Gaming Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, PS4/5, Xbox One)

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
Did you pick up Phantom Liberty? Its exceptional content to be fair, better than the base game IMO.
I started it and a couple of hours in it seems top notch. But I also like the base game and bar the odd ragdoll moment or some identical twins roaming the streets can't say I've encountered that many bugs. Just one where I wanted to enter Johnny's Porsche, somehow double tapped the button so immediately got out of it again yet the scene started to progress as if I were still in it. Ran after it for a while but had to reload.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Did you pick up Phantom Liberty? Its exceptional content to be fair, better than the base game IMO.
Yeah I did. I have problems with the core mechanics of the base game so I doubt they’re fixed in PL but I will play through it and I’m sure it has some great aspects.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'm kinda shocked people are still complaining about the bugs-which obviously they have every right to- but i just never encountered that many at all on my Ps5 in the past year. I played it before the big update and the dlc and it was fine and then after that it was an even better game for me. I think you guys are just having really bad luck and i hope you enjoy the DLC more if you get that far.

There's something about the vibe of Cyberpunk that just really appeals to me. It's nowhere near as grand or as morally complex as The Witcher 3 but the vibe really hits me in the main city and in the DLC in particular. It's a really scummy dystopia ...and i love it! :D
Same here. I did 3 playthroughs on the PS5 post 1.7 and encountered only a handful of few very minor bugs.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I’ve seen many references to slicing people up. Do people use the mantis blades or is it a samurai sword kind of thing?

Just tried using mantis blades on a cyber psycho and they were pretty ineffective.

amolbhatia50k

I’ve seen many references to slicing people up. Do people use the mantis blades or is it a samurai sword kind of thing?

Just tried using mantis blades on a cyber psycho and they were pretty ineffective.
Both are extremely effective if you put points into blades and slow down time via either sandevistan or kerensikov dodge.

In my netrunner ninja build I used to enjoy the hack / dodge plus katana combo

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Both are extremely effective if you put points into blades and slow down time via either sandevistan or kerensikov dodge.

In my netrunner ninja build I used to enjoy the hack / dodge plus katana combo
Ok cool cheers. Is Sandevistan a perk?

I’ve just changed the control scheme. It seemed to be defaulted to alternate which meant melee attack was L1. Tried classic but that puts crouch and dash as the same button which is just awful. Dynamic seems the way to go with crouch still circle but needing to hold it down instead.

Balljy

I've just played the Sinnerman quest on my playthrough for the DLC. It's such a bizarre one.

I still haven't started the DLC yet and am 25 hours in. I think I'll get most of the other side quests out of the way first.

amolbhatia50k

Ok cool cheers. Is Sandevistan a perk?

I’ve just changed the control scheme. It seemed to be defaulted to alternate which meant melee attack was L1. Tried classic but that puts crouch and dash as the same button which is just awful. Dynamic seems the way to go with crouch still circle but needing to hold it down instead.
It’s an Os - you can either go for a hacking one, time slowdown one (sandevistan) or an overall buff one (Beserker). You might need to earn some eddies to buy a new Os

Irwin99

I've just played the Sinnerman quest on my playthrough for the DLC. It's such a bizarre one.

I still haven't started the DLC yet and am 25 hours in. I think I'll get most of the other side quests out of the way first.
One of the best quests in the game in my opinion and it left me feeling a bit uncomfortable after i finished it. I don't think the game comes close to getting near Witcher 3's sidequests but that was definitely one of them that made me stop and think about what happened.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
It’s an Os - you can either go for a hacking one, time slowdown one (sandevistan) or an overall buff one (Beserker). You might need to earn some eddies to buy a new Os
Ah I got one now. I see it takes away quickhacks though. So how do you do that and be a netrunner?

amolbhatia50k

Ah I got one now. I see it takes away quickhacks though. So how do you do that and be a netrunner?
You’re supposed to choose one or the other. If you want a bit of both, the best workaround is to keep a net runner OS and use kerenzikov for the slow mo (when dodging). You can buff the duration of the Kerenzikov using the better versions and other mods / weapons / armour (can’t remember exactly must have changed in 2.0 too).

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Been playing the game again with the expansion included. The expansion is very good to be fair and much better than what the original produced.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
It’s weird, people have been asking for a metro since launch but.. why? Will you actually use it instead of the fast travel system? Unless it plays a tangible part in the game itself it’s totally pointless.

AaronRedDevil

Only thing I wanted was NG+. Replaying to get everything keeps me away from it. How did they not think to put it in the game

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I’ve reached a point where I need to meet Hokato (spelling?) at Embers but the game says that’s a point of no return which feels very soon. Should I start dogtown before that? I’ve got a heap of other quests to do as well so not sure if I should do those before Dogtown?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I’ve reached a point where I need to meet Hokato (spelling?) at Embers but the game says that’s a point of no return which feels very soon. Should I start dogtown before that? I’ve got a heap of other quests to do as well so not sure if I should do those before Dogtown?
I read online that you should apparently do Dogtown and the expansion post meeting the Voodoo Boys and doing that first quest with them so definitely do before end game in the main story.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I read online that you should apparently do Dogtown and the expansion post meeting the Voodoo Boys and doing that first quest with them so definitely do before end game in the main story.
Ok cheers. I can’t believe that’s the start of the end game. Feels like I did about 2 missions on that quest line.

Massive Spanner

Ok cheers. I can’t believe that’s the start of the end game. Feels like I did about 2 missions on that quest line.
Yeah same. It was a shock to me too. The main story is really short. I can’t think of another massive open world game with such a short plot. One of its many failings. It’s tiny compared to The Witcher 3. You can tell it’s unfinished.

dinostar77

It’s weird, people have been asking for a metro since launch but.. why? Will you actually use it instead of the fast travel system? Unless it plays a tangible part in the game itself it’s totally pointless.
im hoping there are some missions that use the metro or based around it. A boss fight ala predator 2 movie on the metro could be cool.

I think it just goes to show how not ready the game was to ship originally. Bean counters for you.

b82REZ

Started this again last night.

Not really seeing any real difference. Still seems like a buggy, lifeless world. Feels clunkier than I remember.

The setting does so much heavy lifting because it makes me want to carry on playing.

On the fence whether to get the DLC.

Massive Spanner

Have to say, Phantom Liberty is excellent and a massive improvement on the base game. Dogtown is so dense and full of life in contrast to the emptiness of the rest of Night City. This is what the game should have been at the start.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
You got the new version ? Just uninstall it, because it's highly recommended installing it, before installing new version with a patch, which is not that new, because new patch is coming two days. So uninstall it.

Live service gaming.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
You got the new version ? Just uninstall it, because it's highly recommended installing it, before installing new version with a patch, which is not that new, because new patch is coming two days. So uninstall it.

Live service gaming.
Come again?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
No time to finish games these days, but no worries, Cyberpunk 2 already announced on unreal engine. Can't wait to wait for new patches for that one, while waiting on patches for previous game.
Ah yes it is a load of bollocks. Games are just expected to be released unfinished at this point and the consumer just accepts it.

Stacks

Been playing the game again with the expansion included. The expansion is very good to be fair and much better than what the original produced.
that's pretty good to hear. I been holding off playing the expansion as I completed the original playthrough twice in September and October so needed a break as I have fatigue

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
2.1 update has thrown me a bit. Suddenly it’s down to read shards and things when before it was left on the d-pad. Left is now some other thing with 4 lines that is redded out for me so dunno what that is. I rode the metro. It was dull but some people might like it for roleplaying.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
2.1 update has thrown me a bit. Suddenly it’s down to read shards and things when before it was left on the d-pad. Left is now some other thing with 4 lines that is redded out for me so dunno what that is. I rode the metro. It was dull but some people might like it for roleplaying.
Just realised the thing in the left d-pad is the radio and that’s why it feels like rock music is following me everywhere.

Hamnat

Can you change the setting? I would want to swap those. I'm downloading the patch now. New Nvidia drivers too

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
The Phantom Liberty stuff is confusing me in terms of when to do certain stuff. I think I am about half way in both of them.

Massive Spanner

The Phantom Liberty stuff is confusing me in terms of when to do certain stuff. I think I am about half way in both of them.
I’m not that far into PL but I assumed you should just plow through it once you start? It’s so much better than the base game I don’t think I could go back to that mid way through anyway!

b82REZ

I've not bought it yet but I've been wondering this.

I'm assuming the DLC adds a new area to the map you can visit whenever you want. Can't imagine they're doing some obtuse way of accessing it like a FromSoft game.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I’m not that far into PL but I assumed you should just plow through it once you start? It’s so much better than the base game I don’t think I could go back to that mid way through anyway!
That's what I read online but then I also read that the ending of PL can change the ending of the main stuff too so it seems a bit weird.

Hamnat

I would say do enough of the main story so that you have relationships developed with a lot of the side characters. Then do Phantom Liberty. Some options and choices won't be available in Phantom Liberty if you haven't gotten some relationships established yet and just jump in. You can ask some of your Main story allies to help you out on certain things if you have developed enough with them on Dogtown missions. Otherwise, those options aren't there.