won't be playing for them. He doesn't need to do much defending, because we're Man United and we do what we want. The team, not "us", not "Madrid", The Team.

It's onner than an one thing with a side order of ons on the side.

Meanwhile having seen him take the ceremonialo first pitch in the La Dodgers Vs the Yankees, I can assure you he won't be giving up the day job.

manusteve

Ancelotti: "Cristiano must play where he's comfortable on the field, we don't need him to change his position, he doesn't need to do much defending. He needs to be ready when the team has the ball."

There we are, he admits it. Where Cris is comfortable = United. Madrid don't need to change his position because he won't be playing for them. He doesn't need to do much defending, because we're Man United and we do what we want. The team, not "us", not "Madrid", The Team.

It's onner than an one thing with a side order of ons on the side.

Meanwhile having seen him take the ceremonialo first pitch in the La Dodgers Vs the Yankees, I can assure you he won't be giving up the day job.
Hm. Ronaldo, although playing pretty much where he likes, seems to spend most of his time down the left. From what I have seen, Bale is the same. Will be interesting if Ronaldo is staying, because the clash of positions and clamouring to take free-kicks will be interesting to watch.

Di Maria and Oezil will be pissed, especially if Ancelotti continues with RM's 4-2-3-1.

NinjaFletch

Bale's best form for Spurs last season was behind the striker, was it not?

Isco off the right, Bale through the centre and Ronaldo off the left would probably work.

kps88

Bale's best form for Spurs last season was behind the striker, was it not?

Na he almost always started out wide and then roamed inside. He can easily play in the same team as Ronaldo though. Would be awesome if they learned to play together and kept interchanging.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Na he almost always started out wide and then roamed inside. He can easily play in the same team as Ronaldo though. Would be awesome if they learned to play together and kept interchanging.
No, in the 2nd half of the season he was played centrally, behind the striker. Sure he roamed to get hold of the ball but there's no doubting he was playing centrally.

Having said that, I maintain that he could be equally effective from the left in the right team.

Status
Not open for further replies.