Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Given his unhappiness and reluctance to sign a new contract, combined with the massive fan backlash over lack of spending this summer..it actually seems like...yep...its ON!!!!

I'd say he's odds on to sign for us.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
He just equalized Eusebio's 41 goals for Portugal. 6 away from Pauleta, the record holder.

Curiously against Northern Ireland, the team against whom Eusebio scored his 41st (and last) goal.

acnumber9

That's what the Northern Irelans fans get for mocking great players. Ah well.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
:lol: mock ronaldo and he will punish you. Bale arriving is just going to send him further into beast mode.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Won me 300 euro tonight. I don't think its knee jerk to say he is the worlds greatest footballer of all time ever and I love him.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Destroyed...

...and to think it has been said the quality of Ronnie's dribbling aint what it was.
It would be incredibly cliche, but I have an urge to post a GIF of O'Shea on Figo.

Of course, he still has extraordinary ability with the ball at his feet - he still has plenty more technique and skill and tricks available than not only the average player, but the average world class player.

But at United, you saw him pull off things constantly - every single week, and you don't see that anymore. I think it's partially to do with the fact he's bulked up, he's a little less agile than before. But it's also a choice, he chooses to carry the ball forward/shoot/pass - he wants to be effective with the ball rather than showing off.

Whether by choice, or his ability is less - we see it far far less often - and that is what matters.

I still love watching Ronaldo play, he is the most complete footballer I've ever seen - but if I'm honest, I miss the show kid who loved to take the piss, and not just because he no longer plays for United.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Good banter had with him tonight. He came out at the start full of himself, laughing and joking with everyone and doin fancy flicks. After a while of gettin kicked a bit, not gettin decisions goin his way, hearing Messi's name being sang and with his side struggling, it was a different Ronaldo. By the start of the second half he was miscontrolling things, giving the ball away, and on a yellow card becoming very frustrated.

As i recall Gary Neville saying before, he thrives on weakness. As soon as we got a man sent off he smelled blood. Scored straightaway and another soon after. Then we get another man sent off and down to 9 men he scores again. So deadly, took his goals so clinically.

What a player.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
17 hat tricks in La Liga seems just wrong...

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Good banter had with him tonight. He came out at the start full of himself, laughing and joking with everyone and doin fancy flicks. After a while of gettin kicked a bit, not gettin decisions goin his way, hearing Messi's name being sang and with his side struggling, it was a different Ronaldo. By the start of the second half he was miscontrolling things, giving the ball away, and on a yellow card becoming very frustrated.

As i recall Gary Neville saying before, he thrives on weakness. As soon as we got a man sent off he smelled blood. Scored straightaway and another soon after. Then we get another man sent off and down to 9 men he scores again. So deadly, took his goals so clinically.

What a player.
EDIT: Just checked, so all 3 goals the match was 10v10 right?

Though of course they just lost a man, so I see what you mean by being at a weakness..

Status
Not open for further replies.