Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB7

The fuss over his celebration is pathetic. He scored in a Champions League Final. I'd lose the plot.
Me too. To be honest, if I had a body like his I don't think I'd have to score in the Champions League final to get it out, I doubt I'd ever wear a shirt.

Starkie_1

Affluent and Likeminded
@Starkie_1

There is a roided up look, though. Over-developed traps, under-developed genitals and a profuse sprinkling of acne.

Ronaldo doesn't looke roided up, mind you. He just looks silly.
Sorry I didn't mean to come across as being a know it all then, was merely stating from that kind of pic you wouldn't be able to tell.

I'm sure if we looked hard enough on the web you'd find his genitals somewhere.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Sorry I didn't mean to come across as being a know it all then, was merely stating from that kind of pic you wouldn't be able to tell.

I'm sure if we looked hard enough on the web you'd find his genitals somewhere.
Indeed. That photo shoot of him in his skimpies could probably be added to the "against" pile if we're trying to work out whether or not he's juicing.

Andy_Cole

You guys still going on about his celebration? Was hoping to click on this thread and a shite newspaper would be linking us with him.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
You lot are like a bunch of squabbling women the way you are STILL going on about that celebration.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
You lot are like a bunch of squabbling women the way you are STILL going on about that celebration.
Isn't it just a teeny bit ironic that no-one had posted in here for 3 hours and you come in just to say that? I'm sure Ronaldo would appreciate your dedication to defending his honour in any case.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Isn't it just a teeny bit ironic that no-one had posted in here for 3 hours and you come in just to say that? I'm sure Ronaldo would appreciate your dedication to defending his honour in any case.
I didn't notice the time, and don't get sarcastic with me.

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
Cristiano was clearly the stand-out player of this season's CL, setting an all-time record and scoring with ridiculous consistency, but that statement is hugely unfair on his team mates. In fact almost none of his goals in the knock-out stages were vital ones.

Schalke 1 - 6 Real Madrid: scored 0-3 & 0-6 (Benzema opened the scoring, Bale extended the lead)
Real Madrid 3 - 1 Schalke: scored 1-0 & 2-1 (fairly redundant given the 1st leg result)

Real Madrid 3 - 0 Borussia Dortmund: scored 3-0 (Bale opened the scoring, Isco extended the lead)
Borussia Dortmund 2 - 0 Real Madrid: absent through injury, on aggregate his 1st leg goal was vital

Real Madrid 1 - 0 FC Bayern: didn't score (Benzema scored the only goal)
FC Bayern 0 - 4 Real Madrid: scored 0-3 & 0-4 (Ramos scored the first two)

Real Madrid 4 - 1 (aet) Atlético: scored 4-1 (Ramos scored the vital equaliser, Bale scored the lead goal, Marcelo extended their lead)

If anything this perfectly illustrates Real Madrid and Cristiano's biggest strength (or so the pattern goes in this year's CL anyway): killing off the opponent on the counter after they've been forced to open up (usually through a Benzema, Bale or Ramos goal*).

*on a side-note, it was also Benzema and Ramos who put RM within one goal of reaching the final last season in the 2nd leg v Dortmund (after that 1st leg mauling).

So while his campaign was wildly successful and the numbers speak for themselves, it's entirely wrong to paint this as a one-man show IMO. On an individual level he's had more impressive campaigns in 2007-08 and 2008-09, scoring several vital goals en route to the final -- and far better in quality too (v Porto, Arsenal). Same goes for Messi by the way: he scored 14 CL goals back in 2011-12, but not many important ones like in 2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11 or even last season (v AC Milan, PSG).

More isn't always better.
it doesnt matter mate, they wont listen, years from now they will repeat that Ronaldo won this CL all by himself
is like when i try to explain that maradona didnt win the 1986 world cup alone
or that what he did at napoli was done before by verona and sampdoria
or that july in south america is cold and thus, the heat is not an excuse for european teams to never win a WC here

caftards want to believe what they want to believe

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Meaningless goal celebration:

Very important goals celebration:

No doubt people we all are just jelaous at him. I mean, how can you not like him?

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Didn't notice the (lack of) celebration when Ramos scored the first time I watched the game.

That's as telling as his ridiculous over-reaction to scoring the meaningless fourth. Never seen a footballer so wrapped up in himself. It's really strange to watch actually.
I haven't seen a replay of the Ramos goal but didn't Ronaldo go to get the ball out of the net?

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I didn't even realise it was above your comment. Yeah he just punches the ball away. Maybe when he realised the rest of the team was celebrating he just gets rid of the ball. No excuse not to go over with his team though.

goin4glory

I haven't seen a replay of the Ramos goal but didn't Ronaldo go to get the ball out of the net?
It's in the clip a few posts ago but yeah he grabs the ball punches it into the air then walks towards the half way line while every other Madrid player is going bonkers celebrating in the corner like they should be.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Didn't notice the (lack of) celebration when Ramos scored the first time I watched the game.

That's as telling as his ridiculous over-reaction to scoring the meaningless fourth. Never seen a footballer so wrapped up in himself. It's really strange to watch actually.
It's really strange. I mean, I couldn't care less how Real Madrid player celebrate his team goals, but when his fans here start accusing others of being jealous at him when they criticise him it's just ridiculous.

Anyway, it's strange reaction from him, why the feck you wouldn't want to celebrate goal that will probably win you CL?

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I hate all of you. Moving on...

I think he will have an underwhelming World Cup. Recovering from injury and a grueling season in the best league in the world will probably take it's toll on his form in Brazil.

Cal?

CR7 fan
It's really strange. I mean, I couldn't care less how Real Madrid player celebrate his team goals, but when his fans here start accusing others of being jealous at him when they criticise him it's just ridiculous.

Anyway, it's strange reaction from him, why the feck you wouldn't want to celebrate goal that will probably win you CL?
Perhaps unlike his team mates he wants to WIN the match like United did in 99 in injury time?

Cantona'sCollar

He's missing Portugal's WC warm-up match as a 'precaution' for his injury. I hope he isn't playing with this injury (that he's had for a while now, even before the first Bayern Munich leg) during the World Cup...

CantonaGiggs1

He's missing Portugal's WC warm-up match as a 'precaution' for his injury. I hope he isn't playing with this injury (that he's had for a while now, even before the first Bayern Munich leg) during the World Cup...

He's going to be a non factor in the world cup. That is too bad.

I don't think he will score more than 1 goal.

It is Messi's world cup to shine.

JazzG

Resident Arse.

Partially why he is so good, totally obsessed about himself and wanting glory, think it is something which really drives him to become even better. He is suppose to be a really nice guy otherwise just completely obsessed with himself though!

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
hahahahahaha this thread.

The whining and drama being argued about in this thread about Ronaldo's celebration and ego etc says far far more about you lot than it does about Ronaldo......

Treble

IMO, Ronaldo's going to have a great tournament. Think he'll overcome the injury problems he's had recently.

binary bot
hahahahahaha this thread.

The whining and drama being argued about in this thread about Ronaldo's celebration and ego etc says far far more about you lot than it does about Ronaldo......
What does it say?

CantonaGiggs1

IMO, Ronaldo's going to have a great tournament. Think he'll overcome the injury problems he's had recently.
His Portuguese national team sucks. He is their entire offense, which means opposing teams will always concentrate on him entirely.You stop Ronaldo, you stop Portugal. Without his explosiveness, teams will be able to shut down Portugal's attacking threat.

His injury is going to keep bothering him. You could see it in the CL final. And that was on a much more talented Madrid team in which the opposition had other threats to worry about as well. That will not be the case with Portugal.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
What does it say?
That those cafites are reminiscent of gossiping fish market women who possess the highly unmanly traits of long winded judgemental feline naggers who get hysterically emotional over tiny matters and prefer to hear themselves obsessively talking about their unfortunate victim of the day with hateful vicious fervour again and again and again.

I'd rather be Ronaldo.

Cantona'sCollar

He's going to be a non factor in the world cup. That is too bad.

I don't think he will score more than 1 goal.

It is Messi's world cup to shine.
I think we can agree to disagree - i'm not saying he will definitely have a stormer, but I do think they'll show more than they did last time. I also think Ronaldo will have a good tournament, & really shine if they happen to get out of the group. I do also think that Messi will have a great tournament, too - I can see him going all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.