Croatia or England

Acole9

Outstanding
England to win. More sweet salty tears from the haters.

Skills

Snitch
I think Croatia will beat us sadly.

The first goal is key for England. I don't see how Modric, Rakitic, Brozovic and Kovacic don't pass our midfield off the park to be honest. We can hurt them with quick balls in behind and with set pieces but if we go a goal down they will control it and will be difficult for us to catch them out.
We don't really play through the midfield tbh. We're more than capable of keeping it tight in there but our threat comes from.out wide.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I'm a big proponent of this stat, and that they usually lose the next match in 120 minutes. It's really interesting to watch in practice.

2014 - Costa Rica beat Greece on pens. Then the Netherlands beat Costa Rica on pens. Then Argentina beat Netherlands on pens. The Germany beat Argentina a.e.t

2010 - Ghana beat USA on pens. Then lost to Uruguay on pens. Who lost to Netherlands in 90 minutes.

2006 - Argentina beat mexico a.e.t. Then lost to Germany on pens. Who lost to Italy a.e.t. Who beat France a.e.t (who had ten men).

2002 - Senegal beat Sweden a.e.t. Then lost to Turkey a.e.t. Who lost to Brazil in 90 minutes.

Doesn't always work like that but going to extra time seems to increase likelihood of the next match going to extra time and of that team losing.
It's a no-brainer. Toss in the fact that England had a cake walk today too...

Katalinski

Some English guys are overconfident in their win. They were also that Wembley night when Petrić buried you.

fallengt

England are strong inmidfield. The Croatia love is hipster bullshit of the highest order.
Are you taking a piss?
Rakitic, Kovavic, Modric against Lingard, Deli Alli, Henderson. I'll take Croatia's midfield any time

Manzukic, Perisic, Rebic on other hands have been absolutely dogshit in knockout stage though. They were the main reason Croatia couldn't score many

CA1

Some English guys are overconfident in their win. They were also that Wembley night when Petrić buried you.
I remember that very well and I was one who was very confident. The first time I ever saw Modric play I think and he was superb. Over 10 years on and he's the man to stop again.

England did already get revenge on that with a 4-1 and 5-1 wins in the following WC qualifying group.

So it's 1-1 and a decider.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Good job Carson isn't in goal again then, otherwise the game would go exactly the same way.

Dante

Average bang
The only ‘hipster’ love is for the likes of Maguire and Southgate. Bet you’re devestated your boy Welbz can’t get near the starting eleven. Go Croatia :)
I bet you eat lemons straight out of the skin for your dinner. Bitter af.

The Real No7

The Croatia midfield will destroy England. Nobody for England will even get close to Modric.

ravi2

England are going to have to play our of their skin to beat croatia.
Croatia have the best midfield of the tournament imo.

Neo_Mufc

I've been England all the way until today.

I have a horrible gut feeling that Croatia will knock us out.

Ban

If England will play a midfield of Alli, Henderson and Lingard that should be our advantage.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
If England will play a midfield of Alli, Henderson and Lingard that should be our advantage.
If they don't they'll play Eric Dier instead, which is also to your advantage.

SER19

England, two extra time and pens have exhausted croatia while england basically just beat a championship side at walking pace

peridigm

England, two extra time and pens have exhausted croatia while england basically just beat a championship side at walking pace
This. I think England have that advantage. Anyone supporting England, would you want to meet the host nation in the semis? Would be massive momentum for them if they made it. I think a Belgium vs England final would be fantastic.

Bojan11

Croatia have a better midfield.

But they have Lovren too...

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
If football comes home I give the admins permission to permanently ban me. Apart from that...best of luck. Southgate's cool. Apart from the jacket. It's coming home is also a good meme.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Would like to see Belgium vs England in the final. If that happens I wouldn't know which one to support and would be able to enjoy the game fully without having to stress over anything. :drool:

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Being a self admitted bitter, pessimistic cnut I think England will win. Even excluding the fact Croatia's midfield is obviously better I also think they have threats out wide that England can't quite match like Perisic and Rebic. If it was played on paper they'd win but obviously it isn't and it just seems like everything is aligning perfectly for England this World Cup.

I don't think you can take much from the Denmark and Russia games though. Especially in the case of Russia where they just parked the bus and forced Croatia to come on to them. England won't do that. England are suspect defensively but the two teams they've played in the knockouts have been too scared of their attacking threat to even have a go. On the rare occasions they did venture forward they had some success and it was down to Pickford to perform heroics. Croatia will attack England so that'll be a test for them but obviously at the same time they'll leave themselves open so in theory it should be a cracking game.

Not sure if that'll have as much of a baring as you're suggesting tbh. England played 120 + penalties v Colombia while Sweden comparatively cruised through in 90 v Switzerland yet there were no signs of any physical advantage today. Croatia obviously have heavy legs but Saturday-Wednesday is enough time to recuperate.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
If football comes home I give the admins permission to permanently ban me. Apart from that...best of luck. Southgate's cool. Apart from the jacket. It's coming home is also a good meme.
If football comes home I'm fecking off to join one of those uncontacted tribes in the Amazon.

meamth

England is playing Gegen pressing, Croatia will have no idea what's hitting them.

Andy_Cole

I think Croatia will beat us sadly.

The first goal is key for England. I don't see how Modric, Rakitic, Brozovic and Kovacic don't pass our midfield off the park to be honest. We can hurt them with quick balls in behind and with set pieces but if we go a goal down they will control it and will be difficult for us to catch them out.
Kane will have a field day ripping Lovren.

meamth

Kane will have a field day ripping Lovren.
And then all that passes will meet England's agile center backs, they have nowhere to attack. Then Stones will pass it to trippier, cute one twos with Messe and then bang! Sterling missed an one on one. Comedy.

RedDevil@84

Croatia 3-1 England.

Walker makes 2 defensive mistakes leading to goals. Sterling plays 80 mins and misses 3 chances. Rashford scores one at the end.

Done :D

Jose Jaime Eskauriatza

Supports
The Ole Train
Lorven (Liverpool) always has a mistake or two in him... today he 'controlled' the ball by tripping up on it... was fun to watch and he also gave a run on goal away... Can someone with the I.T. skills get these two gems on a gif?! Henderson may be skill-less, untidy and at times desperate but Lorven is England's ticket to the final... I'm sure Southgate has Lorven in his sight!

Last edited:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
England. We are actually more impressive, and we have Kane, who will score his 4th penalty in this WC

Classical Mechanic

Hard to say. I think the teams are close on paper actually. Croatia better in the middle but England better everywhere else. Croatia have better recent pedigree though, beating Argentina 3-0.

Andy_Cole

Croatia have the better side but, stuff like that does not matter in this tournament.
Do they?

Subasic = Pickford
Lovren < Stones
Vida < Walker
Strinic = Maguire
Perisic > Young
Vsarliko < Trippier
Modric > Henderson
Rakitic > Alli
Krameric < Sterling
Rebic = Lingard
Mandzucic < Kane

That’s 5 - 3 to England. Modric and Kane both in the world class bracket. England also has Rashford on the bench.

We have a really good chance.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Do they?

Subasic = Pickford
Lovren < Stones
Vida < Walker
Strinic = Maguire
Perisic > Young
Vsarliko < Trippier
Modric > Henderson
Rakitic > Alli
Krameric < Sterling
Rebic = Lingard
Mandzucic < Kane

That’s 5 - 3 to England. Modric and Kane both in the world class bracket. England also has Rashford on the bench.

We have a really good chance.
And Rose, Loftus-Cheek, Vardy, etc.
Not sure about Croatia’s depth but England has plenty.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
If England win this I will stand and applaud. I think England have done well but little more than should be expected of them given the opposition.

England have had it fairly easy so far but if they beat their next 2 opponents then they deserve to be champions.