Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tibs

If he said he wanted to join then I'm sure Woody would feck it up

dmode

It's over... it was the right moment though... CR7 is history to Manchester United...

Member 39557

Bale will continually ape him until they'll have the same haircuts, boots and tan. It'll be like a football version of single white female. He'll get fed up and be heading back to Manchester in January.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
Bale will continually ape him until they'll have the same haircuts, boots and tan. It'll be like a football version of single white female. He'll get fed up and be heading back to Manchester in January.
I see what you did there and I like it.

Drifter

American
Cristiano Ronaldo has declared his anger at the sale of Mesut Ozil to Arsenal and has hit out at the Real Madrid hierarchy for allowing him to leave.

The German playmaker was the big summer deadline day move to the Premier League after Arsene Wenger finally managed to splash £42.5m out of his supposed £80m transfer kitty.

According to the Daily Mail, the second world most expensive player following the arrival of Gareth Bale, took to the press to vent his frustrations.

“The sale of Ozil is very bad news for me.

“He was the player who best knew my moves in front of goal... I'm angry about Özil leaving.”

The German international looked set to stay at Real Madrid when he declared he had no intentions of leaving but that quickly diminished after Bale’s arrival for £86m.

Madrid claimed that Ozil wanted to leave the Bernabeu but reports strongly suggest that the playmaker was forced out to free up the transfer kitty following Bale’s arrival.

Ozil was a fan favourite in Madrid, contributing the most assists in the past two seasons and supporters were quick to react to the news on social media sites.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
They were a brilliant partnership. Ronaldo's the best in the world at finding space to do his work, and Ozil had the knack to place the ball right where he needed it. The goal Ronaldo scored against Barcelona to win the league comes to mind.

I have not seen much of Madrid this season, but Isco seems like the only player in the attacking lineup that'll be solely responsible for creating chances for Ronaldo, Benzema and Bale, unless Ronaldo is converted back into a winger.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
They were a brilliant partnership. Ronaldo's the best in the world at finding space to do his work, and Ozil had the knack to place the ball right where he needed it. The goal Ronaldo scored against Barcelona to win the league comes to mind.

I have not seen much of Madrid this season, but Isco seems like the only player in the attacking lineup that'll be solely responsible for creating chances for Ronaldo, Benzema and Bale, unless Ronaldo is converted back into a winger.
Ronaldo doesn't like this.

ciderman9000000

“He was the player who best knew my moves in front of goal... I'm angry about Özil leaving. Oh, and confused!

"To be perfectly honest I'm beginning to wonder why I didn't just move to United."

kps88

“He was the player who best knew my moves in front of goal... I'm angry about Özil leaving. Oh, and confused!

"To be perfectly honest I'm beginning to wonder why I didn't just move to United."

"I would have jumped at the chance to rejoin them if Mr. Woodward had put in an offer."

Moriarty

£​
" After all. Woodward did table a £30 million offer for me."

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
He doesn't? His conversion to a goal scorer was orchestrated by Ferguson and Mourinho.
:lol: Thanks for letting me know...

I can't see the arrogant bugger liking to assist others rather than putting them in himself, and the main reason SAF coverted him into a goal scorer is because the skinny little curly locked boy kept drifting in trying to step over his way to the goal anyway :lol:

NoLogo

I can understand him because Özil was one of his most frequent suppliers in the team and Isco as well as Bale will much more look to score themselves then Özil did.

But I can also understand Ancelotti that he wants the goal threat to be more spread out and not only from Ronaldo.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
I can understand him because Özil was one of his most frequent suppliers in the team and Isco as well as Bale will much more look to score themselves then Özil did.

But I can also understand Ancelotti that he wants the goal threat to be more spread out and not only from Ronaldo.
You hit the nail on the head, can't see Ronnie keeping up his goal figures (as of the last few seasons) if this is the case, and one can only speculate how that would affect his WPOTY votes.... especially if a certain Mr Bale makes it onto the list and certain team mates votes for him etc etc

adexkola

Supports
I think he means Ronaldo wouldn't be pleased if he is asked to score less/create more. Which sounds about right, though I doubt that's the case.
He might be a bit miffed sure, but I don't see him as the type of player to disregard instructions from the manager. I don't see Benzema or Bale being able to replicate Ozil's role.

adexkola

Supports
You hit the nail on the head, can't see Ronnie keeping up his goal figures (as of the last few seasons) if this is the case, and one can only speculate how that would affect his WPOTY votes.... especially if a certain Mr Bale makes it onto the list and certain team mates votes for him etc etc
Ronaldo was putting up the goal figures even before Ozil joined Madrid. He's not a Huntelaar dependent on service.

NoLogo

I doubt it. Isco is much more of a goal scorer then Özil was of course that doesn't mean he won't be putting up some good chances for Ronaldo but he will also look to score himself and not only assist Ronnie and Bale. I also think that this is exactly Ancelotti's plan to get the goal contribution in the team more spread across the 4 attacking players and not have Ronnie score 70% of those goals because it made them quite predictable, naturally given how good Ronnie is it still wasn't possible to completely stop him from scoring even though you know that most of the attacks will be focused on him.

Ash_G

I think Real have potentially really upset the balance of the team. If Di Maria is relegated to the bench which is very likely that you're removed the 2 chief creators from the team. Bale on the right will cut in and hasn't shown he can maintain real creativity from that position and so a big ask on Isco. It's one thing to spread the goals but when you're doing it by having two very individual players I think it's difficult.

adexkola

Supports
I doubt it. Isco is much more of a goal scorer then Özil was of course that doesn't mean he won't be putting up some good chances for Ronaldo but he will also look to score himself and not only assist Ronnie and Bale. I also think that this is exactly Ancelotti's plan to get the goal contribution in the team more spread across the 4 attacking players and not have Ronnie score 70% of those goals because it made them quite predictable, naturally given how good Ronnie is it still wasn't possible to completely stop him from scoring even though you know that most of the attacks will be focused on him.
Fair enough

One of Madrid's undoings in the Champions League recently has been the inability of the other attacking players (Higuain and Benzema specifically) to step up to the plate when needed. Isco and Bale definitely have the talent required. Whether they can forge an understanding with Ronaldo required to maintain the quality of their counter attacks from last season remains to be seen.

NoLogo

Fair enough

One of Madrid's undoings in the Champions League recently has been the inability of the other attacking players (Higuain and Benzema specifically) to step up to the plate when needed. Isco and Bale definitely have the talent required. Whether they can forge an understanding with Ronaldo required to maintain the quality of their counter attacks from last season remains to be seen.

They definitely have an amazing attack but it will only really work if those players can put their ego aside and work as a real team. I think they can do it if they realize that winning trophies is actually more important then having the best goal record in the team, especially Ronnie will have problems accepting that I fear but I think his time at Real is limited anyway.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
I did bother. Ta.
Really?
SSN saying Ronaldo not happy with Ozil leaving now.
Beg to differ.....

I can't see why people want to discuss this anyway... it's the tip of the iceberg, several higher profile things have happened to upset Ronaldo and he's still there... Can't see it'd have any real impact... Ronaldo will start dictating to them his crazy demands for his new contract and they will fulfil it and with it, any questions answered.

TheReligion

Abusive
Really?

Beg to differ.....

I can't see why people want to discuss this anyway... it's the tip of the iceberg, several higher profile things have happened to upset Ronaldo and he's still there... Can't see it'd have any real impact... Ronaldo will start dictating to them his crazy demands for his new contract and they will fulfil it and with it, any questions answered.
My point was SSN were now running with it. It's obviously worth discussing as this is the Ronaldo thread, no?

Woodzy

This is it lads. The catalyst to the big money move next year. August 8th 2014. Pencil it in (not that you haven't already...)

Status
Not open for further replies.