Cucurella at Chelsea

TheReligion

Abusive
I dont get the hate to Cucurella, he's great I would have loved him here. Solid defender and good offensively. 50M may sound as a lot, but who you get for 20-30M?
It was £63m or €74m if you prefer Euros.

You can pick up a Malacia for £13m.

acnumber9

Ok. Maybe your team shouldn’t come on a Cucurella thread talking about hiw a completely unrelated player will destroy him? ….

…… Then get rear end hurt when people are completely unworried about a guy who looks like the footie equivalent of an And1 player, and managed like 8 and 4 …. In the Dutch league? Feels like 2015 .

But, for the sake of argument, I have a satellite device that allows me to watch the Dutch league. Much to the chagrin of Lionel Messi, I don’t care who wins the Olympics, don’t think it matters much more than U21 Euros, and want familiar with the particular matchup Religion was alluding to.

Doesn’t make anything I said about Antony wrong. It should say something that you guys had to create a thread asking oppo fans how they feel about him. When that didn’t stick, you had to come in a Cucurella thread to spark discussion on him.

If people end up being wrong about him, good for you!
It’s a Manchester United forum. Did you think everybody here would think every Chelsea player is great and the player United just bought is shit?

If you watch so many Ajax games why are you talking about You Tube. A less cynical person may think you’re full of shit.

Eplel

£73 million and he cannot even get a proper haircut. Flop!

SAFMUTD

It was £63m or €74m if you prefer Euros.

You can pick up a Malacia for £13m.
I thought he was 50M.

Regarding Malacia he has shown really good stuff, but he's still got plenty to prove. Also there are not many Malacias around, we seem to have picked a gem for a change.

mu4c_20le

I dont get the hate to Cucurella, he's great I would have loved him here. Solid defender and good offensively. 50M may sound as a lot, but who you get for 20-30M?
Renan Lodi, Zinchenko, Perisic, Digne.

SAFMUTD

Renan Lodi, Zinchenko, Perisic, Digne.
Perisic is more a winger than a left back, also he's 33 ffs hahaha.

Digne is ok, but again I don't think he'll ever be a starter for a top team. Lodi had an awful season, there's a reason why Atletico is willing to sell him so cheaply.

Zinchenko is a good call though.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
How can someone from the club that had Robben think that’s how these things go if the player is good enough?
Great! Then you have nothing to worry about.

For fun though you might want to look up videos of Robben using his right foot. While very left foot dominant, he was good enough with it to keep people honest .

mu4c_20le

Perisic is more a winger than a left back, also he's 33 ffs hahaha.

Digne is ok, but again I don't think he'll ever be a starter for a top team. Lodi had an awful season, there's a reason why Atletico is willing to sell him so cheaply.

Zinchenko is a good call though.
I feel Perisic would be perfect for Tuchel's system, he does need to be managed though, but then they already have Chilwell. And he's free.

No hate for Cucu here, I like the guy, but I also think it's ok to question the fee. City balked at the price, and I feel like Boehly stepped in because he was desperate for a win at that point, after Rapha and Kounde.

El Jefe

He's not been that good or poor for this thread to be so active. Some strange behaviour from some of our fans.

SAFMUTD

I feel Perisic would be perfect for Tuchel's system, he does need to be managed though, but then they already have Chilwell. And he's free.

No hate for Cucu here, I like the guy, but I also think it's ok to question the fee. City balked at the price, and I feel like Boehly stepped in because he was desperate for a win at that point, after Rapha and Kounde.
Yeah that's odd, I mean 67M do seems a lot for Cucurella but he has the potential to back them. What's strange is that they already have Chilwell who good al also cost them a lot.

He actually had a pretty good season on 20/21. Maybe he didn't came back solid from that ruptured cruciate ligament injury.

Anderson_7_

Obviously he was overpriced, but he’s still a good signing for them.

I'm just glad he didn't end up at City - he would've been more dangerous there for sure. :D

mu4c_20le

Cucurella is comfortably better than Chilwell. Never understood how people found any logic in judging players off 2/3 games like we've seen with cucurella and Nunez especially cucurella who's actually been good in most of his matches for Chelsea.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
I am officially calling it. He's shit. Quite a few on here were right about him. Yet another £55m dud.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I am officially calling it. He's shit. Quite a few on here were right about him. Yet another £55m dud.
It was a surprise some many top clubs were after him. He had a decent season at Brighton but then so does someone like Solly March and he dosen't have half of CL falling over themselves to sign him.

Watched him for years at Getafe and good player but not someone who had international or top 4 qualities. He'd have looked better at Man. City but that's just a system for you sometimes.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Another Pep target flopping at a rival club. You’d think he’s doing it on purpose

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Another Pep target flopping at a rival club. You’d think he’s doing it on purpose
He's certainly got the skills to put out the fake list of who he wants.
We could have done with that approach when Chelsea just found out who he wanted in the early 2000s and just offered double the wage and fee.

SATA

What was it, 55M for him? Was he a Tuchel signing? You already have Ben Chilwell who is twice the player yet signed this guy

TheReligion

Abusive
It was obvious they over payed for him. It’s not his fault though, but it’ll be used against him.
I think it was interesting that City refused to pay more than £30m and were happy to pull out of the race then Chelsea throw £63m in and make the move happen.

Chelsea overpaid for everyone this window. It really was amateur hour from Boehly.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
His hair swishing around the place makes it look like he's all-action when he isn't. If he'd been bald his transfer fee would have been £20m, tops.

In seriousness he's been average when I've seen him but he has time to improve. The team are in a bit of a rut generally, which can't help.

CallyRed

:lol: I actually slightly believe in this kind of thing. So many opinions based on weird perception and vibes. A haircut can 100% influence that.
Fact Fellaini was worth 9.5m minus the the fro.