Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
You need to spend more time in the moderators room Marcos!

People are sick of Ronaldo v messi threads. Why can't we appreciate them both?
i appreciate them both

but as i said so many times, this is a football forum, and with two great players like them it's imposible not to compare

more so when one does a hattrick on saturday and the other one does a hattrick the day after

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
It might just be late attempt by marcos and Hectic for best e-fight for this year's awards :p. Natural that it should happen in this thread then.

zing

Zingle balls
Well said, Hecto. Personally, I'd delete both threads.
Player specific threads should be deleted.

I end up clicking on them when they're on the first page(which is almost always) and I've run out of stuff to read, and I regret it each time.

I still can't believe there's a 80 page thread about Shinji Kagawa which gets bumped every weekend because some mad cnut is in love with him.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.

I end up clicking on them when they're on the first page(which is almost always) and I've run out of stuff to read, and I regret it each time.

I still can't believe there's a 80 page thread about Shinji Kagawa which gets bumped every weekend because some mad cnut is in love with him.
RAWK is the place to be for that.

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?

but why do you care?

there's a ps3 vs who knows what thread with gazillion pages, i've never read a single post there, but i have no problem with people posting there and saying whatever they want

and in the case of Kagawa, why would anyone be against it? he is a football player being talked in a football forum

funny how so many people are wasting time condemning posters that compare ronaldo with messi IN A FOOTBALL FORUM, while on some other thread there are people celebrating torture IN A FOOTBALL FORUM

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
It's pretty obvious why though, because you get bogged down in comparing over and over with very incremental changes every weekend between the two rather than discussing their actual performances.

It's not like anybody is saying no comparisons allowed, just have a thread for it.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
funny how so many people are wasting time condemning posters that compare ronaldo with messi IN A FOOTBALL FORUM, while on some other thread there are people celebrating torture IN A FOOTBALL FORUM
Some people think that Ronaldo-Messi discussions have become tortures. :)

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Not saying I would, but I probably wood.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
i appreciate them both

but as i said so many times, this is a football forum, and with two great players like them it's imposible not to compare

more so when one does a hattrick on saturday and the other one does a hattrick the day after
There is already a thread for that

Cal?

CR7 fan
Real Madrid are scoring goals for fun whilst Messi is basically running a very poor (by their standards) Barca side on his own, yet people still think Messi only looked good because of the team built around him. Totally ignoring the fact that the Real Madrid team is completely built around Ronaldo and plays to his strengths.
Yet when a similar argument was made a few years ago in Messi's all-conquering days, it wasn't Barca's team completely build around Messi?

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
The ceremony was so cringe. Watched for 5 minutes then i had to turn off the tv. I admire Ronaldo as a footballer but i'm not really fond of this kind of media circus (although i understand the deserved recognition medal he got from the Madeira governament).

Trizy

The ceremony was so cringe. Watched for 5 minutes then i had to turn off the tv. I admire Ronaldo as a footballer but i'm not really fond of this kind of media circus (although i understand the deserved recognition medal he got from the Madeira governament).
I'm sure if we all could make $50 million a year from sponsors we'd happily whore ourselves out to the media and commercial companies.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I'm sure if we all could make $50 million a year from sponsors we'd happily whore ourselves out to the media and commercial companies.
Yeah perhaps. Well at least Madeira will have again an increase on the tourism numbers. Madeira Wine, bananas and Ronaldo´s bulge.

Status
Not open for further replies.