g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Funny, that's exactly how they set up against Sweden. Generally though? No, I don't watch them, and that's probably why he's flattered to decieve for too long at International level.
What? So you are taking one game, with a specific circunstance (second leg, defending a result) to say that we systematically play in counter attack? We almost never play in counter attack. The last phrase is just your usual recycled bollocks. Your opinion has no credit since Ronaldo is our main driving force in the golden age (one European Championship final, a world cup semi and European Championship semi final) of our national team. Refrain yourself from talking about what you don't know.

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
Sweden were horrible in that game. I'd probably believe you if you told me Ronaldo paid them to play a horrible high line so he could run in behind and in on the keeper on about 5 or 6 separate occassions

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Sweden wasn't that bad. What tipped the scale was Paulo Bento only decent tactical change in his national team historial when he put William Carvalho to balance the midfield and give tactical freedom to Moutinho. Ronaldo was obviously amazing with the goals but Moutinho was excellent in that game.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
well, according to that post, messi driving argentina to the final in the last world cup is nothing special and it doesnt show he can make it outside of barcelona, wich is far from being a bright statement

he also is the second scorer in argentina history, with only 27 years and a lot of games to play yet

also, dont forget this is a football forum and non manchester united fans are welcome

finally: Rules to remember: no adult images or videos; mind your language; criticise the post not the poster; remain respectful to other posters;
So when did this happen?

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
Sweden wasn't that bad. What tipped the scale was Paulo Bento only decent tactical change in his national team historial when he put William Carvalho to balance the midfield and give tactical freedom to Moutinho. Ronaldo was obviously amazing with the goals but Moutinho was excellent in that game.
No, they were bad. They played a system that was equivalent to bending over for Ronaldo and letting him go in dry.

The last thing I'd ever do as a coach against them that night would have been to play a high line.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Anyways i hate getting dragged into this Ronaldo vs Messi bollocks. I actually like both players.
No, they were bad. They played a system that was equivalent to bending over for Ronaldo and letting him go in dry.

The last thing I'd ever do as a coach against them that night would have been to play a high line.
In the last 20 minutes they were bad but they had to go for it. No point in being cautious when a World Cup qualification is on the line. Sweden isn't a top national team but they are no mugs. We actually struggle against Scandinavian teams and i was very pessimistic about that game (well i'm always pessimistic in what concerns the teams i support; Sporting and Portugal :smirk:)

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Anyways i hate getting dragged into this Ronaldo vs Messi bollocks. I actually like both players.
It's a rare breed of person that's actually capable of doing this. Kind of funny, since you'd expect more people to be able to enjoy watching the two greatest players of their generation play, although apparently that's not the case.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
It's a rare breed of person that's actually capable of doing this. Kind of funny, since you'd expect more people to be able to enjoy watching the two greatest players of their generation play, although apparently that's not the case.
Well Messi is an amazing player and i like to watch football, what kind of person wouldn't like to watch a player like him? Also i have a soft spot for Argentina and Diego Maradona is my favourite player of all time

:D

I don't think i ever criticized Messi and i don't need to downplay his achievements as some sort of endorsement of Ronaldo. I genuinely like both although i prefer Ronaldo for emotional reasons mostly (being portuguese and coming from my club)

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Well Messi is an amazing player and i like to watch football, what kind of person wouldn't like to watch a player like him? Also i have a soft spot for Argentina and Diego Maradona is my favourite player of all time

I don't think i ever criticized Messi and i don't need to downplay his achievements as some sort of endorsement of Ronaldo. I genuinely like both although i prefer Ronaldo for emotional reasons mostly (being portuguese and coming from my club)
That's pretty much spot on. Any one who finds the need to criticize one of them to promote the other is truly missing the boat of how great both of them are. We will marvel at these years for decades to come.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
It's not that rare at all, it's just the sane people avoid these threads like the plague.

Reactions: Hectic

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout

Yeah, definitely. By the way, that wasn't meant as an insult or anything - I genuinely mean it that it's good to see people who can just enjoy the two players playing.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Yeah, definitely. By the way, that wasn't meant as an insult or anything - I genuinely mean it that it's good to see people who can just enjoy the two players playing.
I understood mate. I just complemented my previous post. I think Rado_N is also right with his assessment

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
It's not that rare at all, it's just the sane people avoid these threads like the plague.
It's not just the sane ones who are avoiding them, it's me as well. :D

I love Ronaldo, always have, ever since he came on as sub against Bolton with spaghetti in his hair. But responding to these threads would just suck all the fun out of watching him. It even sucks the fun out of watching Messi, knowing the hysterical told-you-so posting that will follow in the Ronaldo thread) when Messi plays well.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
It's not just the sane ones who are avoiding them, it's me as well. :D

I love Ronaldo, always have, ever since he came on as sub against Bolton with spaghetti in his hair. But responding to these threads would just suck all the fun out of watching him. It even sucks the fun out of watching Messi, knowing the hysterical told-you-so posting that will follow in the Ronaldo thread) when Messi plays well.
Everyone who continues to derail this and the messi thread should be threadbanned, it really is ridiculous.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
ok, lets act as if this not a football forum but an archive where everything must be in order
Keeping discussions on topic is a pretty fundamental issue.

This thread is for discussing Ronaldo, not for people to constantly bang on about Messi, make comparisons and digs.

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
It is getting a tad tedious though, isn't it?
what? arguing between both?

it guets tedious arguing about something that happened 100 years ago, but messi vs ronaldo rivalry is going on, so to pretend that Ronaldo exists only on this thread and messi on the other, is rather ridiculous

SirAF

Ageist

it guets tedious arguing about something that happened 100 years ago, but messi vs ronaldo rivalry is going on, so to pretend that Ronaldo exists only on this thread and messi on the other, is rather ridiculous
Yeah, but the result is just the same nonsense over and over again, just worded slightly different.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
what? arguing between both?

Arguments over both should be continued in the thread created especially for that purpose.

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
Keeping discussions on topic is a pretty fundamental issue.

This thread is for discussing Ronaldo, not for people to constantly bang on about Messi, make comparisons and digs.
i see, so saying that messi is better than ronaldo or that ronaldo is better than messi doesnt involve ronaldo?

derailing the thread would be talking about something that has nothing to do with him

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I prefer Messi's hairc...just kidding. Nothing will beat his noodle hair days.

Status
Not open for further replies.