Croatia or England

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Daily mail say that we are shit and there is nothing to fear for england. All our newspapers are quoting that. Dm isn't doing you any favours with that article

Vashu

Predicted Sanchez's signing announcement
England will be favorites to advance to the final, mainly because Croatian team seems to be exhausted and there isn’t much time in between the games. This disadvantage though could be smoothed with smart tactics and altered personnel choices. Coming out with 4-4-2 formation consisting of 2 strikers and 2 wingers would be a suicide. But if they pack up the midfield to protect their defense they could keep England at bay and nick something in the meantime. Quality-wise they're better than their English counterparts on many positions. Also it was great to see Modric run the show yesterday from the start of the second half, because in the game against Sweden he was nothing more but a shadow of himself. So with their captain in good form the midfield battle is there to be won by Croatia. I'll be rooting for the Croats in part because I've got a nice bet in place for them to win the WC and if they manage to reach the final I'll be able to win irrespective of the last game’s outcome.

Mr.Plow

Yeah not. Vida is one good looking bloke. :D
:lol:

But yea I don't see anything unlikeable about your team. You're an example to the rest of us in the Balkans. The amount of world class players you've got for such a small nation is amazing. I don't see how anyone could begrudge you winning.

Ban

Daily mail say that we are shit and there is nothing to fear for england. All our newspapers are quoting that. Dm isn't doing you any favours with that article
It's the tabloid but nevertheless it's even better if they come to the game thinking that.:)

Ban

:lol:

But yea I don't see anything unlikeable about your team. You're an example to the rest of us in the Balkans. The amount of world class players you've got for such a small nation is amazing. I don't see how anyone could begrudge you winning.
Of course mate. :) Where are you from?

0161_UNITED

We're winning the world cup. You heard it here first.
Top of the morning, Ban ;) Congrats on the win, looking forward to the next match! 2 proper teams deserving teams. I hope England wins, but if we don’t, I’ll be pulling for Croatia in the final!

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
If it was a one-off game I think I would fancy Croatia, but they've played more football than England in a short space of time and some of their players looked tired last night. They also picked up a few knocks too.

I think all things considered, I'm happy Croatia beat Russia. Russia's home advantage and direct football seemed more of a threat to me. That's not to say England will go through - apart from Panama I've gone into every England match thinking it could either way, even Tunisia.

Ban

Top of the morning, Ban ;) Congrats on the win, looking forward to the next match! 2 proper teams deserving teams. I hope England wins, but if we don’t, I’ll be pulling for Croatia in the final!
Thanks mate! It will be a terrific game I'm sure, may the best team win. :) if we don't go through I hope our United lads win it. :)

Alabaster Codify7

Before the last two games, I'd have picked Croatia easily.
But they've had to rely on a shootout to beat Denmark and Russia, two very limited teams. I reckon England beat them, 2-1. But lose the final to France.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
For me it’s 55/45 in England’s favor but much like the other semifinal I expect it to be a tight affair. What should be big for England is that they had a relatively easy game against Sweden and could turn tone down the performance in the second half while Croatia had to play very tight 120 minutes for the second time in a row against a physical, well conditioned Russia team. This has to take its toll on their players.

izec

Croatia will win. England need to mix it up, but Croatia will be happy to give them the ball most of the time and do nothing with it. England can only play one way, while Croatia can keep the ball and counter as well. If they dont concede too many corners, i cant see past Croatia. A well oiled and experienced machine, all going to the maximum physically. Englands open game will suit them much better than PTB from Denmark and Russia. England weakness in midfield and defense will cost them in the end. A game of fine margins though.

Crimson King

They're always making us look like idiots to be honest, such a scummy tabloid.

Bestietom

I had Brazil, France, England, and Croatia to reach the last four backed. Brazil were beaten by Belgium. Now I am going to have a little wager on a Final of Belgium and England.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Rakitic really doesn't worry me as much as modric, he isn't a world class player. I think he gets lumped into discussions because he's next to Modric, I like Brozovic though he seems good.

Off the top of my head, Lingard?
Kane against Panama was it? Alli yesterday too.

Mr.Plow

Of course mate. :) Where are you from?
Greece. We had a decent run for a few years but it wasn't sustainable. Player wise, we've never produced anything close to the likes of Modric and Rakitic.

Rebic looks like he could be next.

Ban

Greece. We had a decent run for a few years but it wasn't sustainable. Player wise, we've never produced anything close to the likes of Modric and Rakitic.

Rebic looks like he could be next.
I love Rebić, he's a beast. :)

Whatever players you had you'll forever be European champions. :)

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
They quoted some Croatia fan off an internet message board....say they were dogs*** at defending set plays. ;)

Ban

Rakitic really doesn't worry me as much as modric, he isn't a world class player. I think he gets lumped into discussions because he's next to Modric, I like Brozovic though he seems good.

Kane against Panama was it? Alli yesterday too.
Rakitić has had a brilliant wc till now. If anything he rarely shined in NT shirt.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Ball is rolling for England in this tournament.

If you look back to extra time v Colombia, likes of Walker and Kane were having massive problems with cramp. Not a problem to recover from but last thing England needed was another emotionally draining quarter final. In previous World cups England would run into a Brazil or Portugal and have nothing left in the tank.

Instead England got an ideal opponent in Sweden with little pace or attempt at good ball possession so it was a stroll in the park.

Croatia had the draining quarter final. Great one to win of course but even winning on the edge can drain you a lot.

Croatia can still win as they have plenty of great players in final third. Way I see it is they need to flood midfield to counter England's pace in that area and make sure Modric and Rakitic do as little running as possible and get them on the ball in that vacant space around Henderson that Sweden exploited a few times second half. Delic needs to avoid his wierd 4-2-4 stuff, 4-3-3 as a minimum.

If they can do that Croatia will create chances with their 1-2s around the box. Problem will be though leaving players unmarked in six yard box when defending set pieces. I think you know what's going to happen if Stones, Maguire or Kane get free headers in six yard box like Mario Fernandes did.

Overall England to win 2-1 in normal time.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Rakitić has had a brilliant wc till now. If anything he rarely shined in NT shirt.
Has he? I remember in the last World Cup he was really good but I can't say I've payed as much attention to Croatia this time around. Fair enough, I think the only advantage England have regarding the midfield is that England don't really rely on winning the midfield battle anyway, hence why Henderson is in there pretty much on his own at times.

Ban

Has he? I remember in the last World Cup he was really good but I can't say I've payed as much attention to Croatia this time around. Fair enough, I think the only advantage England have regarding the midfield is that England don't really rely on winning the midfield battle anyway, hence why Henderson is in there pretty much on his own at times.
Yup, he has been orchestrating our midfield like a pro which he is. :) Yesterday I thought he had a really good game in the 2nd half, constantly changing our rhythm, passing to the sides to spread the Russians.

izec

Ball is rolling for England in this tournament.

If you look back to extra time v Colombia, likes of Walker and Kane were having massive problems with cramp. Not a problem to recover from but last thing England needed was another emotionally draining quarter final. In previous World cups England would run into a Brazil or Portugal and have nothing left in the tank.

Instead England got an ideal opponent in Sweden with little pace or attempt at good ball possession so it was a stroll in the park.

Croatia had the draining quarter final. Great one to win of course but even winning on the edge can drain you a lot.

Croatia can still win as they have plenty of great players in final third. Way I see it is they need to flood midfield to counter England's pace in that area and make sure Modric and Rakitic do as little running as possible and get them on the ball in that vacant space around Henderson that Sweden exploited a few times second half. Delic needs to avoid his wierd 4-2-4 stuff, 4-3-3 as a minimum.

If they can do that Croatia will create chances with their 1-2s around the box. Problem will be though leaving players unmarked in six yard box when defending set pieces. I think you know what's going to happen if Stones, Maguire or Kane get free headers in six yard box like Mario Fernandes did.

Overall England to win 2-1 in normal time.
They will play a 433, Modric further forward in midfield and Brozovic besides Rakitic, just like against Argentina

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Would add Kovavcic to mix aswell, don't know if Croatia have ever played the 4 of them in a game before but really they need to have something like 60-40 possession and really get England chasing the ball and tired out like all their teams of ten years ago.

Kramaric and Rebic as fresh legs in the second half.