Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I would love to see him back. I have said this a few times but seeing Ibra and Cavani wear a United shirt has been two real highlights of the last few years for me.

Ronaldo would top that. It would be a great moment and a really fun season or two.

RUCK4444

I would love to see him back. I have said this a few times but seeing Ibra and Cavani wear a United shirt has been two real highlights of the last few years for me.

Ronaldo would top that. It would be a great moment and a really fun season or two.
Can you imagine the unveiling and build up to his first game #goosebumps

I only get like that over Cristiano and Cantona.

Rojow

Don't want. He would't accept a role in bench and we need to keep the development of our young players like Greenwood.

Besides, we are still not there in terms of compete for UCL. He's too old now and too expensive.

RUCK4444

that’s what I see too when I watch Juve since he joined. Feeding Ronny is making them one dimensional. having that as our main tactic isn’t going to be pretty.
I get the concern however we play currently very well with Cavani in the side. Now strictly speaking Ronaldo is every bit as good and mobile as Cavani, hasn't Ronnie bagged like 25+ goals this season?

I don't think we would change much of how we play already to be honest. I would just see him as an upgrade on what we have at no 9 (immeasurably when compared to Martial.)

Cal?

CR7 fan
Are you for real. Just off the top off my head, Man United players that wore the number 7 jersey,
Bryan Robson
George Best
Eric Cantona
David Beckham

All above Ronaldo. No offence, go back to playing Fortnite.
Are you trying to argue any of them is more famous than Ronaldo?

I’m not talking about United only, but football in general.

Rossa

Are you for real. Just off the top off my head, Man United players that wore the number 7 jersey,
Bryan Robson
George Best
Eric Cantona
David Beckham

Great nickname, mate! Discworld is brilliant.

Worldwide, Ronaldo is argiably bigger than the others you mentioned, and he had played as a seven for both RM and United.

FattyFooty

Don't want. He would't accept a role in bench and we need to keep the development of our young players like Greenwood.

Besides, we are still not there in terms of compete for UCL. He's too old now and too expensive.
We have been doing that for the last 6 years. And it has not been working.

If Greenwood will become a great, he will even if Ronaldo comes. And besides, a lot of our players could benefit from having a player with Ronaldos attitude.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
No thanks. Would rather we kept Cavani for another season and went for Sancho. Then all-in on Haaland next summer.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss

Would you really advocate a move for one of the greatest all time players to put him on the bench?!

Cristiano is the new VDB.....

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
Bryan Robson
George Best
Eric Cantona
David Beckham

None of those players are on the same level as Ronaldo both in terms of talent and global appeal. Ronaldo is the most followed person in the world. His number is 7 and will always be so.

davidmichael

If Juve were to let him leave on a free so he’s off the wage bill then you’d be crazy not to try to bring Ronaldo back especially if Cavani goes as despite being three years older Ronaldo is an upgrade on Cavani, with a big transfer fee as well though then I’m not sold.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
If Juve were to let him leave on a free so he’s off the wage bill then you’d be crazy not to try to bring Ronaldo back especially if Cavani goes as despite being three years older Ronaldo is an upgrade on Cavani, with a big transfer fee as well though then I’m not sold.
The shirt sales would be through the roof at least.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

Agreed. He's worth 20-30 goals a year for a couple of years, plus would be a positive influence on the younger players. A no brainer really.

Swiss_Red89

Viva Ronaldo?
If Cavani leaves, i would love it for 1-2 seasons.

Imagine a Ronaldo winner in injury time in front of a packed Stretford End next season.

lsd

The Oracle
Agreed. He's worth 20-30 goals a year for a couple of years, plus would be a positive influence on the younger players. A no brainer really.

At least that. I don't understand why anyone could be against as he would still score for fun for the next couple of seasons at least.

Plus he is a winner who will never stop no matter the score and that can only be good for the team

redshaw

The old chestnut of Ronaldo going back to United is here again

I woudn't say no if the price is right, I don't think he and his family will be thinking about coming to England and it's more contract negotiations.

Varun

Staff
He'd be our best striker by a country mile, so why not? Movement to match Cavani's and the much better finisher. Would take him in a heartbeat as long as he doesnt want a ridiculously long contract.

RedDevilzFox

Let's hope its only a year long contract if we're really going to scratch this itch. I could see the possibility of a PL title with him up front, the sitters we miss currently will likely be buried. That's the only upside at this point.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
If he was a pure 9 who didn’t want to be penalty taker, free kick taker and all round centre of attention, I’d probably be up for it.

But he will be, and he’ll cost a bomb. So no thanks Ronny. You had your chance.

Renegade

Watch Bruno’s and Rashfords influence dissapear if we signed Ronaldo. He should have come here when he left Madrid not now. Too late.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I would love to see him here providing he wants to be team player. Like letting someone else take the free kicks and stuff like that. Tailor Ronaldo to suit our tactics and not tailor United to suit Ronaldo.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
He’d play more games than Cavani and score more goals. Cavani is probably the better bet over three years, but maybe not.

It’s a no brainer if Cavani goes. There’s no decision to make.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Hasn't scored in his last 3 matches in which he missed numerous chances and been overall really poor
Today's chance

Gehrman

Hasn't scored in his last 3 matches in which he missed numerous chances and been overall really poor
Today's chance

The fans on the Juventus forum want him gone, but that's probably just recency bias and I doubt that forum is all that representative of the overall fanbase.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Bloody hell, not this again.
Every year.

It'll still be going on when he's 40 and turning out in wherever is the new emerging money league with some posters adamant he's still better than whoever we have of the time.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I would love to see him here providing he wants to be team player. Like letting someone else take the free kicks and stuff like that. Tailor Ronaldo to suit our tactics and not tailor United to suit Ronaldo.
Having seen the freekicks today, I don't think there's any loss in moving taker, do you?

Gehrman

Having seen the freekicks today, I don't think there's any loss in moving taker, do you?
I didn't watch the game, but Ronaldo's free kick record at Juventus has been abysmal.

croadyman

Would take him for a season if Cavani does decide to leave and then go for Haaland next summer, however this isn't FM so will be more realistic with my expectations and see us going for that Plea or Silva instead.

lex talionis

Sign the old boy up. Unless, of course, one believes that Martial is just too excellent and committed to the cause.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Let's hope its only a year long contract if we're really going to scratch this itch. I could see the possibility of a PL title with him up front, the sitters we miss currently will likely be buried. That's the only upside at this point.
The brand value of the club would also go up, as would our ability to attract other top players since many would want to play on the same team as him. Would be a great deal for all parties involved.

beingshe7don

As much as I would love for CR7 to come back to United, I don't think that would be a step forward for the club.

I don't see Ole strong enough to bench CR7 even when he's not playing well.

OleGunnar20

Bad idea i think, i get the feeling his ego wouldn't mesh all that well with our current core squad.

I think Greenwood should be persisted with at #9, with Martial / Cavani or replacements for both offering competition.

wr8_utd

:'(
I think there's a good chance our entire gameplay would change to lumping in crosses and/or ensuring Ronaldo scores goals which could affect the overall fluidity (whatever exists) of the team. Would be great for the brand and ofcourse he'll most definitely score 30 goals a season but I hope we'd pass this deal. Not that there exists any real chance of it happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.