Cucurella at Chelsea

TheReligion

Abusive
I’m sorry, I get that we disagree on this and that you are making a point to someone who seems to be making an odd and premature attack on the Murtough transition.

But the British government literally had to apologize for being wrong about the ONE thing Abramovich was involved in they deemed sanctionable.

All the “evil oil baron” jokes aside, the man has put his personal safety and well being at stake to try and negotiate on behalf of Ukraine. He’s never been part of Putins Dasha and inner circle. The US had his circle of “friends” broken down into rings: tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3. US intelligence did not have Roman in any of those. Putin even attacked him verbally as a “westernized traitor”, in a public address rant from Moscow after the third confirmed attempt on Putins life. For the record, our service knows of 5 now, which is why he won’t let his own people sit within 30 feet of him.

Calling him a war criminal is like blaming Jeff Bezos for not being able to stop Trump from bombing a country. It’s a tad ridiculous. Abramovich is an anti isolationist, and a third of his children are American.

I’ve seen people attacking this Armenian kid we are trying to buy in a similar fashion; which is why this is so fresh. He was a poor Armenian kid blessed with great skill at football. He accepted a place at a Russian academy and for their national team. It doesn’t make him a bad person. Now he just wants out.

It reminds me of a wonderful ad libbed Stanley Tucci line from the first Captain America movie: “ people forget that the first country the Nazi’s invaded was Germany”

It would be a mistake to label an entire population evil. Thousands of Russians have died protesting or in “education camps”. I’m sure Roman probably isnt a saint, but implying he’s responsible for War Crimes in Ukraine is simply not true.
Okay war criminal was inaccurate. Apologies.

Just a criminal then.

RVN1991

He's obviously not a bad player, but is he much of an upgrade on Chilwell? And, surely this wasn't a priority position for you lot, considering Chilwell is only there a year, and has generally been quite good. I don't particularly rate Chilwell, but from what I've seen, he's been a good signing. Cuceralla, to me, seems more a luxury signing than a necessity.
Cucurella is comfortably better than Chilwell. Never understood how people found any logic in judging players off 2/3 games like we've seen with cucurella and Nunez especially cucurella who's actually been good in most of his matches for Chelsea.

Trequarista10

I rate Cucurella, actually think he'd have been better off joining City as he'd suit their style better. He's very tidy on the ball, intelligent, and energetic, but not the physical specimen you expect from wing backs in a back 3 formation. Although Tuchel may be looking to use a back 4 more frequently this season, but still, Cucurella as an inverted LB at City would have been immense.

mu4c_20le

Cucurella is comfortably better than Chilwell. Never understood how people found any logic in judging players off 2/3 games like we've seen with cucurella and Nunez especially cucurella who's actually been good in most of his matches for Chelsea.
Think you are massively underrating Chilwell there

alexthelion

Agreed and the biggest thing is the timing. Spurs, Arsenal and City have all purchased well because the signings were made early in the window. Chelsea have a good excuse to fall back on in this regard with the club being acquired. This is why for me irrespective of who we sign when the window is finished John Murtough should be getting a wave of criticism for his handling of this window. Worst than Woodward at this point.
Why?

Seems the Glazers only made funds available very late in the window. Can't do much with no money available.

alexthelion

I’m sorry, I get that we disagree on this and that you are making a point to someone who seems to be making an odd and premature attack on the Murtough transition.

But the British government literally had to apologize for being wrong about the ONE thing Abramovich was involved in they deemed sanctionable.

All the “evil oil baron” jokes aside, the man has put his personal safety and well being at stake to try and negotiate on behalf of Ukraine. He’s never been part of Putins Dasha and inner circle. The US had his circle of “friends” broken down into rings: tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3. US intelligence did not have Roman in any of those. Putin even attacked him verbally as a “westernized traitor”, in a public address rant from Moscow after the third confirmed attempt on Putins life. For the record, our service knows of 5 now, which is why he won’t let his own people sit within 30 feet of him.

Calling him a war criminal is like blaming Jeff Bezos for not being able to stop Trump from bombing a country. It’s a tad ridiculous. Abramovich is an anti isolationist, and a third of his children are American.

I’ve seen people attacking this Armenian kid we are trying to buy in a similar fashion; which is why this is so fresh. He was a poor Armenian kid blessed with great skill at football. He accepted a place at a Russian academy and for their national team. It doesn’t make him a bad person. Now he just wants out.

It reminds me of a wonderful ad libbed Stanley Tucci line from the first Captain America movie: “ people forget that the first country the Nazi’s invaded was Germany”

It would be a mistake to label an entire population evil. Thousands of Russians have died protesting or in “education camps”. I’m sure Roman probably isnt a saint, but implying he’s responsible for War Crimes in Ukraine is simply not true.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
The lad will be having nightmares about facing Antony again! :drool:
Once you realize he only has one foot you just run him into Koulibaliy again and again. Ziyech was three times the player Antony was at Ajax and can’t get off a cross against Cucu in training.

When did they match up?

acnumber9

Once you realize he only has one foot you just run him into Koulibaliy again and again. Ziyech was three times the player Antony was at Ajax and can’t get off a cross against Cucu in training.

When did they match up?
That will be if Koulibaly isn’t suspended for showing himself up to be a liability again.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
That will be if Koulibaly isn’t suspended for showing himself up to be a liability again.
Fine, then Silva. The man has probably had both moves Antony knows memorized since the kid was 12.

I’m still curious where Cucurella and Antony have faced off.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
THOSE clips? Are you for real a closet Chelsea fan? Antony looked the abused one. Totally contained. Cucu straighg took the ball twice, and rode him off the ball 2 others. They played him in those clips like I would suspect you’d play him: dare him to go right, then ride him off the ball or out of bounds instead of allowing a cutback.

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
Fine, then Silva. The man has probably had both moves Antony knows memorized since the kid was 12.

It was the gold medal match in the Olympics. Antony got the assist for the winning goal in extra time.

TheReligion

Abusive
Antony eats Cookie(s) for breakfast.

The Spanish ended up having to double up on him to try and spare Cucerella’s blushes!

acnumber9

For such an expert on Antony I would expect you to be able to put two and two together and figure it out. One has played for Brazil and one has played for Spain. On occasion, Brazil and Spain play each other.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Am I going mad or is that video not remotely impressive for either of them? Literally one cross goes in, other than that it’s just a bunch of jostling where we don’t really see the outcome

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Think hes one of the defenders here, for national teams

Charles Miller

Excellent little player. Comfortable at the ball. Very dynamic and available all the time for a pass.
Its good when you have those players in the first line that can build from the back under pressure. Probably will shine if the team get better.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout

When did they match up?
How can someone from the club that had Robben think that’s how these things go if the player is good enough?

jungledrums

When did they match up?
The kind of objective analysis I love to see on the caf! Bravo

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
For such an expert on Antony I would expect you to be able to put two and two together and figure it out. One has played for Brazil and one has played for Spain. On occasion, Brazil and Spain play each other.
I did t want to assume. That’s why I asked. You don’t have to be an expert on Antony, he isn’t that complicated. People have been talking about him as a possibility for multiple teams for almost two years now. And my opinions were similar long before he decided to go to you - to a degree based on our experience with Ziyech.

I see Dutch league defenders running right up to him in those YouTube vids to press him way out wide, and I’m thinking “why?” That’s practically the only time he looks really dangerous.

In the vids Religion posted they play off him mostly and let him have the outside until he commits, and then they ride him out, or off the ball with help.

He could actually be really dangerous if you had a RWB like James who could be dangerous inverting or attacking from out wide. It would be harder to play by just anticipating the spaces he wants to be in. But you guys don’t really have that. At least not yet. If you are going to invest that much in Antony, it should be your next investment though.

TheReligion

Abusive
When Antony has Cucerella on toast in the vid I actually thought the poor devils head was going to spin off!

Just a big mess of hair going all over the place.

Will be an interesting match up this season.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
That beautiful hair though..

Not sure what this one game scouting is supposed to tell us but Cucurella has two assists already after 4 games so let‘s see how many games Antony will need for that. In case one is particularly interested in comparing those two which I for sure am not.

Defo one of my fav players right now, pure quality and an excellent signing. Think in some time he will be played like Lahm was by Pep at Bayern.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
When Antony has Cucerella on toast in the vid I actually thought the poor devils head was going to spin off!

Just a big mess of hair going all over the place.

Will be an interesting match up this season.
He's does feck all productive with the ball in that video. Not sure what's impressive about it?

acnumber9

I did t want to assume. That’s why I asked. You don’t have to be an expert on Antony, he isn’t that complicated. People have been talking about him as a possibility for multiple teams for almost two years now. And my opinions were similar long before he decided to go to you - to a degree based on our experience with Ziyech.

I see Dutch league defenders running right up to him in those YouTube vids to press him way out wide, and I’m thinking “why?” That’s practically the only time he looks really dangerous.

In the vids Religion posted they play off him mostly and let him have the outside until he commits, and then they ride him out, or off the ball with help.

He could actually be really dangerous if you had a RWB like James who could be dangerous inverting or attacking from out wide. It would be harder to play by just anticipating the spaces he wants to be in. But you guys don’t really have that. At least not yet. If you are going to invest that much in Antony, it should be your next investment though.
Maybe you shouldn’t get so cock sure about how easily Chelsea will defend against him based on You Tube videos.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Maybe you shouldn’t get so cock sure about how easily Chelsea will defend against him based on You Tube videos.
Ok. Maybe your team shouldn’t come on a Cucurella thread talking about hiw a completely unrelated player will destroy him? ….

…… Then get rear end hurt when people are completely unworried about a guy who looks like the footie equivalent of an And1 player, and managed like 8 and 4 …. In the Dutch league? Feels like 2015 .

But, for the sake of argument, I have a satellite device that allows me to watch the Dutch league. Much to the chagrin of Lionel Messi, I don’t care who wins the Olympics, don’t think it matters much more than U21 Euros, and want familiar with the particular matchup Religion was alluding to.

Doesn’t make anything I said about Antony wrong. It should say something that you guys had to create a thread asking oppo fans how they feel about him. When that didn’t stick, you had to come in a Cucurella thread to spark discussion on him.

If people end up being wrong about him, good for you!

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Should just keep Alonso - very underrated player I feel.

SAFMUTD

I dont get the hate to Cucurella, he's great I would have loved him here. Solid defender and good offensively. 50M may sound as a lot, but who you get for 20-30M?