Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Would never say no. Ignoring the history, he's someone with obviously an incredible mentality and who will be an inspiration to our other players, a leader and ability wise someone who will just score goals relentlessly, which he still does despite the age. Still need a right winger mind you... someone to create. Or we just go 4-3-1-2:
Ronaldo Rashford
Bruno
Pogba Fred McTominay
Shaw Maguire Lindelof Wan Bissaka
Henderson​

AgentSmith

How does he play nowadays?

Is he a full blown CF or still operating in that inside forward role on the left?

Trequarista10

How does he play nowadays?

Is he a full blown CF or still operating in that inside forward role on the left?
I'm pretty sure Juve play a 442 to accommodate him. So he's a CF but doesn't have to do the donkey work that a lone forward does, and he gets to drift into channels but doesn't have the defensive duties of a LW.

AgentSmith

I'm pretty sure Juve play a 442 to accommodate him. So he's a CF but doesn't have to do the donkey work that a lone forward does, and he gets to drift into channels but doesn't have the defensive duties of a LW.
Seems difficult to fit that style of forward into a system with Rashford Bruno and Pogba without using a diamond or a 3-4-1-2 formation.

Which then poses problems for other players, namely AWB.

Seems like Ronaldo would pose more questions than answers as a target for us but if the price was only £25 million it’s worth finding out I guess. It’s a cheap transfer and the amount of revenue he’d bring in commercially would surely offset the ridiculous wages.

Abraxas

I do think we would struggle to create chances for him with the way he currently plays. He is extremely efficient meaning there is no way he would not score a good amount of goals, but it's not necessarily going to be the case that it brings the best out of the rest of the team. It would give us that target in the box and somebody on the end of things.

I would look at it but only if the scouting has not pulled up a longer term solution. If we cannot attain our primary targets for financial or other reasons, this would probably be better than going for a lesser option just because we have to get somebody. We could continue to plug the gap in the way we have this year until we can identify the right target. I do rather hope our scouting is on the ball though, it cannot be Haaland or nothing, surely.

Eddy_JukeZ

I just don't see any reason why Ronaldo would entertain returning here.

I wouldn't say no, but people overestimate his love for the club. It's more adoration for SAF and he's no longer the manager.

RUCK4444

I just don't see any reason why Ronaldo would entertain returning here.

I wouldn't say no, but people overestimate his love for the club. It's more adoration for SAF and he's no longer the manager.
The challenge. Imagine he came here and managed to win us our first league title in years... it would cement him even further as the GOAT.

Eddy_JukeZ

The challenge. Imagine he came here and managed to win us our first league title in years... it would cement him even further as the GOAT.
I don't know. He's already won everything here. Don't think he wants that type of challenge.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Ronaldo swayed Bruno to choose United, now it's time for Bruno to repay the favour.

RUCK4444

I don't know. He's already won everything here. Don't think he wants that type of challenge.
What other challenge is there though?

Placing us back on top is literally the best thing he could do in the twilight of his career surely, it's the best league in Europe after all.

He will have basically done a tour of Europe and finish up returning to the start before hanging his boots up for a warm down in the MLS. :drool:

Kaos

I don’t see him coming back here tbh. I’m sure Woodward would love it, but I think Ronaldo feels he achieved everything he can in England.

He’ll either go to PSG or back to Sporting.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
On a 1 year contract it maybe wouldn't be too bad, but if he's failed improve Juventus, I don't see why he would improve us at 36.

Last edited:

bondsname

Doubt he’ll join us, but if he does he shouldn’t take Cavani’s number 7. Cavani has done that number justice so far.

Pep's Suit

He would make a lot of sense for you but who knows if he can start 30 PL games + CL. Realistically, Ronaldo's got only one, maybe two seasons left in him.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He would make a lot of sense for you but who knows if he can start 30 PL games + CL. Realistically, Ronaldo's got only one, maybe two seasons left in him.
His availability has never been a concern. I'd be more concerned over his defensive contributions as he is prone to conserving himself for quick bursts in attack.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
On a 1 year contract it maybe wouldn't be too bad, but if he's failed improve Juventus, I don't see why he would improve us at 36.
25 league goals in 26 starts this season. It’s foolish thinking if you don’t think he will improve us.

If we are going to sign a striker, it needs to be someone who is on Cavani‘s level or better like Ronaldo or Kane.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I guess anyone is an improvement over Martial.
Anyone? You have to be joking right?

Are you forgetting our striker is Cavani? If he’s gone then the right replacement (if we are replacing striker with striker) should be better or same level/standard like Kane or Ronaldo. Any other strikers won’t do and Ronaldo’s current level is minimum on the same level as Kane aka best current PL striker. That is not just anyone.

matsdf

As a striker for a couple of seasons? Yes please! He has 25 goals in 28 games in Serie A this season, 4 more than Lukaku (who's killing it) in 3 fewer games.

Gehrman

Anyone? You have to be joking right?

Are you forgetting our striker is Cavani? If he’s gone then the right replacement should be better or same level/standard like Kane or Ronaldo. Anyone else won’t do and Ronaldo’s current level is minimum on the same level as Kane aka best current PL striker. That is not just anyone.
You're right. It does make sense

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
For the first time it may make sense, Cavani leaves and Ronnie takes over.
Isnt Ronaldo on 30 million a year? - and presumably he wants a 2 year contract?

I have no doubt he would be a great option for us but at those kid of rates why not just go for Messi on a free?
Or wait 1 season and then go for Haaland with his buy out clause

If money wasnt an issue then great bring him in but post Covid I think money will be an issue (especially as the Glazers now wont get their ESL money)

Probably the best we can hope for is Diego Costa on a free on transfer deadline day

Gehrman

I have no doubt he would be a great option for us but at those kid of rates why not just go for Messi on a free?

If money wasnt an issue then great bring him in but post Covid I think money will be an issue (especially as the Glazers now wont get their ESL money)

Probably the best we can hope for is Diego Costa on a free on transfer deadline day
I don't think Messi is leaving. He'd be more likely to go to Ciy as well. His wages would be way higher as well.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

I would rather play Rashford or Greenwood as striker and sign Sancho than signing mediocre or lower standard of striker like Diego Costa. The guy is not top striker anymore.

The only accepted striker needs to be around Benzema or Lewy or Kane or Ronaldo level. Anyone far below, forget it, just sign winger instead and change the system that suits with Greenwood/Rashford as striker.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
There’s a very real chance they don’t qualify for the Champions League this year, if that’s the case there’s no chance he stays.
They are also in financial problem. The fact they are still insisting with ESL reflects to it.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
I rolled my eyes when I saw the rumour but I am already coming around to the idea. Replaces Cavani, another short term fix. But definately a fix

What has his injury record been like at Juve? He always seems to play

AaronRedDevil

A good enough fix that could win us a fecking PL trophy. And add another player or 2 for the lot.

RkkMan

Haaland and Kane are out of our price range and when you look at other options left in the market for the CF position(Andre Silva, Vlahovic, Daryl Dike etc) Ronaldo is a no brainer. A direct swap with Pogba is the best deal we can make that suits all parties. We get Pogba off our books to avoid letting him go for free, Juve get Ronaldo off their books to free up their heavy wage bill, both players go back to old clubs where they`d be happy to spend their prime/twilight years at and both clubs solve problems witin their teams(for Utd a prolific goalscorer for Juve a creative midfielder)

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Could you imagine Messi ended up at City and this happened too

It would be crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.